Can't Find Time For Wiki :(, my apology!
Smikey2006
Sep 23 2008, 06:09 AM
GMC:er
hey guys

Ive been wearing the Wiki- Writers badge for a while now and im afraid id like to give it back. I cannot use the excuse of not enough time anymore as ive found plenty of time for other things. I just can't seem to find the motivation to finish articles for the Wiki and therefore feel as though i am recieveing credit for out-dated contributions. To Andrew, Fran, Canis and the others who have been working so hard on the Wiki i apologize and will hopefully gain my spirits back and be able to write more Wiki articles in the future. Thanks for working so hard and giving the members of GMC reading material smile.gif

Apologies and Thanks
Mike

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 23 2008, 08:50 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hi Smikey!

First of all thanks a ton for all your past contributions, they are great and we appeciate them!
And second, I think you are being a bit too harsh on yourself!, don't take it so serious, you don't need to apologize, you do what you can, and that is enough.

I believe you might be setting your goals too high. There are many things you can do to help with the wiki, some of them take as little as 10 minutes, and that's better than nothing.

I know you've been working on several brand new quality articles, and you might have set the bar too high. Why don't you just convert a simple WCP entry instead? Or just choose some of the simple suggested entries from this thread? Those are quite fast to create, a simple yet effective entry is better than no entry at all!

Sometimes we feel like we need to create long, complicated articles, and truth is we need short informative entries too, because many things are missing. As little as half an hour per month can produce 3 simple suggested entries or WCP entries, And that's better than nothing, and much needed.

So please give it a second thought, and if you still decide to give the wiki a break remember that we are always here and the doors are open for you wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 23 2008, 11:40 AM
Instructor
Don't worry man, just take your time, and set your goals less, like Fran suggested. Rome wasn't built in a day right? So we are all participating in the Wiki project, and in a couple of months it will produce some results, just by adding some articles here and there. You are not alone in the Wiki, we are all here to help, so try to save some time, like 10-15minutes per or even week, and do one article. It may not look much, but it would sure mean a lot in a long run, as we fill in our database with info. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:35 AM