Wich Strat For Blues?
JunkII
Oct 9 2008, 08:39 AM
GMC:er
i'm going to buy a new guitar pretty soon, an expensive one that i'm going to have for the next 10-20 years (maybe longer), so i need a nice guitar!
i've been thinking about buying a fender stratocaster, i like the blues (metal can also be nice from time to time smile.gif) and i wonderet wich stratocaster i should buy to get the best sound o:
i've been looking at models like a '57 vintage hot rod or a '62 vintage hot rod

link for the '57 hot rod:
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0100132809

link for the '62 hot rod:
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0100140846

i do not understand the derict differences between the 2 of them, the description of the pickups for example o:

if anyone find other guitars that they can recommand i'll gladly listen smile.gif
i'm willing to pay around 15.000 danish kroner. its a little more then 2500 dollars smile.gif

hope to here from all of you! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Noangels
Oct 9 2008, 02:53 PM
Any standard amercian strat and beyond can be a blues tone machine

I bought a Roadhouse around about 98/99 and it came with the Texas Specials fully loaded.Realy great tone
machine with its maple board.Mind you I dont play the blues tones and I am geared to Rock/Metal but sticking
a JBjnr in the bridge made it scream and the neck Texas sounds superb too in that genre

Strats can easily hold their own in any style of music and any maker out there-and there cheap too!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 9 2008, 03:01 PM
QUOTE (Noangels @ Oct 9 2008, 03:53 PM) *
Any standard amercian strat and beyond can be a blues tone machine

I bought a Roadhouse around about 98/99 and it came with the Texas Specials fully loaded.Realy great tone
machine with its maple board.Mind you I dont play the blues tones and I am geared to Rock/Metal but sticking
a JBjnr in the bridge made it scream and the neck Texas sounds superb too in that genre

Strats can easily hold their own in any style of music and any maker out there-and there cheap too!

HEY ! DUDE!! I bought mine in 2008 but its new old stock! Serial number says its from 1997/1998!!!! WITH TEXAS SPECIALS TOO!!!! I play blues and rock/metal too...

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:59 PM