> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Marek Rojewski - Heavy Picking Lesson
GRADE
Heavy Picking Lesson
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 5 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

Marek Rojewski
Aug 7 2011, 04:46 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Original lesson: link

Gear: Devil Custom Schecter Guitar + Line6 Toneport GX

Quite hard lesson, anyway it was nice to give it a try smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 23 2011, 05:09 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 7 2011, 05:08 PM
Instructor
You did a good job with this difficult lesson. The thing that I would improve in this one is the strength of your picking. Comparing your tone with the original I noticed that you have much more drive in your tone.. maybe you could set your amp with less distortion for this type of lessons to allow you get the sound from your pick and string... the distortion helps but it sound clearer when you pick with strength every note... check the original lesson to hear what I mean... by the way you did it very good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 8 2011, 10:57 AM
Instructor
very good take! I can tell you took the time to practice it and perfect it to a very good standard,

The last riff has very good timing and more tightness to it. You should try to approach the first part with the same state of mind. The first part feels a little loose timing wise. Also the right hand looks a bit stiff, try a slightly different movement using more wrist maybe.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 8 2011, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Some good feedback here smile.gif Daniel said the same thing I thought.. that you nailed the second part very well, even better than the first. But hey, that's the challenge of down picking !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2011, 11:02 PM
Instructor
Nothing more to add from me, I agree with Ben, Daniel and Gabe! Good work mate - this lesson is difficult!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 12 2011, 09:25 AM
GMC Founder
Agreed with what the riff masters said+ I have to add that I wouldn't be able to down pick at this speed myself. I certainly know how the right hand tends to cramp up unless you manage to stay 100% relaxed.

Perhaps you just relaxed a little more at the end when you felt the take was soon finished? There is so much psychology that kicks in when you hit the rec button..

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 13 2011, 05:18 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Solid 8 man!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:11 AM