Gear Talk
Alex Feather
Apr 15 2012, 05:54 PM
Instructor
Hi guys I have decided to start a new activity! In this thread I will be talking about gear, cables, pickups , guitars etc.
If you have any questions or just need an advice you can always ask me! I will do a research for you and will share my experience!
I have 14 years of it smile.gif
I want to start with a post that was confusing for me at first and took a while to figure out!
How to connect pedals?
Attached Image
The whole chain can be broken into three simple groups:
Pre gain - Gain - Post Gain

As you can see on the picture (starting from guitar):
Pre Gain
-Utility effects - tuners, metronomes etc.
-Wah- wah/ volume pedal//envelope filters
-Harmonizers/Whammy/Pitch shifters
-compressor
Gain
-Distortions/overdrives/fuzz
Post Gain
-Chorus,Flanger,Phaser,tremolo
-Delay, Reverb, Looper

Let me know if you have any questions or need help setting your pedals!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Alex Feather
Apr 15 2012, 09:25 PM
Instructor
Ey, just saw your Gear Talk thred, awesome! biggrin.gif, I am currently building my own little pedalboard, and I need some side by side pedal cable connectors, not sure which ones I should go with, maybe you have an idea? Currently I've been looking at: http://www.thomann.de/dk/planet_waves_klin...ekte_pw047a.htm

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

The thing about side by side cables you have to get the most expensive once, the reason is you don't want to tear apart your pedalboard looking for the broken cable!
I would suggest going with Mogami they are really good and will work for a good while!
Also there is a trick how to make you cables last longer:
If it's a season change or you are on tour going through different weather it's a good idea to unplug the cables from pedals and wipe them with dry cloth or paper towel, you will prevent condensate from happening and it will help your cables live much longer!
Let me know if you have any questions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:20 PM