> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Rileyandrew29's Thread, for Gab's Army
Rileyandrew29
Apr 2 2014, 07:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

Yeah, i knew you were gonna point out those particular points. I probably should of recorded the next tempo down because i play it soo much better and I'm able to play the higher strings!! But....ego got the better of me and I decided to record it as fast as i could smile.gif

I'm not bored of the lessons I'm practicing yet!! Got to get the Iron Maiden track up to scratch...I'm still struggling to play it at full speed cleanly. Any tips!.....or do u want/need a video?

Thanks

P.S Congrats on opening for Metallica. Your little story was epic man smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2014, 07:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ Apr 2 2014, 03:10 PM) *
Hi

Yeah, i knew you were gonna point out those particular points. I probably should of recorded the next tempo down because i play it soo much better and I'm able to play the higher strings!! But....ego got the better of me and I decided to record it as fast as i could smile.gif

I'm not bored of the lessons I'm practicing yet!! Got to get the Iron Maiden track up to scratch...I'm still struggling to play it at full speed cleanly. Any tips!.....or do u want/need a video?

Thanks

P.S Congrats on opening for Metallica. Your little story was epic man smile.gif

Thanks friend! smile.gif Regarding Maiden's lesson, one thing that really works for me is to practice as a loop each section, mostly the ones that give me more problems. When you work on small fragments you can focus on details and the improvements are faster. If you can record a video I will be able to give you more specific feedback.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 11 2014, 03:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel hows things with you?

I haven't been playing recently as much as i would like to but still grabbing time here and there.

Could you help me choose some new lessons now. I think i would like to try and learn your trivium song its pretty awesome dude biggrin.gif

You captured there newer sound spot on. It doesnt seem to advanced for me, so i will try it now and let you know.

Anyway I will upload some vids with my progress on the Iron Maiden and Motley crue lessons in few days or so!!

Thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 11 2014, 03:57 PM
Learning Roadie
I tried the Trivium lesson and I think I would definitely struggle to play this anywhere near full speed at my current level. Same with the Bullet for My Valentine one (another amazing lesson) wink.gif Guess i will have to set these as goals to reach!!

Could you possible suggest some lessons that might help me on the path to being able to play those type of songs?

Thanks dude cool.gif

Andy

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2014, 10:29 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Those are tricky rhythm metal lessons. We can start a journey that takes you to that style. You did a good job with Metallica's lesson. Here are some suggestions to start working:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...riffing-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...guitar1-drop-d/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-1/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 12 2014, 12:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Yesss! Nice lessons biggrin.gif They all sound great!

Thank you.

Im on it like white on rice!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 12 2014, 03:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ May 12 2014, 08:43 AM) *
Yesss! Nice lessons biggrin.gif They all sound great!

Thank you.

Im on it like white on rice!!

hehehe excellent! Which one first?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 12 2014, 04:18 PM
Learning Roadie
This one first https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...guitar1-drop-d/ Since its the easiest.

Then i will work on https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...riffing-lesson/

Leaving Metal Metrics 1 for last \m/ sleep.gif \m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 12 2014, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ May 12 2014, 12:18 PM) *
This one first https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...guitar1-drop-d/ Since its the easiest.

Then i will work on https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...riffing-lesson/

Leaving Metal Metrics 1 for last \m/ sleep.gif \m/

Good decision! yes, maybe we can leave Metal Metric for later since it's as tricky as the lessons that you started working previously.

Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 19 2014, 10:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab

Here I am playing the I Got Rhythm 1 lesson. I have also uploaded this in REC.

I tried recording the guitar with a DAW but it cocked up and sounded rubbish, so i just used the camcorder sound over the backing track.

Let me know what ya think!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2014, 12:10 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, great to see you rocking this one! You did a great job. It's a very useful lesson to train your rhythm abilities. The riffs sound good, your playing is tight and precise. There are two details that I could mark comparing this one with the original. The original has a sound with a bit of less drive, this makes the sound less compressed and allows the player to give more dynamics to the playing. Dynamics give more life to the take. I would try it. The is also a vibrato missing in the second riff (starting at 00:31).

These are details, you are doing a very good work. Keep on rocking!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 20 2014, 06:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for your comments. I will take them on board cheers.

I purchased a POD HD500 today from ebay so my future recording tones should be awesome.
Especially if I use your patches tongue.gif lol

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2014, 04:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ May 20 2014, 02:46 PM) *
Thanks for your comments. I will take them on board cheers.

I purchased a POD HD500 today from ebay so my future recording tones should be awesome.
Especially if I use your patches tongue.gif lol

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif blink.gif

Great!! Congratulations mate! Can't wait to hear your new sounds... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 27 2014, 07:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel

Could you please give me a link to download the HD500 patch for the Iron Maiden for beginners lesson if possible.
-Treadplate Dual Amp Model with a 4x12 2001 Treadplate Cab Model-

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2014, 08:01 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! You can download it clicking HERE.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 27 2014, 09:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Top man wink.gif

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2014, 07:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ May 27 2014, 05:10 PM) *
Top man wink.gif

Thanks

no problem mate! Is there a REC take coming? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 29 2014, 09:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah!! Im hoping to get at least one done at the weekend when I have more time.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2014, 01:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ May 29 2014, 05:08 PM) *
Yeah!! Im hoping to get at least one done at the weekend when I have more time.

Great! Looking forward it... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 31 2014, 03:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gabriel

Here's a new vid of me playing the Megadeth riffing lesson. I've also put this up on REC.

Hope you enjoy and et know what you think!!

Thanks

Andy

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 PM