150 Albums In 2 Years
Mertay
Aug 6 2015, 10:40 PM
GMC:er
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/genera...dio_albums.html

My question, why? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 6 2015, 11:17 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I haven't been following his work but this is amazing in its own sense isn't it? smile.gif
If he feels inspired, then why not put out music? I do feel he is going for something unconventional or some kind of record. It is amazing, the sheer amount of material - when does he get to record and compose it all?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 7 2015, 12:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
If it pays the bills ! ?

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 7 2015, 01:32 AM
I also never followed him and didn't listen much either although considered him very skilled.

What if this is his only option?

He wears a mask and there are very few photos of him. He builds a career, gave lots of concerts and even has a sig. guitar from Gibson...he can be the next slash and earn huge bucks from pop stars. Then one day decides not to get out of his house much considering the time needed to compose so much music today.

I'm guessing its asocial personality. Hard to deal with if a guitar based career is wanted. Don't get me wrong as I'm actually commenting (hopefully) he's probably living the life he always wanted, not all of us want to give concerts although loving to play guitar.

But its just a guess. There is a bandcamp link of all his music, first songs of every album can be listened. I'll check them later on as I'm more curious about his musical patterns, style of patterns that helps produce such time/number of songs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 7 2015, 01:30 PM
Instructor
This is curious. I think that if we would compose instead of practice we could release a lot of music and that's what he seems to be doing. Instead of practicing every day, he composes every day. And he must have a set up that allows him to compose and record at the same time so he doesn't have to re-record everything at a studio.

I haven't heard his latest albums but I'm curious to know what he has been doing the last years... I noticed that everything is at Spotify so I'll check it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 7 2015, 03:01 PM
Side note; I know this guy who is a founder of a Turkish guitar forum.

Although he has a day job, he also has amazing knowledge on guitar tech. Manages a forum, created a wiki sort of thing (in the forum) on guitars and guitar parts, demo's gear on youtube and sometimes plays in a bar just for fun...

But he also records on backing tracks regularly, at least 1 sometimes 3 every week for the past few years. Strictly blues and though not the most amazing player, in the 3 years I checked his uploads and the progression was very inspiring.

Considering this, I'd guess some students might like the idea of this approach adopted with their regular program here. I know there are students here that actually doesn't need a collab. to musically fill a typical backing track length of music.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2015, 07:54 PM
BINGO!! That's sort of what he does. He really does a LOT of jamming over a backing beat. He then records that in chunks and calls them songs. Not to say he isn't talented, he's AMAZING, beyond AMAZING actually.

And it's a clever way of maximizing your practice time. Put together a backing quickly, and solo your brains out over it and record it. I'm not knocking him at all. It's just his way of moving forward as a musician and it's working well for him smile.gif

I do wish that he would spend a bit more time on song structure. Some of his songs are wonderful works of thematic structure, but many others are him sorta noodling away and being impressive. I really prefer the thematic structured bits. But that's just me smile.gif

Most of his releases are pretty small as well. Some of them were literally burned on to blank CDs by him and marked with a sharpie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Search_of_The

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 7 2015, 08:30 AM) *
This is curious. I think that if we would compose instead of practice we could release a lot of music and that's what he seems to be doing. Instead of practicing every day, he composes every day. And he must have a set up that allows him to compose and record at the same time so he doesn't have to re-record everything at a studio.

I haven't heard his latest albums but I'm curious to know what he has been doing the last years... I noticed that everything is at Spotify so I'll check it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:51 AM