> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Emgie’s Neoclassical Concepts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2012, 05:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Marcin! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!

I will post your introduction here....

"Hi!

I want to indroduce myself to you guys. My name is Marcin and I'm from Poland. I'm 21 years old and I'm studying marketing management at University of Economics. This year I'll get Bachelor's Degree.

As far as music interests go I'm into all kinds of metal. I also like some hard rock and classical music. I love guitar solos, thats why i started playing guitar few years ago! My favourite guitarists are: Yngwie Malmsteen, Jeff Loomis, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhodes and many others.

My fovourite soloing style is neoclassical. I love its connection beetwen melodies (classical inspired) and technical complexity. I really want to develop myself to become 'neoclassical virtuoso' type of guitarist. I enjoy other styles either but neoclassical for me is second to none.

I've seen that GMC has many neoclassical lessons available. That is why I'm here. I want to learn more awesome licks, chord progressions and work on my technique. I'd also like to create some practice schedule to maximize practice productivity. Maybe someone could help me on my way to become better guitarist? I've seen that there is some mentoring available, I'd love to get such indivdual help (especially from someone who also likes neoclassical style).

At the moment I play in heavy/thrash metal band SKAZA. I'm playing lead guitar there. You can check us (we have really good quility demo - 2 songs) at our Facebook or MySpace. Please check it and tell me what do you think about the songs, and lead guitar playing. Also if you enjoy it please 'like it' on our facebook fanpage I love gathering more 'likes'.

Thank you for your time to read it!
Marcin \m/"

So you want to be a Neoclassical Virtuoso!! Let's start this amazing journey! smile.gif

The first thing that I need is a video of you showing your abilities: Rhythm, Alternate Picking, Sweep Picking, Legato etc... also let me know what scales you have learnt... I'm now checking your band! It sounds really good.. maybe you could film yourself playing some of your band's solos.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 23 2012, 05:36 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eMGie
Feb 24 2012, 11:34 PM
GMC:er
Wow, my own threat! smile.gif

Unfortunatly I haven't any videos of me playing yet. sad.gif
I'll try to submit my first REC this weekend smile.gif

I decided to start with something really easy like "Neoclassical solo for begginers" or "Neoclassical three-level-lesson beginner" it will allow me to record something immediately.

I also started to practice "Neoclassical Etude #1" by Marcus Lavendell but its not that easy. tongue.gif

It may seem that i want to play neoclassical stuff only, but it not true. I'm interested in other things as well. laugh.gif I like all sub-genres of metal and want to play them all. wink.gif

Generally I think that my weakest side is alternate picking but maybe I'm wrong.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2012, 11:43 PM
Instructor
Cool mate! I'll be waiting for that video to know how to start! You can check my lessons archive where you will find some easy Neoclassical Style lessons...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Feb 25 2012, 03:38 PM

It's my first take to test the recorder etc. Is it enough quality for REC program?
I'll record two videos for REC tommorow. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2012, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Yes Emgie! I think that the overall is good. The things to improve on this one is your vibrato, it should be wider (check Marcus lesson), the first bend, which is a bit our of pitch and to make your alternate picking licks tighter. This take is good enough for the REC. Please post it to receive other instructors comments! smile.gif

I'll wait for the next two videos!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Feb 26 2012, 12:47 PM
I've posted REC takes smile.gif

I'm getting a bit nervous when recording myself... but i think it will be better in the future!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2012, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Cool mate! I'll check them out! yes, this is normal but it should disappear after some experience/practice... wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Feb 26 2012, 08:54 PM
I've read all the comments. smile.gif

I see that the main issues were: timing, vibrato and bending.

Should I practice these two lessons to record it again, or just practice for me (like for example playing them one/twice a day smile.gif ) and focus on next lesson?

Which lesson should I choose now? smile.gif I'm also practicing neoclassical etude #1 in the meantime. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2012, 09:16 PM
Instructor
It would be good if you play both lessons at least twice a day to keep them in your repertoire. I have two ideas to work on those things.

For timing:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Vinnie...yle-patterns-1/

This lessons is cool to practice some neoclassical ideas that must be played tight.

For Vibrato and bending:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The_tasty_etude/

Jonathan's vibrato and bending are awesome. This tune is different to what you are used to play but I think that it could add what your playing is lacking. Concentrate on imitating Jona's wide vibrato on this one, and try to be precise with your bend's pitch.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Feb 26 2012, 09:42 PM
Bookmarked both smile.gif

I love such licks like in Vinnie Moore style lesson! They are called pedal point licks, right? smile.gif

I absolutely enjoy the melody in the "Tasty Etude". biggrin.gif

I'll practice them!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2012, 09:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (eMGie @ Feb 26 2012, 05:42 PM) *
Bookmarked both smile.gif

I love such licks like in Vinnie Moore style lesson! They are called pedal point licks, right? smile.gif

I absolutely enjoy the melody in the "Tasty Etude". biggrin.gif

I'll practice them!

Pedal note licks! that's how they are used to be called. Great man! I'll wait for your updates! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Mar 7 2012, 12:09 PM
I was really busy this week: two shows with my band, new covers to prepare etc...

But I've posted first REC video smile.gif https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

At the moment I'm working on the Tasty Etude - it's more complicated than I thought! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2012, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! It's cool to see that you are doing music! There is no problem, take your time to master the Tasty Etude. I'm now checking the REC take. smile.gif

what about the shows? where? what did you prepared?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Mar 16 2012, 02:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 7 2012, 04:21 PM) *
what about the shows? where? what did you prepared?

Just regular shows in my home city, nothing special. We have to prepare three Metallica's covers for the show next week - it's called "Metallica Party" (and we chose For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fuel and Enter Sandman).

I've posted 2 more REC videos. smile.gif
I'm not sure if the take for "the tasty etude" is good enough to pass... but I'm already tired with it tongue.gif maybe it is, and I'm not believing in myself. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2012, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Great song choices!! smile.gif

I checked both REC lessons. They are good and passed but check my comments because you can improve some little details to make them sound perfect.

Have you checked this lesson?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/tapping-lesson/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Mar 16 2012, 07:22 PM
Yes I've seen this lesson and I really like it. smile.gif I'll start learning more difficult (than the one I've recorded) tapping lesson now and with every lesson raise difficulty - and I'll eventually get to the one you posted. smile.gif

I'll do the same with sweeping. smile.gif

Unfortunatly I'm not sure how to practice alternate picking... I believe that my technique is not bad, but I don't really use any 'speed picking runs' in my solos. I want to develop my skill in AP licks and learn how to use them in practical situations. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 17 2012, 04:29 PM
Instructor
That sounds great for me mate! I'll be waiting for your tapping and sweeping lessons takes. For alternate picking I would go for this amazing series. They are a bit difficult but 100% effective.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/modal-madness/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Mar 19 2012, 11:41 PM
Thank you for the link. smile.gif I'll practice alternate picking like in this lesson. Of course much slower. tongue.gif

My goal is to play alternate picking like Malmsteen / Loomis some day! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2012, 01:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (eMGie @ Mar 19 2012, 07:41 PM) *
Thank you for the link. smile.gif I'll practice alternate picking like in this lesson. Of course much slower. tongue.gif

My goal is to play alternate picking like Malmsteen / Loomis some day! smile.gif

Everything is possible with every day practice! Keep me updated about the progress of this lesson. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Mar 28 2012, 03:26 PM
Hey! I've posted three new REC takes. smile.gif

I'm also practicing the modal madness lesson - but I treat it as my everyday alternate picking training - I won't be able to play that fast anywhere soon to post REC yet . smile.gif

Well, something came to my mind... I've alwayes wanted to create my own youtube channel someday - with videos of me playing something. On the other hand I have always loved the 'metal' or 'neoclassical metal' arrangements of classical music. Combining it together - I've alwayes wanted to post videos of my arrangements of famous classical music. It seems that such videos are popular not only within guitarists, and generally people enjoy such playing.

I'm not sure if I'm playing good enough to not sound amateurish, but maybe I could try (along with normal technique practice)?

I think that Beethoven's Fur Elise is good piece to start with, because it's not so complicated or fast.

My problem is... I don't know where to start. tongue.gif I have Reaper, SampleTank, EZdrummer. I think that it would be great to use 'orchestral' instruments in such arrangements too (SampleTank has them). Is it a good idea to compose everything in Guitar Pro, and then exporting to midi to use VSTi? Should I get same notes sheet of this piece first? Well I'm confused with everything... sad.gif

It would be great if you could give me some guidance and help. How would you aproach such thing? Do you think that it is possible for me to do it, or is it too early? smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:42 AM