> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Vain Glory Collab
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2012, 03:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stinger @ Jul 4 2012, 09:27 AM) *
Here's my shot. It's far from perfect but could be worse for the short amount of time I had wink.gif

[attachment=28065:Vain_Glo..._Stinger.mp3]

Thanks for your take mate! Please post here a file that only includes your guitar solo (without the backing).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 4 2012, 05:21 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey Gab, Here is my take. I wanted to spend a little more time on a couple parts to get cleaner but I am short of time for now. smile.gif

The second file is the one without backing.

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/glory-collab

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/glory-collab-1

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2012, 05:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 4 2012, 01:21 PM) *
Hey Gab, Here is my take. I wanted to spend a little more time on a couple parts to get cleaner but I am short of time for now. smile.gif

The second file is the one without backing.

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/glory-collab

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/glory-collab-1

Thanks for your take mate!! I'll give you feedback with the final mix. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 4 2012, 08:40 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I guess you all remember the old saying "the collab isn't over until the german guy uploaded his take" ??

Well, here it is laugh.gif

Christian

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Vain_Glory_collab_wbt.mp3 ( 2.6MB ) Number of downloads: 97
Attached File  Vain_Glory_collab_nbt.mp3 ( 2.56MB ) Number of downloads: 103

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 4 2012, 08:54 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
LOL biggrin.gif The German did it again tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2012, 08:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 4 2012, 04:40 PM) *
I guess you all remember the old saying "the collab isn't over until the german guy uploaded his take" ??

Well, here it is laugh.gif

Christian

hahaha yeah! that's the saying that always make sense in my collabs, thanks mate, now I can start mixing. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Stinger
Jul 5 2012, 12:17 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 4 2012, 04:11 PM) *
Thanks for your take mate! Please post here a file that only includes your guitar solo (without the backing).

Hi Gab,

here it is:
Attached File  only_guitar.mp3 ( 1.57MB ) Number of downloads: 114

--------------------
"Just because you know umpteen billion scales, it doesn't mean you have to use them all in a solo." - Kirk Hammett

My gear:
ESP SV Standard WH
Marshall VS 232 R 2x30W Combo
BOSS GT-8

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2012, 06:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stinger @ Jul 4 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Hi Gab,

here it is:
Attached File  only_guitar.mp3 ( 1.57MB ) Number of downloads: 114

Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2012, 06:27 AM
Instructor
Hello guys! This is the final mix and comments for this cool collaboration based on a power metal backing track inspired by the German band Edguy. I really like the final result of this one. Thanks to the participants of this one. I enjoyed mixing this track.

Here you can donwload the mix: Attached File  Vain_Glory_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 5.81MB ) Number of downloads: 174

And here we go with some comments.

DeGroot:
There first things that comes to mind when I hear your solo is “what a cool tone!”, then I also realize that everythng that you play sound with a nice feeling and with prefect technique. I can feel a Friedman influence in your soloing and that makes your phrasing so interesting. The backing is long and you created different sections with different ideas that fit great over each part. I like a lot the last part which is the more rocker, but it’s the only part that would need some little timing adjustment. Besides that your solo is fantastic, well done!

Gitarrero:
Hi GG (German Guy tongue.gif)! Thanks for appearing to allow me finishing this collab. smile.gif
Your solo has some cool parts where the melodies are interesting and some other parts that could be more interesting if you work a bit more in your composition. Everything sound in tune and excepting some timing issues, all the licks are played well. It’s an ok take, but I know that with some more work you could do something more memorable over this backing. Thanks for joining!

Stinger:
Hi mate, your solo seem to be an improvisation that doesn’t have a clear direction. I think that your should work a bit more on the overal idea, and the contrast between the different parts. Try to create melodies with your voice first and then transposing them to your guitar. This will make you create more melodic phrases. Regarding your technique, I think that you have to work on bending because there are some of them out of pitch. That’s all! Thanks for your take.

Wee Pee:
Hi friend! The first thing that I note when your solo starts is that your tone lacks a bit of lower frequencies, it sounds too trebly, Then I note that your phrasing sound very in the style of the track. You started with that epic melody, then your created some contrast in the bridge with some fresh ideas and finally you played some dramatic licks over the chorus. The evolution and composition of your solo are very good! Thanks for this take, keep on rocking.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jul 9 2012, 06:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
Sounds great. Good job, guys!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 9 2012, 01:30 PM
Tone Seeker
All right ! Nice one guys ! And thanks for the comments Gabe smile.gif

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Jul 9 2012, 08:37 AM) *
Sounds great. Good job, guys!

Your "take" was good too !!

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 9 2012, 01:30 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2012, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 9 2012, 09:30 AM) *
All right ! Nice one guys ! And thanks for the comments Gabe smile.gif

No problem mate! It's been very cool to work on this one! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 10 2012, 03:30 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
This collab sounded real good! I almost thought I heard "Crazy Train" for a brief moment. Maybe my ears are playing tricks on me. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2012, 05:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 9 2012, 11:30 PM) *
This collab sounded real good! I almost thought I heard "Crazy Train" for a brief moment. Maybe my ears are playing tricks on me. biggrin.gif

hahaha I don't know where you hear that but that influence is more than welcome! Thanks for joining mate! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Stinger
Jul 13 2012, 11:21 AM
GMC:er
Thank you very much for your comments. The final mix sounds great! smile.gif

--------------------
"Just because you know umpteen billion scales, it doesn't mean you have to use them all in a solo." - Kirk Hammett

My gear:
ESP SV Standard WH
Marshall VS 232 R 2x30W Combo
BOSS GT-8

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2012, 01:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stinger @ Jul 13 2012, 07:21 AM) *
Thank you very much for your comments. The final mix sounds great! smile.gif

Thank you for joining mate! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jul 13 2012, 03:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 9 <a class=) *
Your "take" was good too !!

Thanks, man! smile.gif

We have heard so many good collab takes lately. I guess people are getting better, playing-wise but also when it comes to recording and other "administrative" stuff around the playing. Plus we are pushing each other, too I guess (just look at the Bushido madness biggrin.gif).

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2012, 03:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Jul 13 2012, 11:03 AM) *
Thanks, man! smile.gif

We have heard so many good collab takes lately. I guess people are getting better, playing-wise but also when it comes to recording and other "administrative" stuff around the playing. Plus we are pushing each other, too I guess (just look at the Bushido madness biggrin.gif).

Great point mate. This is so true, the guitar level is good, but also the guitar tones are much better. Nowadays we are having lots of ways to emulate good guitar tones, and GMCers are using this tool in a good way. I remember the old times when I received takes with a very low quality tone. This is weird nowadays...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:55 PM