> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Nimrandir’s Musical Universe, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2012, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Congrats for your new degree!! Well done! smile.gif

Thanks for your update! Don't worry about how many time the lesson takes, just keep on working on it.

What about adding this lesson to work on the same concept and avoid playing the same things too many time a day?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...shrapnel-style/

Gab.-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Apr 6 2012, 05:13 PM
GMC:er
Hi Gab!

I think I've learned the first part of Shrapnel lesson (up to the long notes), but still need more practice with it smile.gif. Also I have annoying pain in my pinky, so I'll continue with it tomorrow smile.gif. Here's what I've got so far. I've already started practicing the last lick, and it gives me much trouble, as it's an unusual pattern for me, and my hand tends to switch to 1-4-1-2-4-2-1 pattern instead smile.gif.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TapeDeck_2__Apr_06_18_58_44.mp3 ( 452.98K ) Number of downloads: 102

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2012, 09:58 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! That sample sounds VERY good! Well done! It's a good decision to stop playing and rest your fingers for one day. The last lick is the most difficult so don't worry if it takes some more time. Keep on the great job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2013, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Let's continue working here! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Mar 26 2013, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 21 2013, 03:05 PM) *
Let's continue working here! smile.gif

Hi Gab! smile.gif

Wow, it's been almost a year since my last message! Not much have changed during this year, only my guitar skill has lowered somewhat tongue.gif. It's probably because I don't practice regularly and constantly have 2-3 day breaks from guitar. The tapping challenge was a good motivation, and I practiced systematically to nail the lesson, so I benefited a lot from it smile.gif. Now I need to get into practicing again, as I want to improve my technique. But as I said in the pm, my main focus is on starting to write music. I'm not sure where to start though, so I need help! smile.gif I also would like to put out some rec takes (as I still haven't submitted any!), so I will polish the lessons that you gave me - Shrapnel style and power metal soloing. Hope I can play them perfectly soon smile.gif. I've also learned some other lessons during my years at GMC (mainly by Jonathan Burgos), so hopefully I'll submit them too smile.gif. And of course I'd like to participate in collabs. My Easter holidays are starting tomorrow, so I will have more time for guitar, and I'd like to record as many takes for collabs as possible.

So those are my plans for the future smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2013, 03:29 PM
Instructor
This sounds great! Ok, let's set routine of work. As you said that the tapping challenge gave you motivation to practice, my idea is that you submit here 1 lesson per week. You can start on the ones that you are already working or that I assigned you. No matter if you can't play it perfect, now it's a must to post here once per week a video of you playing the lesson that you are working.

Also, you will create a routine based on technique exercises to practice 30 minutes every day: Alternate picking, Legato, Sweep Picking, Tapping. You can divide the time for 3 techniques per day, and you can focus each week on different exercises/techniques, but always keep AP and legato. You can use my Intensive Technique Course or GMC archive to choose the exercises.

Regarding composition... please tell me what you now about scales, tonalities, chords and harmony in general. We have to learn some theory but also analyse some music before we start composing!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Mar 26 2013, 03:41 PM
Sounds good! smile.gif I will post my first lesson in a couple of days. Probably something easy'ish to start with smile.gif. I will have to assess my current technical level and then pick exercises for the routine based on it. This I'm also going to do in the next day or two.

Well I knew a lot of theory a couple of years ago, but not using it made me forget some of it smile.gif. I know the construction and usage of diatonic and pentatonic scales, harmonizing them, I understand modes and can use them, I know how to construct chords (all those 7, add9, 13 etc.) and what scales to use over chord progressions. I've known some stuff like secondary dominants and chord substitutions, but those I forgot for the most part, although it will be very easy to refresh my memory.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2013, 04:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Mar 26 2013, 11:41 AM) *
Sounds good! smile.gif I will post my first lesson in a couple of days. Probably something easy'ish to start with smile.gif. I will have to assess my current technical level and then pick exercises for the routine based on it. This I'm also going to do in the next day or two.

Well I knew a lot of theory a couple of years ago, but not using it made me forget some of it smile.gif. I know the construction and usage of diatonic and pentatonic scales, harmonizing them, I understand modes and can use them, I know how to construct chords (all those 7, add9, 13 etc.) and what scales to use over chord progressions. I've known some stuff like secondary dominants and chord substitutions, but those I forgot for the most part, although it will be very easy to refresh my memory.

It's enough! Let's start analyzing music! Please post here 5 of your favourite songs.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Mar 26 2013, 04:18 PM
Uh, it will be hard to choose just 5 smile.gif. Do you want me to post 5 songs of rougly the same style or I can choose diverse tracks?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2013, 05:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Mar 26 2013, 12:18 PM) *
Uh, it will be hard to choose just 5 smile.gif. Do you want me to post 5 songs of rougly the same style or I can choose diverse tracks?

hahaha post more if you want, and feel free regarding the style.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Mar 27 2013, 04:05 PM
Ok, let's try this smile.gif

Andy James is my favorite guitarist right now and I really like his last EP

I'm totally in love with this song (don't hit me for it! biggrin.gif)

My favorite metal bands are still Nightwish and Dream Theater

I really like game/movie soundtracks, and this Castlevania's soundtrack is one of my favorites

It's hard to choose only 5 tracks as I seem to like almost all music. I found that lately I'm starting to get into electronic music and the sound of it, but the process is very slow smile.gif.

Oh, and I really love good remixes of old game music! Like this:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2013, 07:22 PM
Instructor
Awesome and tricky list! Ok, we will use this template to analyse songs:

Name of the song:
Name of the band:

Structure // What is happening? // Chords & Scales

Structure: You will divide the tune in Intro - Riff - Verse - Pre chorus- - Chorus - Solo - Part C and so... You can add the letters A, B, C to the sections when you find different ones in the same tune (Ex: Verse A, Verse B, Chorus, Solo A, Solo)

what is happening?: Here you will describe each part. You can explain how is the part, if it has vocals, screams, melodies, harmonizations, how much is last, how many measures, etc. Every information that could be useful to understand the part.

Chords & Scales: Here you will post the tonality, the chord progression and the scales used for the melodies and solos.

Let me know if you have any question.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Mar 27 2013, 09:17 PM
Ok good! smile.gif What song should I start with? I'm thinking of starting with Sahara, it seems quite simple. The only problem is that it's in non-standart tuning I think.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2013, 01:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Mar 27 2013, 05:17 PM) *
Ok good! smile.gif What song should I start with? I'm thinking of starting with Sahara, it seems quite simple. The only problem is that it's in non-standard tuning I think.

Let's go for this one because the structure is simpler than the other ones. Don't worry about tuning, you can use standard to analyse it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Mar 29 2013, 06:05 AM
Hi Gab!

I was thinking about my routine and decided that it would probably be good to exercise creativity and write some kind of AP etude to practice the technique. I've come up with this chord progression, but can't seem to find the right chord for the last bar. What do you think would be the most logical choice here?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  progression.gp5 ( 2.75K ) Number of downloads: 78

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2013, 07:40 PM
Instructor
Nice progression!I tried many variations and the only one that worked for me is D#/B. It doesn't sound bad if you get back to Am instead of modulating to Em. Have you tried it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
May 29 2013, 03:39 PM
Hi Gab!

Well, I've finished my thesis for the most part, so now I have time for guitar again! smile.gif I'm going to continue right where I left.
Despite my efforts to keep hands in shape, I haven't played for a week now, and yesterday after a short (1-2 hr) practice my left hand wrist and fingers felt sore, and pinky started twitching huh.gif . Hope it is nothing serious and is just a result of using the muscles which I haven't used for some time.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2013, 04:24 PM
Instructor
Welcome back!! Remember always to do the stretches and warming up. Here you have some ideas:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Jun 1 2013, 06:24 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 30 2013, 06:24 PM) *
Welcome back!! Remember always to do the stretches and warming up. Here you have some ideas:

Hi Gab!

I've used to do these exercises as warmup a few years ago, but lately I just play something not technically challenging as my warmup and after 5-10 minutes start playing hard stuff. I've also tried using another warmup routine - playing 2 notes per string with all combinations of fingers - but it felt more like a workout than warmup biggrin.gif.

I'm going to record a take on Stoner collab soon, but first I need to heal up an annoying blister on my left hand index finger (those double stop vibratos are merciless!). Meanwhile I'm going to start with the analysis of the songs smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2013, 05:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Jun 1 2013, 02:24 AM) *
Hi Gab!

I've used to do these exercises as warmup a few years ago, but lately I just play something not technically challenging as my warmup and after 5-10 minutes start playing hard stuff. I've also tried using another warmup routine - playing 2 notes per string with all combinations of fingers - but it felt more like a workout than warmup biggrin.gif.

I'm going to record a take on Stoner collab soon, but first I need to heal up an annoying blister on my left hand index finger (those double stop vibratos are merciless!). Meanwhile I'm going to start with the analysis of the songs smile.gif.

Hi mate, this sounds like a great plan for me! Looking forward it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:24 PM