> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Technique And Orchestration With Rated Htr
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2013, 05:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 21 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Hey Cosmin, here's a video for you of my current activities and lots of talking laugh.gif

EDIT: if it's not available, just give it some time cause it's processing smile.gif

P.S: I really have to stop looking at the camera when I'm playing xD

P.S.2: when I said my pinky was not good to mute I meant to pull off and hammer on

It got removed cause it was too long, have to upload it again :/ Sorry...I'll do a new post when it's up

Hey mate - it looks like it's not available at all - where did it go? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 21 2013, 05:38 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I said it got removed, had to reupload it again smile.gif

But here it is!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2013, 03:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 21 2013, 04:38 PM) *
I said it got removed, had to reupload it again smile.gif

But here it is!

Hey mate biggrin.gif Check this out:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato-stamina/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...-Your-Guitar-2/

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 22 2013, 03:33 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Aww man, I wish you had posted the video 30 minutes ago, I just finished uploading a new take before the videos came up laugh.gif

Anyways, no harm in posting the video while watching these tongue.gif

EDIT: After watching the video at night I notice that even though I didn't stress with the camera I totally forgot about holding off on the vibrato sad.gif

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Mar 23 2013, 02:38 AM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2013, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy biggrin.gif I think you are ALMOST there wink.gif

Here's what I noticed:

- those quirky little bends (ex: 0:05 - 0:06) are not quite there - you should try to record against the original track when practicing them, so that you may see how their timing is exactly.

- the bends are smoother and the vibrato allows the notes to breathe a lot better then before! Very well done wink.gif

I would be very interested in correcting those little bends in the beginning smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 24 2013, 12:32 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Cosmin, here's a new video for you, I'm quite satisfied with it comparing it with the first take and I tried to take your considerations to the max here, specially the gain one smile.gif

As for the other two lessons, expect my take on the second lesson of the voice of your guitar soon and the legato lesson, well, that one is gonna take a bit longer laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2013, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Check out the REC zone - I left my comments there - you are getting closer and closer from one take to the other smile.gif Do you also feel that in your playing? Can't wait to see the other takes on the 2 lessons - I think you are improving and understanding things about yourself at a fast pace and the path has just begun smile.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 25 2013, 11:27 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Well, I can only go up not down I believe laugh.gif

I'll still try another take on that lesson and than start recording Voice of Your Guitar 2. As for now, gonna check those beginning bends with the max ninja skills needed smile.gif

One more thing, I might slow down a bit regarding my posts since university starts today again just to let you know smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2013, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Hey man - no problemmo, take your time. I am here and will answer when you throw some materials in here wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 31 2013, 02:33 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey man, here's a little update that is long overdue tongue.gif

I'm still trying to optimize my room in order to record high quality videos along with high quality audio. Here's what I have so far.

I have daylight lightning on my right and have 400w of studio light to improve the rest tongue.gif. I brought my randall and axe-fx on top of it for that wow effect and because that way I can put my laptop on top of it and won't have those problems on clicking the record button and just doing a new take, also that way it's easier for me to record the audio with the video at the same time. Next week I'll post some takes on the lessons, I just couldn't do it this week because of uni, needed to organize myself smile.gif

Regarding another thing I wanted to discuss, GMC Lessons are not a problem but i'm interested in recording covers. One of my friends asked me to record a Green Day cover. I found backing tracks on youtube and tried to record it but it always comes out bad to my hears because it's already mixed and my guitar always sounds low and if I lower the volume of the track, it just sounds bad to me. I really want it to sound good and the only way I'm picturing it is to do the backing track myself from scratch but I'd like to hear your thoughts on that to see what approaches I should take on it because it can also be applied for my songs as well.

Anyways man, hope you've been having a good time smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 31 2013, 04:25 PM
Instructor
Howdy bro smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Apr 1 2013, 03:02 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks for the tips, tomorrow I should have a new video here with my new set up smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2013, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Alright man! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 26 2014, 09:28 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey man,

First of all would like to apologize for my hiatus but I want to dive back again into working out some stuff if it's still possible. I'm taking a look into the vibrato lesson as you suggested in my last rec take.

Also, regarding what we talked about as you can see, I'm getting happy with my new setup, just need a new lamp for the other light to avoid the shadow on the right.

Besides the vibrato lesson, I had been working on Muris ' Timing Exercise. Is there anything you think I should prioritize or am I fine with this way?

Once again man, sorry for the break tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 26 2014, 04:42 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Welcome back, we can surely get back to working together on developing your technique with the lessons you like and I would be very interested to see how your interests have shifted all this time, so if you would take a bit of time to answer the questions in the link below, it will be very helpful in our quest related to your development: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

About the lessons - the vibrato one and the timing exercise are pretty much enough at this moment - it's never a good thing to spread yourself too thin, so focus on these two, let's see them recorded as close to perfection as possible and we'll take it from there, deal? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 26 2014, 04:58 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Sure man, wasn't planning on adding up, just wanted to see if you thought the timing one was worth a shot. I can play everything, just practicing the 32th notes to be relaxed.

* How long have you been playing the guitar?
R: I'm not sure to be honest, I would say since 2007/2008.

* What do you feel your current level is?
R: I feel that I'm an intermediate. Regarding theory I consider myself to be advanced but my technique lacks a lot compared to it, mostly because of many stops and inconsistent practice.

* What sort of theoretical knowledge do you have so far?
Well, I went to music uni for 2 years, I understand complex chords, scales, modes, so I would say I'm fine here and it's not my main focus for now smile.gif

* How much time/day can you spend practicing?
Right now, I have a lot of time until I get my new degree on wheels, but I would say I can spare 1 hour for music.

* What are your favorite techniques?
I don't have a favourite technique to be honest. I change moods very easily.

* What would you like to improve?
Well, my legato was always a big weakness of mine, but I don't like studying legato by itself so I try to find lessons that have legato licks so I can start incorporating them into my playing. I also want to expand my AP speed. I have stagnated on fast licks for a very long time.

* What is your current experience as a player (band, studio, home)?
I've had multiple bands mostly in the metal style. I have a great home studio in terms of recording and expanding the video area as well.

* What gear do you own?
Axe-FX II, Fender American Stratocaster, Schecter Hellraiser 7 string. Also have keyboards and a virtual drum kit if it's important tongue.gif.

* Name a few favorite artists that inspire your playing
Syu from Galneryus, Christopher Amott, Marty Friedman, Charlie Griffiths (Haken), Tollis Zavaliaris and Emppu Vuorinen.

I'll try to record the vibrato lesson in a day or two. My fingers are a bit sore at the moment biggrin.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2014, 08:11 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, I went ahead with the questions because I was curious to see how your musical orientation and interests have shifted through time smile.gif How I see things, we should focus on implementing legato and AP in musical contexts, by using GMC lessons which are as musical as possible and then throwing some musical challenges your way, in which you can use these newly acquired skills. What do you think? One hour at your level should be pretty ok, but about changing moods - consistency is a key element here wink.gif Don't forget that progress comes with consistency and steady practicing. Let me know what you think and after finishing the lessons you are working on now, we can proceed with the new assignments, deal? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 27 2014, 10:41 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Sounds excelent...Tomorrow I'll record a take of the vibrato lesson just to see how it stands.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 28 2014, 10:46 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok man, here it is and here are my notes regarding it:

- My fingers are killing me, haven't had so much pain on my fingers for a long time tongue.gif
- Had a very hard time getting the rhythm straight on the 3rd round of the vibrato.
- On the 4th, I felt a big pain so I changed the direction of the vibrato because I couldn't take it.
- You can see how my fingers are after the take. They are a bit black now. I know it's good because it means they are getting stronger but that's why I didn't record a new take since overall, I'm not too happy with this one.
- Also I tried both with the 3rd and 4th finger since the previous one is what Ben uses and I tend to use more the 4th one but they both felt the same pain laugh.gif

Anyways, not going to post this on REC since I only post a take on REC when I'm happy with the result unless you think I should to hear other feedback smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Sep 28 2014, 10:46 AM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2014, 12:57 PM
Instructor
Hey mate,

Great and thorough approach as usual here wink.gif You have a very good tendency to work diligently and to observe your actions, which will help tremendously along the way. The only obvious issue that I could spot was around 0:44 where you didn't execute the vibrato form as in the original recording. Now, it's all a matter of becoming natural and accustomed to the technique as well as practicing lessons in which you will have it implemented.

I think that maybe one more recording would do justice to the lesson for the REC zone as well, focusing on keeping things flowing and solving the little issue at 0:44. Have you also tried to practice it with the original recording as well?

About the pain... well, it's a natural reaction of the body when practicing vibrato and bending a lot smile.gif It's a normal thing, but don't worry, the clauses will form up and protect you. You need to practice it often tho, so that they will stay with you.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:57 PM