3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Which Guitarists Tone Is Your Favorite?, We're all cyborgs in a way...
Qenzoz
May 25 2011, 05:44 PM
GMC:er
Paul Gilbert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 25 2011, 06:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Mar 29 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Mikael Åkerfeldt

Good call, I haven't heard a bad tone from him ! wink.gif

Very difficult to decide but I'll go with the 80's sound of Mattias Jabs ! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 25 2011, 06:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
Slash!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 25 2011, 06:29 PM
Instructor
also Slash, instantly recognisable and epic

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
May 25 2011, 06:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 25 2011, 10:18 AM) *
Good call, I haven't heard a bad tone from him ! wink.gif

Very difficult to decide but I'll go with the 80's sound of Mattias Jabs ! cool.gif

Matthias was the David Lee Roth of guitarists - what showmanship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBM0nsBQ3U...;feature=fvwrel

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Juan Cortes
May 25 2011, 07:23 PM
For the fusion style Brett Garsed, i have a MI audio tube zone and it is incredible, over a very clean channel, wonderful pedal.
Also, i thing that Yngwie`s sound in the fist era was amazing, so clean and smooth.

+Quote Post
bill95
May 25 2011, 08:44 PM
Slash's and Gilbert's smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2011, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Mark Tremonti - riffs

Andy Timmons/ Guthrie Govan - lead

this is happening today biggrin.gif tomorrow ..well that's another story biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 26 2011, 04:48 AM
The Dark Canuck
Jimmy Page - just has a great classic tone IMHO Love his blues/rock stylings. He will always be my favourite smile.gif

Mark Tremonti - Love his riffing and the tone he creates whether clean or heavy is always infectious to me. I was not a fan of Creed although I have gone back and listened with new ears... still not a huge fan wink.gif I much prefer the heavier tone of Alter Bridge... seems more his comfort zone to me.

Tom Morello - I love how he can make a guitar not sound like a guitar. He's very unique.

Toni Iommi - He just has that demonic heavy tone down pat. Almost instantly recognizable.

+Quote Post
Gary
May 26 2011, 06:31 AM
Going with the mixed tones of Marty Friedman. The Asian influenced clean tones on Scenes and Introduction are so incredibly good...and when he steps on the gas in the solos they have just the right amount of bite to them.

Cheers~
Gary

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 26 2011, 09:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 25 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Matthias was the David Lee Roth of guitarists - what showmanship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBM0nsBQ3U...;feature=fvwrel

Absolutely.. not to mention a Woody Harrelson lookalike ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 26 2011, 08:00 PM
Instructor
oh yes, of course Tom morello is a sound wiz

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 5 2011, 12:36 AM
Instructor
Andy Timmons, Eric Johnson, David Gilmour...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2011, 08:46 AM
Instructor
This morning - Guthrie Govan - I'm watching a presentation video of the new compilation he shall be on, along with other guys presented by bluesjamtracks.com! This guys is simply amazing ... Check this out!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2011, 09:55 AM
All of the above are great. I really like Michael Amott's tone.

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 7 2011, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Scott Henderson & Michael Landau

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2011, 09:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Jun 7 2011, 06:32 PM) *
Scott Henderson & Michael Landau

Henderson is the man biggrin.gif I love the album called 'Tore down house'

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2011, 10:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 5 2011, 04:46 AM) *
This morning - Guthrie Govan - I'm watching a presentation video of the new compilation he shall be on, along with other guys presented by bluesjamtracks.com! This guys is simply amazing ... Check this out!

Amazing samples! He never stops surprising me. smile.gif

Regarding the topic.. I love too many styles of music so it's difficult to choose some players... I always loved Slash sound but I think that it¡s because I like the things he plays... I also like Mark Tremonti sound in the first Alter Bridge album.. it blows your mind.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2011, 10:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 7 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Amazing samples! He never stops surprising me. smile.gif

Regarding the topic.. I love too many styles of music so it's difficult to choose some players... I always loved Slash sound but I think that it¡s because I like the things he plays... I also like Mark Tremonti sound in the first Alter Bridge album.. it blows your mind.

Gabriel biggrin.gif you like Guthrie and Mark, if you like Andy Timmons as well, the trio is complete tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2011, 10:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 7 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Gabriel biggrin.gif you like Guthrie and Mark, if you like Andy Timmons as well, the trio is complete tongue.gif

hahaha it would be a great G3! Any Timmons has a really good tone. I like Mesa Boogie's sound! I use the Dual Rectifier live. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:47 PM