Good Tone For Vibrato
steve25
Sep 2 2008, 11:38 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys i'm using a podxt and have multiple customs patches that i've made which are ok as of yet. I like tones that really bring out vibrato. An example of a good one would be Marcus' solo patch, whenever i play through that my vibrato always sounds good and just the way i like it. But i can't seem to make a patch that i'm happy with vibrato wise. Yeah i know it comes down to playing but surely you must know what i'm talking about. A decent setup will make vibrato and stuff better so is there anything i can take into account to build on it like certain settings and stuff or is it just a matter of trying all the different amos and cabs? By the way i don't have metal shop or anything yet its all default. Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
steve25
Sep 3 2008, 12:46 PM
GMC:er
Ok perhaps i've worded it wrong smile.gif. My vibrato is ok its improving still which is good but its a hell of a lot better than it was. I think yes the sustain of it but also the overall sound. Yes muris has good vibrato and his tone suits him. But i wouldn't personally use his tone because, well perhaps its the settings or something but sometimes it sounds like its missing something when he does vibrato. You can hear that it sounds good but everyone has their own sound that they want to hear and the only thing that i've found so far is Marcus' patch. Its difficult to explain the sound i can hear in my head without actually showing you or playing to you. It might be something as simple as the settings on the amp, certain settings on the pedals or the cab thats used who knows. Yes my vibrato sounds fine on a clean setting but to be honest when i hear anyone vibrato on a clean setting it doesn't sound all that exciting i guess everyone has their own taste

Marcus - cheers buddy but there will come a stage when i get into writing and recording that i'll have to make my own because otherwise, well to be honest its going to be a bit like stealing isn't it smile.gif

Noangels - Hey thats cool smile.gif well i live in melksham so its a bit far for me to get to at the moment but when i can drive i'll be sure to give you a visit smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 3 2008, 08:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (steve25 @ Sep 3 2008, 01:46 PM) *
Ok perhaps i've worded it wrong smile.gif. My vibrato is ok its improving still which is good but its a hell of a lot better than it was. I think yes the sustain of it but also the overall sound. Yes muris has good vibrato and his tone suits him. But i wouldn't personally use his tone because, well perhaps its the settings or something but sometimes it sounds like its missing something when he does vibrato. You can hear that it sounds good but everyone has their own sound that they want to hear and the only thing that i've found so far is Marcus' patch. Its difficult to explain the sound i can hear in my head without actually showing you or playing to you. It might be something as simple as the settings on the amp, certain settings on the pedals or the cab thats used who knows. Yes my vibrato sounds fine on a clean setting but to be honest when i hear anyone vibrato on a clean setting it doesn't sound all that exciting i guess everyone has their own taste

Don't worry vibrato control will come in time. Vibrato is not all about getting it wide, strong and precise. You have to develop a feel for the vibrato, so it sounds natural to you to play it. Don't know how to explain it, but it certainly has nothing to do with patch settings. Vibrato is a vibrato, it makes no difference wheter you play it in front of a JCM800 stack or on a non-plugged guitar. What is important is your feel of the vibrato, you execute it, with a feel, and with a hand totally relaxed, and it will sound natural.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:42 AM