High Risk Collaboration !
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 27 2011, 07:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (TylerT @ Jun 27 2011, 04:16 AM) *

Theres my take ill send the files soon!

i smell some under the glass moon style here! good job

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 28 2011, 12:35 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Here is my take smile.gif I had a lot of fun on this particular backing track, I even got blisters on two of my fingers from playing around with it so much.

Files will be sent soon!

EDIT

Also, the video I am sending you won't have all that intro stuff on it (thats just for my channel).

EDIT EDIT

Files I uploaded are in .wav, force of habit. Do you prefer them in MP3?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  High_Risk_Collab__Solo_Only_.wav ( 19.78MB ) Number of downloads: 89
Attached File  High_Risk_Collab.wav ( 19.78MB ) Number of downloads: 89

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2011, 01:24 AM
I've finally gotten a chance to start working with this track and let me say I LOVE it. It's one of the best written tracks, especially for solo work that I"ve ever come across. The song construction is really, really good. Dynamics, tonal balance, modal parity, phrasing. Nice work Ben! I hope I get the chance to Collab with you on an entire track at some point! For now, I"m thrilled to put a solo on this.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2011, 05:40 AM
I went WAAAAAY Over the top on this one smile.gif It was fun. Dualing speed picking intro, dualing harmony mid section, then crazy guitar/synthetic thing at the end. I played around a ton with Guitar Rig 4 and threw all manner of FX on this. It was amazingly fun. And just KILLER to solo over.

Video to Follow!

Attached File  ToddWithBacking.mp3 ( 3.01MB ) Number of downloads: 147

Attached File  ToddWithoutBacking.mp3 ( 3.01MB ) Number of downloads: 120

Todd

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 28 2011, 08:20 AM
Ha, that was freaking awesome. I gotta know, is that last bit done all one GR4? Cause that is one awesome sound man.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2011, 08:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 28 2011, 12:35 AM) *
Here is my take smile.gif I had a lot of fun on this particular backing track, I even got blisters on two of my fingers from playing around with it so much.

Files I uploaded are in .wav, force of habit. Do you prefer them in MP3?

Kick ass ! Really glad you liked playing around with it so much that it even gave you blisters !! biggrin.gif Yes, wavs are fine, thanks !! cool.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 28 2011, 05:40 AM) *
I went WAAAAAY Over the top on this one smile.gif It was fun. Dualing speed picking intro, dualing harmony mid section, then crazy guitar/synthetic thing at the end. I played around a ton with Guitar Rig 4 and threw all manner of FX on this. It was amazingly fun. And just KILLER to solo over.

Video to Follow!

Todd

OMG ! Racer X and MAB have come to play !!!! ohmy.gif I love it.. and I'm digging the tones.. especially the first.. when that first lick kicks in it's killer !! cool.gif

I look forward to thy video biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 28 2011, 04:36 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
My humble take...

Attached File  zerisk5.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 114

Attached File  zerisk_without.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 110

Video download link: https://rapidshare.com/files/3320610864/riska.wmv

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Jun 28 2011, 04:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2011, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jun 28 2011, 04:36 PM) *
My humble take...

Attached File  zerisk5.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 114

Attached File  zerisk_without.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 110

Video download link: https://rapidshare.com/files/3320610864/riska.wmv

Marek, that rocks ass ! cool.gif

I noticed your beard is longer than usual.. just how long did you spend out in the country ? biggrin.gif Did you kill any stray bandits that dared to cross your path ? ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 28 2011, 06:42 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Thanks for the kind words Ben! There was no bandit killing unfortunately. Surely they hid after hearing of my arrival tongue.gif But I spent some time at nearby castle ruins, sailed on a canoe and sang by the campfire at night - should do such stuff more often for sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2011, 06:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jun 28 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Thanks for the kind words Ben! There was no bandit killing unfortunately. Surely they hid after hearing of my arrival tongue.gif But I spent some time at nearby castle ruins, sailed on a canoe and sang by the campfire at night - should do such stuff more often for sure.

Yes, I'm not surprsied if they hid. It's the sensible thing to do when Marek The Mighty is wandering the land. biggrin.gif

Castle ruins, campfires, canoes...? Sounds pretty good to me...... smile.gif

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jun 29 2011, 07:31 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Here should be a working link to my video as well: https://rapidshare.com/files/3737223919/mhs...risk_collab.m4v

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 1 2011, 08:36 PM
Here is my Vid for the take smile.gif It turned out pretty well! Played the solo over and over, shot it, then layered the takes in.
With Ben's permission, we are going to use this backing track in our lesson this Saturday for Video Chat and break down some of these licks.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 1 2011, 11:09 PM
Thats so cool its unfair laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2011, 12:00 AM

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 1 2011, 05:09 PM) *
Thats so cool its unfair laugh.gif

Thanks smile.gif It's a really simple technique. Shoot yourself doing your solo. Then shoot yourself again. Bring both videos in to whatever you are using and turn the opacity of the first one down to 75 percent or so. That way you can see through it a bit. You can add as many layers as you like. I"m hoping this inspires folks to push themselves in terms of their video technique. Just like guitar, it's all about repetition and practice.

Can't wait to see how the finals turn out!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 2 2011, 03:27 AM
the video is awesome as well, i meant the solo was just that cool. the effect at the end is great.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2011, 03:35 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 1 2011, 09:27 PM) *
the video is awesome as well, i meant the solo was just that cool. the effect at the end is great.

Thanks again smile.gif The solo is actually done with a similar technique. I double the parts in spots and sometimes play the same thing then play different things and pan it right and left so it creates stereo effects. The effect at the end is a Guitar Rig Patch called Shimmer Delay that I tweaked a bit. I'll post all the guitar rig patches in case anyone wants to try them out. The last solo is only oneguitar and it didn't pop enough so found that patch and it sounded almost like a keyboard backing the guitar. All of the solos are guitar rig so no Amplifiers or Speaker Cabs were injured during the making of this Collab smile.gif

We are going to break down these licks in the Video Chat Lesson so stop by if you can!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 2 2011, 08:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 1 2011, 08:36 PM) *
Here is my Vid for the take smile.gif It turned out pretty well! Played the solo over and over, shot it, then layered the takes in.
With Ben's permission, we are going to use this backing track in our lesson this Saturday for Video Chat and break down some of these licks.

Todd this is brutal !! You already know I love the solo so great job on the video ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
zen
Jul 2 2011, 02:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker

I'll send the file asap.

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jul 2 2011, 03:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That was awesome zen!

QUOTE (zen @ Jul 2 2011, 09:08 AM) *

I'll send the file asap.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 2 2011, 08:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ Jul 2 2011, 02:08 PM) *

I'll send the file asap.

That kicks maximum ass, Zen ! Your attack, phrasing and approach is incredibly strong and positive. Great melodic phrases that could be a central theme to the tune and I love your vibrato.. biggrin.gif

Guys, I can't stress enough how incredible your entries have all been. I'm not going to want to cut anything out of the takes at all so it's going to be hard not to end up with a 10 minute guitar intrumental !! laugh.gif

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the deadline so if you still want to get on this collab you've got all of tomorrow and then that's it ! smile.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:04 PM