> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Intemperatecontrol - Rock Ballad Solo, Rock Ballad Solo Lesson By: Emir Hot
Grade
intemperateControl - Rock Ballad Solo
1. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6. [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7. [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8. [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

intemperateContr...
Mar 4 2010, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original Lesson URL : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ck-ballad-solo/

Hi guys. Even if I could play this solo as good as Emir - I can not, it wouldn't sound the same with my poor recording equipment.
But I really enjoy playing this tune and appreciate the talent and skill that went into creating it - in fact I'm overwhelmed with all
the great material all you guys put up on GMC and wish I could play it all just as good as you guys. Guess that would make me great.
Ha! Anyway, I did a number of takes using different tones and effects but think this one sounds the cleanest - even though some of
the more distorted takes sounded cooler in a weird way, I thought the cleaner tone might be preferable for you guys to judge my
playing as it is for now so here it is. Happy grading... smile.gif

My Gear:

Guitar: Michael Kelly HEX XT w/ Rockfield Mafia Pickups
Computer: Dell Latitude Laptop
Backing Output: Polk Audio PC Speakers, ZMEX 2-M 60
Video: Canon A590 Power-Shot Camera
Software used: Canon Software and/or Windows Movie Maker
Effects: V-AMP 4 adjustable tones

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 11 2010, 09:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 7 2010, 10:48 PM
Instructor
Very good take. I think this lesson posed quite a challenge on you, and you sure covered it well. However, I think there are many too runs that need a lot of work on. I believe you should spend more time on this lesson, to polish up those faster parts. Everything else was very good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Mar 8 2010, 03:34 PM
Instructor
Nice take, you should check more carefully those bendings and the vibrato, some are out of tune. Another shing is the rhythm of the last note of each phrase before jumping to the next onem it is very important that you have in your mind clearly how you are going to end a phrase and then goes to the next one. Here it sounds kinda randomly playing for those phrase endings. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 11 2010, 03:35 AM
Instructor
I remember I gave you detailed comment about this one. This is not a bad take but still some things you need to be aware of. Never start the phrase before the previous bar finishes. You're rushing too much with many runs. Sometimes even for a whole quarter note before the actual starting point. Vibrato is getting better but also needs more control. I am sure you can sound perfect with this one soon just keep polishing those weak points. Good work.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 11 2010, 09:04 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Good job man and almost there, 7 on this take.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:20 PM