Bigsby Lesson, Idea for Lesson
stratman79
Nov 14 2009, 06:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi

Im new to GMC I don't know who is best to ask for this lesson but as you where near the top of the list I though i would ask you wink.gif

Is there any chance of putting together a lesson on techniques and how to get the best out of a bigsby trem.

There arre a few lessons on Floyd rose's but nothing on bigsby's

Many thanks

KIeran

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 17 2009, 04:46 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi Kieran - I'm afraid I don't have a guitar with a Bigsby so I can;t help you - but I would suggest you post the same request on the main forum and see if any of the other instructors are able to help.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 17 2009, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
TBH I don't think a Bigsby would warrant a lesson, firstly you will only be able to drop the pitch by 2 (maybe 2 1/2 tones) and raise it by a whole tone if you're lucky. Any extreme use will result in de-tuning on a massive scale. These units are really only meant to be used to 'warble' notes (think Hank Marvin). Check out Brian Setzer for the proper use of a Bigsby. Also, find some clips of Neil Young and Crazy Horse to see him abuse a Bigsby equipped Gibson SG and see how quickly that thing drops out of tune!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 17 2009, 06:40 PM
GMC:er
Neil Young is cool!
With a black beauty with bigsby.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:37 PM