Aborted - 1349 - Necrophagist - Suffocation - Carcass, NYC Sept 6th
fatb0t
Sep 8 2008, 07:14 PM
GMC:er
So I went to Nokia theatre in NYC to see a pretty serious Death Metal show...here's my review.

Aborted - I wish they aborted playing. They didn't sound check, the lead singer looks like he has some sort of spastic jerk. The guitarist was decent at rhythm - he tried to solo and do taps and stuff...I kinda felt bad for the dude, but then I remembered he was on stage and not me - so he was horrendous.

1349 - My friend LOVED this band, I'm not a big black metal guy so I don't think I could give an accurate description or opinion on them. They wore extremely cheesy face make up, blasted power chords at lke 165 bpm and yelled inaudiable foreign language lyrics. One cool thing the singer did do was make his voice sound like wind, which was pretty bad ass.

Necrophagist - One word - WOW. Just, like, AMAZING. Just the most amazingly technical thing ever. Unbelieveable sweeps, tapping, legato technique. You name it, both guitarists in this band had it - they were top notch. Not only that - they bassist had a six or maybe even seven string bass and the drummer sounded like a machine (in a really consistant type of way). Their rhythm didn't do anything for me, I couldn't find a groove or head bang or anyhting - but just technically stunning.

Suffocation - they were INSANE. Just literally insane, the lead singer was hilarious. He told several amusing stories about Wal Mart and how awesome it is because you can buy a shot gun at 4am and blow your brians out. He was too funny. They were really very serious, they're from NY too - so they had a large crowd there, lots of friends too.

Carcass - Um, they were insanely tight. Michael Amott was pretty good, but the other guitarist Bill Steer was REMARKABLE. Insanely tight band, really just awesome. Vocals from Jeff Walker were CD like - I mean, this live performance was TOP NOTCH. You could tell they really rehearsed - sound checked, had it all together. If you guys don't know about Carcass I suggest you give them a listen..all of their cds are phenominal. The rhythm work and solo techniques these guys posses, and posessed YEARS ago is amazing. I was dumbfounded by their performance, cannot say enough about them. If you have a chance to see them - DO IT. This is Michaels best band in my opinion - it owns Arch Enemy and Spiritual Beggars combined.

Hopefully they will release a new CD!

on a side note, lots of hot chicks at this show! Usually there aren't many girls at metal shows =(

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:35 PM