2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Fractal Guitar Processor, Have you heard about it?
Alex Feather
Dec 16 2011, 05:10 AM
Instructor
Check this thing out! I know a lot of musicians who is using it live and for the studio recordings but I have never tried it myself
Reviews are great but still not 100% convinced anybody here tried it or maybe own one of those?
http://www.fractalaudio.com/
They are kinda pricy and I don't wanna spend so much money and be disappointed!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 16 2011, 05:13 AM
Instructor
i think you should read this page my friend:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/artists.php

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 16 2011, 06:37 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I have one and it rocks! If you are not satisfied, you can always sell it for more than you bought. biggrin.gif Some are selling for 3300 USDs smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 16 2011, 07:09 AM
Learning Roadie
I have the Ultra not the Axe Fx II and the thing is a beast, the programming gets as deep as you want, so overwhelming for some or a tweakers dream, apparently the AFII is easier to dial in.

I've used a set of presets made by a guy called Yek, and with minimal tweaking of stuff I have a great versatile set up.

The effects are of Eventide standard and I would say no one else has come close to the amp modelling yet, great to go straight into front of house and monitors.

For High Gain stuff check out samhillband on youtube, the guitarist Mark Day puts up a lot of great vids.

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Dec 16 2011, 07:15 AM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 16 2011, 12:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
It is definitely my favourite piece of gear. I can't imagine it letting you down smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 16 2011, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Oh wow of I will definitely consider it now ! Right now I'm using Avalon preamp and a real guitar amp but it gets really complicated whit the neighbors so I'm trying to find a good replacement so I don't have to bother anyone!

+Quote Post
JekyllShred
Dec 16 2011, 06:04 PM
GMC:er
I'm currently on the waiting list for the Axe Fx 2. I sent the e-mail request for the discount code on 11-15-2011. No idea when I'll come up first on the list but can't wait!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 16 2011, 09:32 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Dec 15 2011, 07:13 PM) *
i think you should read this page my friend:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/artists.php

Wow!! the demos I listened to of this processor preamp sound incredible! I gotta have one wub.gif
here is a link to the demo page if you havent found it yourself allready.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/media.php

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 16 2011, 10:22 PM
Instructor
Sounds really powerful, and how not to -considering the price ! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 17 2011, 02:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Dec 16 2011, 09:22 PM) *
Sounds really powerful, and how not to -considering the price ! biggrin.gif

It's a very expensive unit but I think it's better to buy something that will be worth it for many years instead of changing your gear every year cause it brakes or you don't like the sound anymore

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 17 2011, 05:13 AM
Learning Tone Master
Definitely. Considering all the quality amps and effects stored in the axe fx (and in difference from companies like Line 6 - you get all updates for free as they are made) it's not really that expensive smile.gif

Most djent-like music is done by axe fx, but here is a song maybe most people don't know was recorded almost exclusivly with the axe fx ultra:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 17 2011, 07:59 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 15 2011, 11:10 PM) *
Check this thing out! I know a lot of musicians who is using it live and for the studio recordings but I have never tried it myself
Reviews are great but still not 100% convinced anybody here tried it or maybe own one of those?

These things are legendary. TONS of folks use them including wads of top notch pro touring groups. Not the least of which are Megadeth among others.

It's one of the best dedicated processors money can buy. You just can't go wrong with one. If you can swing the price, it's the one to have.

Todd

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 18 2011, 07:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 17 2011, 06:59 AM) *
These things are legendary. TONS of folks use them including wads of top notch pro touring groups. Not the least of which are Megadeth among others.

It's one of the best dedicated processors money can buy. You just can't go wrong with one. If you can swing the price, it's the one to have.

Todd

I am thinking about it still I use to have guitar processors years ago last one I had was vg-99 and I hated it! It didn't cut through the mix at all and it's a lot of work to program this thing

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 20 2011, 10:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 18 2011, 07:43 AM) *
I am thinking about it still I use to have guitar processors years ago last one I had was vg-99 and I hated it! It didn't cut through the mix at all and it's a lot of work to program this thing

And it's Roland's flagship product I believe. Sorry to hear that, I was thinking it was better. V88 was legendary device.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 21 2011, 06:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 20 2011, 09:41 PM) *
And it's Roland's flagship product I believe. Sorry to hear that, I was thinking it was better. V88 was legendary device.

Yeah I was hoping for something better

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 21 2011, 06:57 AM
Learning Roadie
and the Axe Fx is that something better!

For a less Metal example, here are some things I've done, they are on other parts of the forum already.

I think this was a AC30 patch I made
http://soundcloud.com/mattkid/october-skies-take

Yes some clever soul programmed a patch to sound like acoustic guitar and violin (not samples here, just effects)
http://soundcloud.com/mattkid/acoustic-and-violin

I'll try and get some other recordings done of things like the Marshall presets I have over Christmas

This is the Axe FX Ultra and not the Axe Fx 2, so things in the 2 will be better and easier to program

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 21 2011, 12:39 PM
Instructor
Wow, nice sounding indeed smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 22 2011, 08:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 21 2011, 05:57 AM) *
and the Axe Fx is that something better!

For a less Metal example, here are some things I've done, they are on other parts of the forum already.

I think this was a AC30 patch I made
http://soundcloud.com/mattkid/october-skies-take

Yes some clever soul programmed a patch to sound like acoustic guitar and violin (not samples here, just effects)
http://soundcloud.com/mattkid/acoustic-and-violin

I'll try and get some other recordings done of things like the Marshall presets I have over Christmas

This is the Axe FX Ultra and not the Axe Fx 2, so things in the 2 will be better and easier to program

Sounds very good!!!! Great job!!!

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 30 2011, 05:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 16 2011, 04:10 AM) *

I don't think you will be dissapointed mate, If I can pucnh in a good tone a get a good sound out of it, seasond guitarists like yourself would be in paradise. The AXE FX 2 is amazing, basically it's like having 50 different amps, they do such a good job of re creating the tone, you would find it hard to tell the difference if your eyes were closed.

Now I am not a great guitarist, but these guys have great demo's of what the AXE 2 can do. I got mine about a week ago and still am trying to figure out all the features, they just released a free update a few days ago giving you more amps and effects, the latest addition was the Fractal Audio 5150 amp sim. anyway here is IMO, some really good demo's, my REC take is here using a custom patch i dialed in within about 3 mins... https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42209

thanks to posterboy ( I think) for getting me onto Pete Thorn!

And of course the Master himself, Former GMC Instructor David Walliman....amazing guitarist

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Dec 30 2011, 06:03 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 30 2011, 10:14 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
AxeFx are pretty much the thing I strive for the most. the POD HD Pro is less than half the price but comes fairly close from what I've heard.

Nothing gets a better clean tone than AxeFx, I just love it for that reason alone.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 PM