> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass, 8.8) Take 2: Open Chords Rock Rhythm, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 5

waggers
Feb 17 2012, 04:58 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Open Chords Rock Rhythm by Gabriel Leopardi

Cosmin asked me to post this again - he thinks it is better and I hope you guys agree !

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=43015

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 17 2012, 08:46 PM
Instructor
Hey Waggers ! I'll start with the critical points first.. I think the tone could be better.. if you could get a bit more gain to give you more sustain on those chords it will improve the whole thing.

I'm not sure if the guitar is out of tune again or if it's the way you're fretting the chords. Until you get really comfortable with chord changes, the tonality of the chords can often sound compromised because in some places we may be fretting too hard and pushing a string slightly sharp and in other cases we may not be fretting enough. If we have both of those cases in the same chord then it can often cause this.

In terms of your playing it's great ! Good timing, attitude and overall feel. 10 cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 17 2012, 10:46 PM
Instructor
It is much better mate! It's a good take! Your guitar is still a little out of tune and there are a few timing issues!
You got it down pretty well tho! I like it!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2012, 11:16 AM
Instructor
Hehe biggrin.gif Glad you decided to post it here wink.gif we already discussed about it so I am looking forward to see what you'll cook up with the blues solo biggrin.gif great work my friend! And most definitely better than the previous take!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2012, 09:04 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This take is better that the previous one! The most notorious thing is that your chord changes are smoother now. So well done!
The guitar still has some tuning issues in the higher strings, it's better than in the first version but it's still a bit off. Check that! Maybe the strings need to be changed or the guitar calibrated. Keep on working hard! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 19 2012, 11:03 PM
Instructor
I like it more than the first attempt, but you still have the problem with tuning happy.gif . The sound is much better. The timing is good, but could be better, it's just a question of exercise smile.gif ! Good work, keep practicing !

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 24 2012, 05:51 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.8!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:19 AM