Opinions Of The Line 6 James Tyler Jtv-59,69, And 89 Guitars
Dave Sterling
Jun 21 2011, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
I'm considering buying a Line 6 Variax James Tyler guitar, probably the JTV-69, I would like to know what people here at GMC think about these guitars? There are Korean and US made JTV-69 models, the US made is about 3 times the price of that of the Korean model.

I'm also wondering if they sound similar to the PODs? I had a POD HD and it's a good product for the price, but I have decided to upgrade to a AXE-FX or a Kemper when it's available.

All comments are welcome,
Thank you,
Dave

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 21 2011, 07:05 PM
Instructor
I never tried the Variax James Tyler guitar but a "real" Tyler : awesome guitar of course & the price too...!
I'm not a big fan of modelling stuff (Pod, Boss...), except Axe-FX.

But if you want to upgrade to the Axe fx, which is way better..., why would you buy the Variax too?
Is that for home use, playing gigs?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 21 2011, 10:24 PM
Instructor
What's the price on that guitar?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dave Sterling
Jun 22 2011, 08:37 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 21 2011, 10:24 PM) *
What's the price on that guitar?

The price is $1400.00 US dollars, the US model is about 3 times that and from what I have found out it sounds the same, all the electronics are the same and on the Line 6 forum I'm told that it plays about the same so I ordered the Korean model today. They are hard to get and I could only find one store that had it available and they only had one. biggrin.gif One day I hope to learn how to play the thing, lol.

QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Jun 21 2011, 07:05 PM) *
I never tried the Variax James Tyler guitar but a "real" Tyler : awesome guitar of course & the price too...!
I'm not a big fan of modelling stuff (Pod, Boss...), except Axe-FX.

But if you want to upgrade to the Axe fx, which is way better..., why would you buy the Variax too?
Is that for home use, playing gigs?

The AXE-FX simuliates amps and effects the JTV simulates various types of guitars. I ordered a JTV today and I also was very lucky and snagged a AXE-FX II, so I expect them to be delivered, hopefully the weekend, can't wait to check them out.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 22 2011, 10:02 PM
Instructor
Some of my experiences with line6 modeling guitars . I tried the earlier models, electronics, sound, everything shines .... except the uncomfortable neck.I had the impression that I keep a shovel in left hand..
Don't rush it, pay close attention to whether your hand is tired or not wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave Sterling
Jun 24 2011, 12:04 AM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jun 22 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Some of my experiences with line6 modeling guitars . I tried the earlier models, electronics, sound, everything shines .... except the uncomfortable neck.I had the impression that I keep a shovel in left hand..
Don't rush it, pay close attention to whether your hand is tired or not wink.gif

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the input from others that are much more experienced at playing, I expect to have the guitar in a day or two and if it seems not worth it I may return it, for now I'll keep my Ibanez and may keep both.

Thank you,
Dave

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 24 2011, 05:25 PM
Instructor
Let us know how the guitar behaves mate. Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 PM