Practice Area For Success
DarkWaveRiffer
Mar 31 2012, 12:44 AM
GMC:er
I thought this might be a topic where people can comment on best practices for having a great place to practice.
Its something I have come to realize is one of the most important things you can do. Is pay attention to your practice area. Does it help you, or hinder you. I would really like to get into optimal set ups.

Some elements I think are important
1. Your guitar to your hands, and playing should be in less than 30 seconds. The faster the better. Its great if your guitar is out, and visible at all times.
2. Your space should be clean, and puts you in a good mood.
3. Access to play along with music. I use my laptop to play along with.
4. Recording yourself should be integrated into your set up. Its important to utilize gmc for feedback audio recording is good, but video is better. Also its very inspiring to come up with some cool riff that you want to remember. Also recording yourself all the time is a good way to get conditioned to play under pressure.
5. Music stand - This is great for printing out material to practice to. I have a nice wooden one, very solid.
6.This is not so much as set up, but know how, it can be frustrating finding the right tone to play along with a song, or lesson. I am still looking for something that will help me with copying a tone, or atleast come close to it.
7. Atmosphere - Your environment should be inspirational, and make you want to pick up a guitar every chance you get.

I think once you have your practice area as best as you can, learning can be more enjoyable. Before I started practicing along with videos, and audio. Practice was a bit boring, and it was very hard to tell if I was doing it right, or in tempo. When I follow a video, or audio recording, I get instant feedback. This has also helped me to make adjustments on the fly to improve faster.

Also interested in how people use their computers with practicing guitar, and what kind of programs they use to aid in their practice.

Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title: Air Guitarist

Guitarist Title thread

DWR's EPIC Practice Journal l

DarkWaveRiffer's Modern Music Mentored By Cosmin Thread

Lead Mastery Mentored by Gab

Attacking Scales Mentored By Alex Thread

Want to know how to practice for success?? Click here!!

Are you sabotaging your practice? Click here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- DarkWaveRiffer   Practice Area For Success   Mar 31 2012, 12:44 AM
- - SpaseMoonkey   QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Mar 30 2012, 07:4...   Mar 31 2012, 01:44 AM
- - Todd Simpson   Some really good tips! There is another thread...   Mar 31 2012, 01:59 AM
- - derper   Great setup Todd!! Do you play guitar sit...   Mar 31 2012, 05:35 AM
- - Dieterle   Hallo, this is my little private Paradies on this ...   Mar 31 2012, 07:05 AM
- - DarkWaveRiffer   Everyone has a nice set up, the key elements guita...   Apr 2 2012, 08:11 AM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Don't have a pic right now (will take one soon...   Apr 2 2012, 08:51 PM
- - SirJamsalot   Mood lights and lots of flowwy things like drapes....   Apr 3 2012, 01:34 AM
|- - DarkWaveRiffer   QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 2 2012, 07:34 PM...   Apr 3 2012, 02:53 AM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 3 2012, 12:34 AM...   Apr 3 2012, 03:01 PM
nnn
- - rocko   Before that topic here I never really thought abou...   Apr 3 2012, 05:41 AM
- - DarkWaveRiffer   It play a huge part in your success. I have troubl...   Apr 3 2012, 05:49 AM
|- - rocko   QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Apr 3 2012, 06:49...   Apr 12 2012, 11:45 AM
nnn
- - Alex Feather   QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Mar 30 2012, 11:4...   Apr 5 2012, 03:17 AM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Mar 30 2012, 08:4...   Apr 5 2012, 06:50 PM
- - DarkWaveRiffer   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 5 2012, 12...   Apr 6 2012, 02:54 AM
- - DarkWaveRiffer   Nice Rocko! It looks like my practice area. I ...   Apr 12 2012, 01:55 PM
- - rocko   Oh it's really cool. I wonder why that didn...   Apr 12 2012, 04:47 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:46 AM