Drum Circle
VinceG
Jan 30 2009, 07:47 AM
GMC:er
Have you guys ever been to a drum circle? Maybe between friends or strangers, or a community drum circles? What do you take on it? I found a group of people through internet (Meetups.com) about a drum circle, and since Im on a rut of miserable, I decided to meet new people... what better way than to do it on a free environment of drum playing. Im wondering if theres any pointers for you avid drum circle goers on a beginner like me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jan 30 2009, 07:49 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 30 2009, 12:26 PM
Instructor
Bring your sticks..
:-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 30 2009, 12:26 PM
Instructor
Hmm.. I have never even heard of such things before. What do you actually do there?

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 30 2009, 12:45 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Jan 30 2009, 11:26 AM) *
Hmm.. I have never even heard of such things before. What do you actually do there?

nor me either, what exactly is it?

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 30 2009, 12:51 PM
Modern hippies^^, No, they sit in a circle and just jam out to your own rythm. Mostly with djemb'es or bongo's!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 30 2009, 12:53 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 30 2009, 11:51 AM) *
Modern hippies^^, No, they sit in a circle and just jam out to your own rythm. Mostly with djemb'es or bongo's!

ahh I see, well its a new one on me, sorry smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 30 2009, 01:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 30 2009, 01:51 PM) *

Oh, I see smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 30 2009, 08:05 PM
hah, iits mostly associated with hippies back in 70's, but these days its a nationality of different people and culture coming together in one circle and playing hand drums. Its really fascinating.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 30 2009, 08:06 PM
HAvent you guys seen the south park episode, where Cartman is "defending" the earth against the hippie's and their drum-circles? It's a great episode. They end the hippies by making them listen to slayer, Raining Blood biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 31 2009, 12:08 AM
I don't know anything about drum circles. I once did a sweat lodge type thing where a 'talking stick' was passed around. Whoever had the stick had 'open mic' so to speak to bare their soul. Heard some really crazy stuff that night! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 31 2009, 01:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 30 2009, 09:06 PM) *
HAvent you guys seen the south park episode, where Cartman is "defending" the earth against the hippie's and their drum-circles? It's a great episode. They end the hippies by making them listen to slayer, Raining Blood biggrin.gif

Oh yes, seen it about 10 times (like every South Park episode) I'm a huge fan of the series biggrin.gif and that's a very funny episode laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:49 PM