Chord Workshop - Boxes
tumblingdown
Oct 12 2011, 01:55 PM
GMC:er
Hi Ivan,

I'm working my way through the chord lessons. They are great.
One thing i don't understand. In lesson 2 on barre (step 4 on https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/chords...2-barre-triads)
you talk about the boxes on the fretboard, and they start at box 3 (at the nut), then 4, 5, 1, 2 working up the fretboard.

Can you explain what this is?

I've looked through all my books and on the net, and i can't seem to find an explanation (i.e. why it starts at 3).

Can you explain?

Thanks again,

Andy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 13 2011, 10:23 PM
Instructor
Thanks for asking Andy. I'm currently in the process of transferring from old to new PC, so didn't saw this message. The thing in question are CAGED boxes, there are 5 of them, and you can check them out when looking at pentatonic patterns on the fretboard.

I'll get back to you in detail about this one tomorrow, once my new system is up and running. Thanks for your patience.

Ivan

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:53 AM