3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Hufschmid 18th Anniversary Competition, Win a pair of Custom built pickups
enlo22
Aug 18 2014, 04:09 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
ok guys , here's my take on it! hope you enjoy I put some time into this smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVaX8G_99a0...eature=youtu.be

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 19 2014, 07:42 AM
Instructor
Howdy Marco!

Very nice take man! I will only say that you need to pay a bit of attention to the bend around 0:31 - that one is pretty much the only thing that could be improved technically wise. Otherwise, your tone and phrasing are nice and I think you have good chances with this one!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 20 2014, 01:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm working on a take for the competition, but I've seen some of the other entries, and maaan, there are some good ones, so I need to work extra on my take to even think about competing.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2014, 07:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 20 2014, 12:03 PM) *
I'm working on a take for the competition, but I've seen some of the other entries, and maaan, there are some good ones, so I need to work extra on my take to even think about competing.

Good going mate! Looks like you are back with a vengeance! I am also looking forward to seeing your take for the Blues Rock Collab wink.gif

Please do share your take for the competition so that we may help out with some suggestions if needed!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 21 2014, 07:23 AM

+Quote Post
enlo22
Aug 21 2014, 09:48 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 20 2014, 12:03 PM) *

Looking forward to it !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 24 2014, 06:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys, finally I finished my take for the contest biggrin.gif Because Darek it's the organizer for this competition, we couldn't work together this time. But.........because I'm not at that level to believe in my skills Cosmin was too kind and accepted to work with me for this take smile.gif So, thank you very much Cosmin for all your support wink.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Aug 25 2014, 06:36 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 24 2014, 05:49 PM) *
Hey guys, finally I finished my take for the contest biggrin.gif Because Darek it's the organizer for this competition, we couldn't work together this time. But.........because I'm not at that level to believe in my skills Cosmin was too kind and accepted to work with me for this take smile.gif So, thank you very much Cosmin for all your support wink.gif

loved the intro Monica

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 25 2014, 06:53 AM
Learning Roadie
Great take Monica, loved your phrasing and approach to notes, your love of Andy Timmons is paying off

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2014, 11:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 24 2014, 05:49 PM) *

It was a pleasure and I love the result! That chord at 0:21 is totally EPIC! I must tell you guys that Monica's rhythmic abilities have grown and also, you must know that when she began working on this take, she had absolutely NO clue on using the whammy bar as she never tried it and look at that amazing vibrato now! I am very proud and happy to have contributed to this, but all the hard work and effort belongs to Monica! Congratulations once again!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 25 2014, 12:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Aug 25 2014, 05:36 AM) *
loved the intro Monica

Thank you Marco, I'm glad you like it smile.gif I had too many ideas for intro part but at the end this variant was the chosen one wink.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 25 2014, 05:53 AM) *
Great take Monica, loved your phrasing and approach to notes, your love of Andy Timmons is paying off

Haha....yes I can't hide my love for Andy biggrin.gif Thank you so much Matt for your kind words smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2014, 10:18 AM) *
It was a pleasure and I love the result! That chord at 0:21 is totally EPIC! I must tell you guys that Monica's rhythmic abilities have grown and also, you must know that when she began working on this take, she had absolutely NO clue on using the whammy bar as she never tried it and look at that amazing vibrato now! I am very proud and happy to have contributed to this, but all the hard work and effort belongs to Monica! Congratulations once again!

Cosmin, thank you again for everything and sorry for midnight, morning and afternoon tones of messages biggrin.gif but....the result it worth wink.gif

Yes guys, Cosmin has right I didn't had any idea how to use the whammy bar biggrin.gif Because my improvisation asked for a more visible vibrato, this was a good opportunity for me to learn. Cosmin was great and he show me and explained me how to keep my hand on the bar smile.gif After that I worked alot of time to be able to do this. With 24 hours before video I said myself that I'm ready to control the bar and I start to modified and add things in improv. In this way appear that chord at 0:21, making experiments and finding on guitar the sound from my mind wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 25 2014, 12:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 24 2014, 06:49 PM) *

excellent stuff Monica. Very nice melodies. As well as your cool playing, I also appreciate all the black that you surround yourself with smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 25 2014, 05:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 25 2014, 11:55 AM) *
excellent stuff Monica. Very nice melodies. As well as your cool playing, I also appreciate all the black that you surround yourself with smile.gif

Thank you Bleez, you are too kind smile.gif We have the same taste about black wink.gif I must confess that I'm very obsessed to have everything black and of course also my taste for clothes it's the same. If you open my wardrobe you will probably ask yourself if I go to a funeral every day laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Aug 26 2014, 06:51 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 26 2014, 08:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 25 2014, 11:21 AM) *
Thank you Marco, I'm glad you like it smile.gif I had too many ideas for intro part but at the end this variant was the chosen one wink.gif

Haha....yes I can't hide my love for Andy biggrin.gif Thank you so much Matt for your kind words smile.gif

Cosmin, thank you again for everything and sorry for midnight, morning and afternoon tones of messages biggrin.gif but....the result it worth wink.gif

Yes guys, Cosmin has right I didn't had any idea how to use the whammy bar biggrin.gif Because my improvisation asked for a more visible vibrato, this was a good opportunity for me to learn. Cosmin was great and he show me and explained me how to keep my hand on the bar smile.gif After that I worked alot of time to be able to do this. With 24 hours before video I said myself that I'm ready to control the bar and I start to modified and add things in improv. In this way appear that chord at 0:21, making experiments and finding on guitar the sound from my mind wink.gif

Nothing to it! wink.gif I am glad it came out this good and you did such a great job! Let's see how the competition will evolve then. If there's one thing I think you need to work on a little more in the future - that would be your vibrato with the left hand - see minutes 0:18 and 0:34. The vibrato could be wider and more expressive, but otherwise, it's clear that you have progressed a lot! Keep it up!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 26 2014, 02:12 PM
GMC:er
Great playing Monica!
You employ a lot of cool 'guitar' techniques in a very musical way.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 26 2014, 10:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 24 2014, 01:49 PM) *

Very nice job Monica! I'll tell you what I enjoy is the use of the diads with the expression bar, lovely tension. I also liked how you built up your solo and one point you stayed around 1 tone and moved up gradually. I like the ending too. Even though Darius wasn't there he still has a presence in your playing. Good playing!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 27 2014, 07:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 26 2014, 07:04 AM) *
Nothing to it! wink.gif I am glad it came out this good and you did such a great job! Let's see how the competition will evolve then. If there's one thing I think you need to work on a little more in the future - that would be your vibrato with the left hand - see minutes 0:18 and 0:34. The vibrato could be wider and more expressive, but otherwise, it's clear that you have progressed a lot! Keep it up!

Definitely I will fix very soon this vibrato problem because it's already a must wink.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 26 2014, 01:12 PM) *
Great playing Monica!
You employ a lot of cool 'guitar' techniques in a very musical way.

Thank you so much Klasaine smile.gif I'm really happy that you paid attention at techniques things. I tried to put as many juicy details as possible wink.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Aug 26 2014, 09:34 PM) *
Very nice job Monica! I'll tell you what I enjoy is the use of the diads with the expression bar, lovely tension. I also liked how you built up your solo and one point you stayed around 1 tone and moved up gradually. I like the ending too. Even though Darius wasn't there he still has a presence in your playing. Good playing!

Thank you Jim, I'm happy that you liked smile.gif What you said about that Darek still is present in my playing it's the best compliment for me smile.gif You made my day!! I must say that I'm an incurable Darekhoolic and for me he is a complete musician biggrin.gif Is my main model and the musician that I want to become.
My first goal for this take and first thing that I told to Cosmin, when I ask him to work with me for this take, it was: "I don't want to disappoint Darek". You know, Darek believe in what I do and he spend many hours working with me. My goal wasn't the contest itself. I tried to do my best and I tried to use all what Darek teached me, from the tiny details at composition construction and steal new things from Cosmin biggrin.gif
I chosed to use dyads because I like that sound very much and I wanted to create tension in a very easy way (my actual level can't let me do spectacular things tongue.gif ). I remembered that I was very impressed how Darek create tension in one of his demo with simple things. So, I tried to create the same feel as his demo created for me wink.gif

Here is the demo that I'm talking about:

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Aug 27 2014, 07:11 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2014, 07:15 AM
Instructor
Out of what I know, there are three more days till the deadline for this one, correct? I am very curious about the outcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 28 2014, 05:10 AM
Learning Tone Master
Yes Cosmin, the deadline is on 31.08.2014 and people can post the take until 11.59 PM London Time. I'm also curious about the results smile.gif There are couple of entries wich are very good.

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Aug 28 2014, 05:11 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 28 2014, 07:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 28 2014, 04:10 AM) *
Yes Cosmin, the deadline is on 31.08.2014 and people can post the take until 11.59 PM London Time. I'm also curious about the results smile.gif There are couple of entries wich are very good.

Well, Sunday we'll most probably find out more! I wish the best of luck to all three of you - Monica, Marco and Pat!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 28 2014, 10:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm gonna enter as well, probably right around deadline. Not completely happy with what I've got so I might work a bit more on it.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:52 PM