Metronome Lesson
Axl
Aug 13 2011, 03:13 AM
GMC:er
Hi Bodgan I'm still a beginner bass player and I want to ask if do you have some lesson about how to play with metronome?

Greetings from México.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 13 2011, 03:19 AM
io i am not sexy as Bodgan, i know, i know.
but check this - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/how-to-use-a-metronome/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 14 2011, 11:43 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Axl @ Aug 13 2011, 04:13 AM) *
Hi Bodgan I'm still a beginner bass player and I want to ask if do you have some lesson about how to play with metronome?

Greetings from México.

Hi Axl,

I have this lesson that covers note values and how to play them against a metronome beat :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bass_F...ps_Note_Values/

Please let me know about your bass playing progress.

/Bogdan

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Axl
Aug 14 2011, 04:56 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 14 2011, 10:43 AM) *
Hi Axl,

I have this lesson that covers note values and how to play them against a metronome beat :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bass_F...ps_Note_Values/

Please let me know about your bass playing progress.

/Bogdan

Well I got my bass about 3months ago and I started to play It immediately and everyday, I have never played a bass before so it's a brand-new and fantastic world for me. I started following lessons within youtube way but the progress is quite slow, and now I'm progressing so much because of your lessons, I'm not able to play a complete track yet, but I'm developing a good technique and my fingers are more skylfull everyday.

I just have one problem, I guess the strings of my fender 60's jazz bass are too high with reference to the neck of the bass so I have to press very strongly each string, does it is common?

Thank you in advice buddies smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 14 2011, 05:03 PM
QUOTE (Axl @ Aug 14 2011, 05:56 PM) *
Well I got my bass about 3months ago and I started to play It immediately and everyday, I have never played a bass before so it's a brand-new and fantastic world for me. I started following lessons within youtube way but the progress is quite slow, and now I'm progressing so much because of your lessons, I'm not able to play a complete track yet, but I'm developing a good technique and my fingers are more skylfull everyday.

I just have one problem, I guess the strings of my fender 60's jazz bass are too high with reference to the neck of the bass so I have to press very strongly each string, does it is common?

Thank you in advice buddies smile.gif

Yes - basses have much higher action then guitars. It's pretty common to have high action on bass - but it depends, how high is it?
You can measure it over the 12th fret. Try lowering the strings action at the bridge (by lowering saddles).

Please let me know if you need any help with my lessons. I would suggest starting with "Bass first steps" series as they cover a lot of stuff even more experienced players skip/forget.

Enjoy playing bass - it is an awesome instrument! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Axl
Aug 14 2011, 05:46 PM
Thanx alot Bodgan I just started "Bass first steps" series already biggrin.gif.. I will post my progresses at the end of the month. One of my main challenges is to play can't stop from RHCP, I've seen your cover also smile.gif

Axl.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 14 2011, 08:47 PM
QUOTE (Axl @ Aug 14 2011, 06:46 PM) *
Thanx alot Bodgan I just started "Bass first steps" series already biggrin.gif.. I will post my progresses at the end of the month. One of my main challenges is to play can't stop from RHCP, I've seen your cover also smile.gif

Axl.

Awesome - please keep me updated on the progress. I'll be here to answer any questions you might have and to recommend new lessons.

If you want play Can't Stop - you can start working on slap right away.
This lesson is good for defining basic slap technique : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Start_Slapping_Now/

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:15 AM