> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Rocko's Jam Box
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2012, 09:26 PM
Instructor
Hey man! This is your personal thread wink.gif in which we can discuss about your personal goals and achievements so far and of course, on how to better yourself up as a musician and guitarist. Please tell me a bit about yourself and your goals wink.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rocko
Apr 6 2012, 10:51 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Cosmin smile.gif

I'm glad to take part at your mentoring program!

I play guitar for quite a while - something about 9 years now. But for years I just played around for fun. For about 3 years I want to take it to a serious level.

So, to begin with some good facts: I think I'm pretty musical in general. I think I have a good feeling for rhythm and melodies. But unfortunately that doesn't mean that I transport this things 100% to the guitar.
The feeling I have for quite a long time is that there are so many things I want to play, but the technique is the barrier that holds me back. (especially alternate picking) This feeling caused a kind of pressure I made myself ("I HAVE TO improve my alternate picking"). And the effect was that I don't improve the technique at all - you know? :/

Another goal is that I want to write my own songs. But it's hard for me. I think I have some really good ideas for riffs and melodies, but can't turn it into a complete song. Your intro video here at gmc really inspired me. So I guess you are the right guy for that topic.

For far for the start.

Do you still have any questions?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rocko: Apr 6 2012, 10:54 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2012, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Thanks for the nice thoughts on choosing me as your mentor! I would be interested to hear/ see some of your recordings so that you would know better about where we could start smile.gif do you have any? If not, we can work together anyway, but it would help a lot, as I would know what to recommend and monitor your real progress as well!

Please let me know

Cosmin

+Quote Post
rocko
Apr 9 2012, 10:30 PM
Hey Cosmin smile.gif

I uploaded some recorded ideas:
Attached File  Idea_1.mp3 ( 379.92K ) Number of downloads: 94

Attached File  Idea_2.mp3 ( 473.8K ) Number of downloads: 89

Attached File  Idea_3.mp3 ( 1.72MB ) Number of downloads: 99

Attached File  Idea_4.mp3 ( 802.04K ) Number of downloads: 91

I also can offer you 2 videos I recorded for gmc:

Regards
Andreas

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 10 2012, 12:51 PM
Instructor
Maaaaaaaaaan biggrin.gif I love your ideas! Especially number 1 and 3! You are a very musical person indeed! Here's what I suggest:

- focus on AP (your take is pretty good - a bit unsure, but practicing diligently will make justice to your hands wink.gif)
- focus on theory and applying concepts - what knowledge do you have on theory?
- focus on developing ideas 1 and 3 biggrin.gif I want to see REAL songs out of these, I mean, hell! They're too good not to do it!

what say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
rocko
Apr 12 2012, 05:35 AM
Oh really?! I'm honored to here that from you rolleyes.gif I mean...I didn't expect that! smile.gif Okay Sir, I'll work on ideas 1 and 3! Maybe you could help me to improve my song writing abilities to fix problem I mentioned above?

And yeah, I'll focus on alternate picking. Do you think that half an hour per day of practicing especially alternate picking is enough to improve it?

My theory knowledge is pretty incomplete I think. I already took guitar lessons from 2 teachers a couple of years ago. They created a kind of base. I know that there are 7 (I guess in english called) church modes and how to apply them in general. I still know the shape of the Ionian mode. But I didn't applied that knowledge in the near past, so it kind if slipped away a bit.

Andreas

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2012, 11:59 AM
Instructor
Hey man!

glad to know you're in for this practice regimen smile.gif

Half an hour of AP per day can make wonders if done properly so, I do believe it's a good idea smile.gif now, about theory - I am running a video chat on modes and I got a lot of lesson notes on modes which are prepared and ready to be downloaded in this thread smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...80&start=80

Now for the AP I suggest starting working out with patterns such as these here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=574751

Start as slow as needed to feel you are in control smile.gif k? Do not rush or go through notes without each and everyone sounding perfect smile.gif

let me know how this feels smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
rocko
Apr 16 2012, 05:38 AM
Hey Cosmin,

unfortunately I didn't find the time to join you last video chat dry.gif unsure.gif

I'll start with the "AP-workout" today and use some of the patters you offered. I think I'll post a video of it if I memorized some of them. Am I right to use metronome from be beginning, or should I start without it?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2012, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Use the metronome to get them in your system biggrin.gif record with it and then, you can create phrases with them against some backing tracks wink.gif but until then, let's see the vids with the metronome

Cosmin

+Quote Post
rocko
May 26 2012, 08:21 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 16 2012, 12:54 PM) *
Hey man! Use the metronome to get them in your system biggrin.gif record with it and then, you can create phrases with them against some backing tracks wink.gif but until then, let's see the vids with the metronome

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin,

sorry that I didn't answer for the last couple of weeks :/ I got pretty busy at my day job. But now it seems to become a little bit smoother there.
It's not that I didn't play guitar for the last weeks - that would have been impossible wink.gif But, I didn't really worked with the practice routines for alternate picking...sorry master :/

I'll start it again this weekend - in fact today - and grab them with more discipline. That's a promise! smile.gif

regards
Andreas

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 26 2012, 08:52 AM
Instructor
Hey Andreas smile.gif no problemmo mate - I'm here when you're ready, so we can discuss on your progress with things wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:10 PM