> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8.75, Pass) Take 2: Funk Lesson - Saraceno Style, Lesson By Jose Lassaga
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

coffeeman
Mar 10 2012, 10:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Funk Lesson - Saraceno Style by Jose Lassaga

Take 2. I didn't use delay on this one , and change the distortion to screamer on the Gearbox, what do you guys of the Tone?

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=43349

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 11 2012, 11:41 AM
Instructor
Yes, that was much better Senor Coffee wink.gif

It flowed so much better this time... blues licks like this can be quite difficult to get right because they often flow with no strict timing but you can also hear when they're played with hesitation or a lack of flow so it's good that you the extra time in to improve this. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2012, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Hey coffeeman! As usual you choose a very awesome blend of bluesy fusion to work with so, I shall say 8 from two reasons - 1) the lesson is difficult and you fared nicely with your take 2) the flow of the phrases in this sort of style needs to be good enough in order to contribute to the overall groove of the piece and there are hesitations here and there.

I say -> work some more and the 10 is yours biggrin.gif

cheers and congrats on a good take!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 11 2012, 07:20 PM
Instructor
Good take! I like your tone a lot! Sounds very good!
Your timing was a little bit off you started grooving and than lost it
Try to spend more time practicing with a metronome and it will sound brilliant!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 12 2012, 01:29 AM
Instructor
Great take ! Maybe to make a little more greasy tone, for my taste this one is too dry and requires highly concentrated playing.
This piece is very demanding, I would also recommend that you relax and get into groove. These small falling out of rhythm are still a result of your focusing only on the phrases and not on a feeling of the whole song. Keep rocking wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 13 2012, 12:18 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.75, good job man!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:57 PM