> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Intemperatecontrol - Stevie Ray Vaughnan Inspired (take 2), Attempt 2 on this cool lesson
Grade
intemperateControl - Stevie Ray Vaughnan inspired (take 2)
1. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8. [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
9. [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
10. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

intemperateContr...
Mar 22 2010, 10:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Lesson: Stevie Ray Vaughnan inspired...
Lesson By: Jonathan Burgos
Lesson URL: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Stevie...pired_Phrasing/

Hi again. Just saw that Purple Hayes put up a nice new take on this lesson and then, upon further thought,
I remembered you guys failed me on my take. Well, who am I to argue with the experts. It's just hard for
me not to put a little of myself into these takes, like a speaker giving an agreeable speech as opposed to an
exact imitation of voice inflection and mannerisms. Of course then, one must also consider the technicalities.
And, since I have already been putting out some take 2s around here I figured why not. So, without further
ado, feeble attempt number two is at hand. Happy grading. laugh.gif

Gear:

Guitar: Michael Kelly HEX XT w/ Rockfield Mafia Pickups
Computer: Dell Latitude Laptop
Backing Output: ZMEX ZM-80 PC speakers
Solo Guitar output: Polk Audio PC Speakers, ZMEX 2-M 60
plugged into V-Amp.
Video: Canon A590 Power-Shot Camera
Software used: Canon Software
Effects: V-AMP w/ adjustable tones

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 28 2010, 04:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Mar 23 2010, 03:16 PM
GMC:er
Hey bro! What joy you study my lesson, thank you very much! is a pleasure for me!. From what I see in the video, I see you're a good guitarist and has potential to keep learning and adding knowledge. In the video I see that you have breached the exact phrases, but you've captured the essence of the lesson, although it does not sound very much like SRV, another guitar sound, other phrases, etc.. Nor do I imitate Vaughan, or that you copy it. I like your suggestion and I like how you play the guitar. If I have to rate your video by the similarity to the original lesson, do not qualify with the same score with which you qualify. I like how you learn and how to apply the concepts. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS
Check my music at MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 23 2010, 11:26 PM
Instructor
Very good job. You played the solo good, but I believe you lack some important elements, like proper muting and god bending/vibrato. Because of this, I give 8.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 24 2010, 03:44 AM
Instructor
8 from me too bro, NICE playing!
try to work on the nutting like ivan said, and i would work on the vibrato too (to make it sound more bluesy) BUT this can be tricky, if you like to sound blues work on it, but if you don't is very good; The bluesy vibratos and bends are more loose and intense and the same time, i don't know how to explain it exactly biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 24 2010, 04:43 AM
Instructor
You already got some good advices here. Passing mark from me smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 25 2010, 07:17 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I am also missing the SVR feel a bit, but you still played that one well, 8 from me

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 27 2010, 06:53 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.2 on this attempt man, well done! (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:16 PM