3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Gmc Bed Of Thorns - Sign Up!, Spring Theme Collaboration
Todd Simpson
May 25 2011, 01:00 AM
GMC:er

Hey smile.gif Just saw this! Still taking folks on? I miss these collab requests sometimes. Looks like this post was 4:30am?

Todd

QUOTE (Chris Evans @ May 7 2011, 04:13 AM) *
ok, I`m hoping after last months AC/DC collab flop that this one will prove to be a little more popular smile.gif

in case you`ve missed it, its "SAMBORA SPRING!" here at GMC.

To join in with some activities I have made a backing for you to show us your Ritchie style wink.gif

Video of you playing would be great but just audio is fine if you prefer or dont have videoing facilities smile.gif
I will open an uploads thread soon, there you can post your takes, as usual I will need the take of just your guitar and a take with the backing.

I hope you like the backing (and guess what tune it is based upon smile.gif )

all the best and have fun!! biggrin.gif

[attachment=23458:GMC_Bed_...backing1.mp3]

Edit: re worked the backing a little to make it sound bigger smile.gif (hopefully worked

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 25 2011, 09:35 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 25 2011, 01:00 AM) *
Hey smile.gif Just saw this! Still taking folks on? I miss these collab requests sometimes. Looks like this post was 4:30am?

Todd

4.30am!? that doesnt seem right laugh.gif I am a night owl sometimes but defo not those sort of times laugh.gif

Yea Todd, jump in biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 25 2011, 09:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ May 25 2011, 09:35 AM) *
4.30am!? that doesnt seem right laugh.gif I am a night owl sometimes but defo not those sort of times laugh.gif

Yea Todd, jump in biggrin.gif

Maybe you're sleep posting ? huh.gif GMC has crept into your nocturnal life too biggrin.gif

Yee-ha, Todd in the house.. great stuff !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 25 2011, 09:43 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 25 2011, 09:39 AM) *
Maybe you're sleep posting ? huh.gif GMC has crept into your nocturnal life too biggrin.gif

Sometimes I log in if I wake up & cant get back to sleep, I go sit downstairs for half an hour, it may have been one of those times!? either that or your right and Kris is secretly brainwashing us all to become GMC zombies huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 25 2011, 09:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ May 25 2011, 09:43 AM) *
either that or your right and Kris is secretly brainwashing us all to become GMC zombies huh.gif

I think we can categorically state that as a fact now biggrin.gif Feeding on us small bowls of rice and making us work at guitar all day and night ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
K1R
May 25 2011, 01:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 25 2011, 11:45 AM) *
I think we can categorically state that as a fact now biggrin.gif Feeding on us small bowls of rice and making us work at guitar all day and night ! laugh.gif

I don't mind to become that kind of zombie smile.gif Can you give me some more rice?

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Bondy
May 26 2011, 11:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Okey Dokey here's my effort I'm pretty pleased with it on the second time I have tried to make my own solo hope it's ok smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 27 2011, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ May 26 2011, 11:14 PM) *
Okey Dokey here's my effort I'm pretty pleased with it on the second time I have tried to make my own solo hope it's ok smile.gif

Hey Craig!! sorry bit late on this, great take mate, good effort, very moody there with the lighting as well wink.gif

can I have your take on its own as well please mate, just an mp3 smile.gif

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: May 27 2011, 09:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 28 2011, 12:25 AM
Hey Ben! Can't wait to hear eveyrone's take and I'm thrilled to be involved in another killer Collab! smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 25 2011, 03:39 AM) *

Yee-ha, Todd in the house.. great stuff !! cool.gif

P.S. Great job on the Collab Track to our Collab Master on this one smile.gif

Here is a screen grab of the posting time. I think you are on to something with the Zombie Theory! I've noticed some of my own posts are near dawn!
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 28 2011, 09:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ May 26 2011, 11:14 PM) *

Nice licks Craig.. I like your tone as well ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 28 2011, 12:25 AM) *
P.S. Great job on the Collab Track to our Collab Master on this one smile.gif

Here is a screen grab of the posting time. I think you are on to something with the Zombie Theory! I've noticed some of my own posts are near dawn!

Amen.. Chris has delivered a nice, inspiring backing. Good chords allow a good lead melody to come forth easier. smile.gif

Yep... Rice Eating Zombies. Uh-oh, I think that's going to be the title of a future collab..... I bag the name !!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 28 2011, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris,

Finally managed to get something down ! Hope you like it.. will send video over shortly smile.gif

Attached File  Bed_Of_Thorns_in_Context.mp3 ( 701.83K ) Number of downloads: 149
With backing

Attached File  Bed_Of_Thorns_solo.mp3 ( 708.27K ) Number of downloads: 143
Without

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 28 2011, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 28 2011, 04:43 PM) *
Hi Chris,

Finally managed to get something down ! Hope you like it.. will send video over shortly smile.gif

Attached File  Bed_Of_Thorns_in_Context.mp3 ( 701.83K ) Number of downloads: 149
With backing

Attached File  Bed_Of_Thorns_solo.mp3 ( 708.27K ) Number of downloads: 143
Without

nice nice nice, cool harmonies, have got the vid link as well, thank you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
May 29 2011, 03:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Chris gonna have to redo the take, been away for so long forgot about mixing at the end and recorded on webcam then added the backing track doh!

Downloaded Reaper but won't let me record mp3 ? only wave!!! tried downloading the fix to enable mp3 but no joy sad.gif

Any ideas ?

Thanks for the comments btw Chris and Ben smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 29 2011, 03:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bondy @ May 29 2011, 02:10 PM) *
Hey Chris gonna have to redo the take, been away for so long forgot about mixing at the end and recorded on webcam then added the backing track doh!

Downloaded Reaper but won't let me record mp3 ? only wave!!! tried downloading the fix to enable mp3 but no joy sad.gif

Any ideas ?

Thanks for the comments btw Chris and Ben smile.gif

You can record your files as .wav extension in reaper but you can export them as .mp3 afterwise from File->Render in reaper menu. And you need to have a Lame encoder for converting files to .mp3 in reaper. Here is the download link: smile.gif

http://lame.sourceforge.net/download.php

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Bondy
May 29 2011, 03:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Sorted it now here's the 2 files with and with out BT

Attached File  Bed_Of_Thornes_With_BT.mp3 ( 892.65K ) Number of downloads: 152

Attached File  Bed_Of_Thornes_Without_BT.mp3 ( 852.65K ) Number of downloads: 144

Thanks Quad downloaded the wrong one lol

thanks for the help though smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 29 2011, 03:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bondy @ May 29 2011, 02:35 PM) *
Thanks Quad downloaded the wrong one lol

thanks for the help though smile.gif

Anytime smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 29 2011, 10:47 PM
sorry Craig, busy weekend, thanks for clearing that up Quadrium smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2011, 07:04 AM
I felt like not sticking out quite so much in the structure for once (especially after my "playing with one hand" collab) so I play a sort of rythm layer with a little shredishness at the tail. Hope this works in the mix smile.gif I'm not doing anything to acrobatic so I didn't video it. Let me know what you think smile.gif

With Backing
Attached File  Todd_with_backing.mp3 ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 129

Without Backing
Attached File  Todd_Without_Backing.mp3 ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 129

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jun 3 2011, 10:52 AM
cheers Todd! I havnt listened to it yet, but I wil ltry to a little later, I`ll get this mixed and edited up at the weekend and post before I disappear off for a couple of weeks to sunnier (although its pretty sunny here atm) climes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jun 6 2011, 10:17 AM
quick update on this, I started editing the video etc for this last night, its taking a little longer than I hoped, I will try and get it finished tonight for you guys, but if I dont finish I wont be able to get it up till nearer the end of the month due to going away on my annual holiday, will try my best tonight although I expect to get some hampering from the Mrs for packing the cases etc !

just letting you all know in case you wonder smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:10 AM