Having Trouble With Guitar Pro
michaelwalker
Mar 6 2012, 03:47 PM
GMC:er
Trying to transcribe Sweet Madam Blue by Styx, found it on Ultimate Guitar Tabs and I can make it to the first four Notes and it will not let me add more, do I have to add a Beat or a Bar, it's like then if I add a beat it will not play beyond those first four notes..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Jackson DK2S, Jackson JS-20, Peavey AT-200 autotune, my homemade Gibson Flying V, ESP MH-301, Ibanez ARTCORE AF-75, Ibanez Mikro, Yamaha JR-1, Yamaha F-335, Epiphone Artisit 200, Ovation Idea, and last but not least a rare Brownsville Mini.

Amps: Crate GX-2200H with 2 Crate 4X12, Fender G-Dec3, ZT Lunchbox, ZOOM G3X Effects and Amp Simulator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 6 2012, 03:59 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi there - not quite sure what the problem is here ...

Guitar pro will let you add notes continually, you just use the right arrow each time you want a new one, and it adds the bars automatically. You may need to change the duration of the notes you are adding, and need to take care that they all add up to the correct number of beats per bar (4 unless you have changed it) but it should just let you keep adding notes forever. If a bar goes red, it means you have the wrong number of beats there.

I have GP5, maybe 6 is different if you have that- I can't easily check that!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
michaelwalker
Mar 6 2012, 05:57 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 6 2012, 02:59 PM) *

Guitar pro will let you add notes continually, you just use the right arrow each time you want a new one, and it adds the bars automatically. You may need to change the duration of the notes you are adding, and need to take care that they all add up to the correct number of beats per bar (4 unless you have changed it) but it should just let you keep adding notes forever. If a bar goes red, it means you have the wrong number of beats there.

That was the problem Andrew, I did not use the Arrow, i know that might seem weird but it let me do it a different way and would not play, so I backed it up by deleting, used the arrow and wala it now works and sounds like the song!! thanks man!! I have GP6 works the same..

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 6 2012, 02:59 PM) *

Now I started an Intro, worked great by the way, now how to i started say another Riff below that intro riff with GP?

--------------------
Guitars: Jackson DK2S, Jackson JS-20, Peavey AT-200 autotune, my homemade Gibson Flying V, ESP MH-301, Ibanez ARTCORE AF-75, Ibanez Mikro, Yamaha JR-1, Yamaha F-335, Epiphone Artisit 200, Ovation Idea, and last but not least a rare Brownsville Mini.

Amps: Crate GX-2200H with 2 Crate 4X12, Fender G-Dec3, ZT Lunchbox, ZOOM G3X Effects and Amp Simulator

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 6 2012, 06:01 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Glad you are making progress smile.gif Not sure what you are asking in your second post?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
michaelwalker
Mar 6 2012, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 6 2012, 05:01 PM) *
Glad you are making progress smile.gif Not sure what you are asking in your second post?

Like it was an intro riff that id d turned out to be 2 lines, but that's it and I want to start a new Riff with 4/4 time below that on the same page?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:10 PM