Strumming help?, Any place to help strumming.
Serpentine
Feb 26 2007, 01:28 AM
GMC:er
Hey All,

I'm only a few days old on this site, so pardon me if this is dumb. But I have an Acoustic/Electric Fender, and I am seem to just kinda suck with strumming patterns, and i'm looking for some help. I've hit the search button quite a few times, and I havn't found a video lesson to help either.

I've found all sorts of practices for fingering, bending, hammering,.... but nothing for strumming patterns.

Right now i'm trying to get two songs down. Pink Floyd's - Mother, and Indigo Girls - Closer To Fine.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any advice. Feel free to IM me on AIM (serpentine ocean).

Thanks All.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I felt like putting a bullet through the head of every panda that refused to screw to save it's species"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Guitar1969
Feb 28 2007, 12:45 AM
QUOTE (Serpentine @ Feb 25 2007, 04:28 PM) *
Hey All,

I'm only a few days old on this site, so pardon me if this is dumb. But I have an Acoustic/Electric Fender, and I am seem to just kinda suck with strumming patterns, and i'm looking for some help. I've hit the search button quite a few times, and I havn't found a video lesson to help either.

I've found all sorts of practices for fingering, bending, hammering,.... but nothing for strumming patterns.

Right now i'm trying to get two songs down. Pink Floyd's - Mother, and Indigo Girls - Closer To Fine.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any advice. Feel free to IM me on AIM (serpentine ocean).

Thanks All.

You're not alone Serpentine. I have been on GMC for a few months and altohugh the lessons are great, I feel I am missing it due to not having a strong foundation in Strumming(I can get by but I want to learn those funk strum styles that are sometimes used in rock), so I have actually taken a step back and am working on strumming these days. I too have not found a great web source for strumming but I just bought Kris' Quick Start Guide DVD(freelicks.net)which claims to have a lot on strumming stuff so we will see. Unfortunately the drawback on learning on your own is you haver no one watching over to make sure you learn things in the proper order to make it easier.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Serpentine
Mar 2 2007, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Feb 28 2007, 12:45 AM) *
You're not alone Serpentine. I have been on GMC for a few months and altohugh the lessons are great, I feel I am missing it due to not having a strong foundation in Strumming(I can get by but I want to learn those funk strum styles that are sometimes used in rock), so I have actually taken a step back and am working on strumming these days. I too have not found a great web source for strumming but I just bought Kris' Quick Start Guide DVD(freelicks.net)which claims to have a lot on strumming stuff so we will see. Unfortunately the drawback on learning on your own is you haver no one watching over to make sure you learn things in the proper order to make it easier.

Yea, if it's really helpfull, see if you can dig up this post and let me know :-P

--------------------
"I felt like putting a bullet through the head of every panda that refused to screw to save it's species"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:40 PM