2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Father Christmas Came Early This Year..., A new shredder machine inside...
mhskeide
Dec 16 2009, 01:19 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (ztevie @ Dec 15 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Yeah, can't beat the feeling of opening hard square packages, haha...
Also the excitement of what waits inside that box when buying from unknown people you paid in advance. Is it really a mint guitar, or is it a box full of bricks and chopped wood? dry.gif

Which is way eBay married PayPal isn`t it smile.gif ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ztevie
Dec 16 2009, 01:32 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Dec 16 2009, 01:19 AM) *
Which is way eBay married PayPal isn`t it smile.gif ?

Yep!
But I didn't buy it through Ebay. We used Paypal though, which may give some sort of protection, or at least I would have a chance to make Paypal take away his account or something like that. Hard to win a word against word case, I guess...

Most people are honest though, here in sweden I made many deals simply by getting the sellers bank account number, transfered money to them, and they send me the stuff. Also sold myself this way..
Never been cheated, knock on wood...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
carpathian Etude
Dec 17 2009, 02:05 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ztevie @ Dec 15 2009, 12:29 PM) *
So I got a new addition to my small collection of geetars today.

Packed well enough:

Dude awesome, I have a guitar world magazine with AV advertising one of these beasts in it, cool axe, congratulations
Looks like a Peavey of some sort?

Ouch! red!? Girlie color...

A Peavey Vandenberg 2nd edition. The guy said it was mint, and I don't disagree. Not a ding or scratch, and no fretwear that I can see... Everything looks in tiptop shape, no rust on the hardware and the neck is straight as an arrow... Some pick swirls can be seen in the right light though.
Incredible shape for a 20 year old piece of wood...
Needs some polishing, and a string change. I will also swap the pots and the switch, there is some noise going on when switching, a problem my old one also got in the end.
I made a mistake seeling a black 1st edition a few years ago, so I've been looking for another one since.

There's a Full Shred in the bridge but the guy also sent the stock pup. I will try a few other pups in there to find the optimal tone, but other than that, this is a plug and play shredder machine!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:52 PM