Should I Buy A Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 (50w)
Stan v Slash
May 20 2008, 08:13 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I am a noob and its my first post - go gentle on me.

I have been playing over a year now and making good progress (thanks to GMS obviously). I play mostly just in my room at the moment, and I play classic rock - Guns n Rose, Velvet Revolver, ACDC, etc, etc. I do occasionally jam with my friends, but, who knows what the future holds

As you can tell from my gear - I really like Slash and love his tone.

Now my ear is developing I have come to realize that my current amp is no good (being polite) and I have been looking to get a new amp - probably a tube amp and I was leaning towards just getting a small practice amp.

However, I have been offered a brand new marshall vintage modern 2266 (50W) - which is the 50w version of the amp my idol actually uses - for 25% less than the RRP.

Whilst it is more than I actually intended spending on it - this is a one time offer and only have a couple of day to decide if I want it.

So basically I am after everyone's opinion:
Should I spend the extra and get the Marshall or just stick to the original plan?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear

Epiphone Les Paul standard
Epiphone Les Paul Slash signature

Boss GE-7
Slash signature wah

Marshall VM 2266
Marshall 1936v 2x12 (Vintage 30s)

JamVOX

Marshall MG30DFX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:54 PM