2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Lesson Requests, throw your ides here..
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 4 2008, 01:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Post your lessons requests here, what would you like to see in a new lesson , particular technique , style etc and I will do my best (if I can) to do such lessons.. wink.gif cool.gif

Cheers people wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 4 2008, 01:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
Maybe a fast bass fingering lesson in the style of Steve Harris from Iron Maiden, because that's where i need to improve the most.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 4 2008, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 4 2008, 01:54 PM) *
Maybe a fast bass fingering lesson in the style of Steve Harris from Iron Maiden, because that's where i need to improve the most.

Ohh yeah,we wouldn't mind some gallop,that's for sure biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 4 2008, 07:11 PM
Hmm I don't do the three finger technique but I'll try to come up with some galloping stuff in the near future wink.gif I just love Iron Maiden! wink.gif Thanks for ideas! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Jan 4 2008, 07:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 9 2008, 02:35 PM
Instructor
What about a lesson in style of Mark King (Level 42)?

I like the way he drives the bass, like in 'Lessons in love' biggrin.gif

Is it possible to do something in his style smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jan 9 2008, 09:44 PM
GMC:er
Entwhistle from The Who was a pretty crazy bass player too! biggrin.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 11 2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks people for request , keep them coming wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 21 2008, 09:01 PM
Instructor
Maybe some jazz lessons or that guy who plays with Salas smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 22 2008, 12:22 AM
Instructor
steve harris style

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 10 2008, 06:23 PM
Instructor
Some rock'n'roll lessons, or even blues accompanienment, woudl be great!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 13 2008, 02:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Bogdan,

I don't have a bass , but I find your lessons very helpful when it comes to writing songs. So Im having troubles writing the bass line for my songs , I use only one note per drum kick , and it sounds so dry, I want to make something smoother , so thats why Im requesting a typical rock song lesson , with a well worked and smooth bass. Sorry if I didnt make me clear my english sucks.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 13 2008, 03:47 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 13 2008, 02:57 PM) *
Hi Bogdan,

I don't have a bass , but I find your lessons very helpful when it comes to writing songs. So Im having troubles writing the bass line for my songs , I use only one note per drum kick , and it sounds so dry, I want to make something smoother , so thats why Im requesting a typical rock song lesson , with a well worked and smooth bass. Sorry if I didnt make me clear my english sucks.

Hello Coffeeman !! You english is very good , I understood everything you said.I already started making rock bass lesson series.First one is finished and I explained classic rock n roll licks on bass..Lesson is old school oriented all full of many good rock bass concepts , like outlining chords etc..I will try to develop it into series and explain some typical rock bass lines through time and its development.
Playing bass on beat is a good way to start, but to make things interesting you can add some notes different than the root note itself and play around the drums a little more...
Thanks for requesting man ! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Feb 13 2008, 03:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 13 2008, 03:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 13 2008, 09:47 AM) *
Hello Coffeeman !! You english is very good , I understood everything you said.I already started making rock bass lesson series.First one is finished and I explained classic rock n roll licks on bass..Lesson is old school oriented all full of many good rock bass concepts , like outlining chords etc..I will try to develop it into series and explain some typical rock bass lines through time and its development.
Playing bass on beat is a good way to start, but to make things interesting you can add some notes different than the root note itself and play around the drums a little more...
Thanks for requesting man ! smile.gif

Thanks a lot Bogdan, you rock!!!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 17 2008, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 13 2008, 03:49 PM) *
Thanks a lot Bogdan, you rock!!!

First rock lesson is live - http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-les...ck-bass-lesson/

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
Mar 23 2008, 01:10 PM
how about a Martin Mendez (Opeth) style lesson

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 23 2008, 01:42 PM
QUOTE (uberIbanez @ Mar 23 2008, 01:10 PM) *
how about a Martin Mendez (Opeth) style lesson

Thanks for request man..He is very interesting player..I would need to do some "research" in the future and try to do one wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frank
Apr 17 2008, 03:10 PM
HI Ivan I really like your lessons but you need to do some Jazz ,Fusion and more Blues lessons. I tell you why .I play with this Metal band bass using the 3 finger technique. I play songs like Hollowed be thy name from Iron Maiden, and also Metallica songs. But when the band show up in Chicago from Budapest and they was looking fore a bass player, that was the time when the realety came thrue. That was the sad moment when I find out that I wasn’t that good of a bass player. I was in the restaurant and they ask me if I want to play with them. I give a shot, I was fest all that playing rock music. Only a quarter of a song I play with them . The guitar player was playing Jazz and Fusion and Blues like Muris ,they play so clear it was hard to believe that they can play so perfect .They thank me fore a hard work been a rock bass player but they don’t wont my ass around them.

HI Bogdan I really like your lessons but you need to do some Jazz ,Fusion and more Blues lessons. I tell you why .I play with this Metal band bass using the 3 finger technique. I play songs like Hollowed be thy name from Iron Maiden, and also Metallica songs. But when the band show up in Chicago from Budapest and they was looking fore a bass player, that was the time when the realety came thrue. That was the sad moment when I find out that I wasn’t that good of a bass player. I was in the restaurant and they ask me if I want to play with them. I give a shot, I was fest all that playing rock music. Only a quarter of a song I play with them . The guitar player was playing Jazz and Fusion and Blues like Muris ,they play so clear it was hard to believe that they can play so perfect .They thank me fore a hard work been a rock bass player but they don’t wont my ass around them. I’m sorry fore Mistaking the name .

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 17 2008, 10:50 PM
You got my name no problem wink.gif
Yeah I'll get down to some more blues , and try to do some jazz , funk lessons too soon...Currently I'm on some basic bass lessons previously requested (and really in some trouble with free time)..I know what you mean..Everyone should try to play many different styles and not get stuck in just one..You can do that by just listening various music in different styles and learning to play songs you seem to like...

I'll get back to your request as soon as possible!

Thanks man! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
drprozac
May 14 2008, 02:10 AM
I would like to request some of the lessons for 5 string. I have a 5 string and need a little help figuring out how to work it.
most Guitar players don't have 7 string so a little help would be cool!!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 15 2008, 05:37 PM
QUOTE (drprozac @ May 14 2008, 03:10 AM) *
I would like to request some of the lessons for 5 string. I have a 5 string and need a little help figuring out how to work it.
most Guitar players don't have 7 string so a little help would be cool!!!

Thanks for requesting...I don't actually own a 5 string (and haven't played it much either), but all the techniques and everything is the same as on 4 string.I would suggest playing around on the 5th string, figure where each note is and everything..Also learning some songs what are played on 5 string will help to give you some ideas how you can use it....Until I buy a 5 string bass smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:45 PM