Mtp John January, Assigments
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 19 2010, 06:32 AM
Instructor
Well mate, for this assigment we'll be working on some legato runs to improve legato.

We'll start really easy and with a very mechanical exercise but that I think it will help you to loose your fingers a little bit.

The idea of this exercise is to get your fingers used to the usual positions that you'll be using on the long legato runs. In the transcription you'l find the fingers of the left hand and the picking pattern. You'll have to go up to the 12th fret and then go down with those three (3) shapes. I didn't transcribe the whole thing because it will be reeeeally long and I think it's unnecesary but if you have any questions don't doubt to ask me.

The tempo that you have to master the exercise will be quarter = 90.

Good luck with the new assigment.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MTP_legato.gp5 ( 3.19K ) Number of downloads: 162

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
johnvg
Feb 1 2010, 03:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 9 2010, 07:30 AM
Instructor
John you've nailed the exercise mate! Congratulations!

I took a long time to answer the thread because I was a little busy these days.

For the next assigment I want you to work on this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/open_strings_riffing_/

It has a lot of legato passages

If you cannot master the lesson in the original tempo you can lower the tempo 10 or 20 points.

Any doubts feel free to ask me biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Ramiro.

--------------------

+Quote Post
johnvg
Feb 14 2010, 04:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Ramiro,

I wanted to let you know that I am in the process of moving, so all of my guitars and amps are on a truck until next weekend. I still have my acoustic with me and will practice as best I can with it until I get my gear back.

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 15 2010, 07:34 AM
Instructor
Ok mate, no problem!

Good luck with that wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:58 PM