Epica, Metal Of Epic Proportions.
The Uncreator
Sep 10 2007, 06:59 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Anyone else here into them? Im a huge fan of them, especially Simone Simmons, just an incredibly beautiful voice and amazing lyricists, and Mark Jansen and Ad Sluijiter are an incredible Guitar Team. If you like bands like Nightwish, After Forever, Within Temptation, or just Symphonic Metal with big orchestral arrangements, You would probably Like Epica.

Epica - Cry For The Moon
Epica - Sensorium
Epica - The Phantom Agony
Epica - Never Enough

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
SLASH91
Sep 11 2007, 05:45 AM
GMC:er
Are they similar to Rhapsody of Fire?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 11 2007, 06:21 AM
GMC:er
well they are in similar genre but different sounding band. Like GnR to Velvet Revolver different. Different musical theme. Rhapsody is more umm Middle Ages, Dragons, fairy tales, etc. I dont know Epica's musical theme though.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2007, 07:51 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Epica doesnt have a set lyrical theme, theyve done songs about medeval type stuff, and just songs about people, life experiences, so it varies alot.

I wouldnt compare them to Rhapsody Of Fire, they sound too different, but they are both Symphonic Metal bands who use big orchestral arrangements.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:31 PM