2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Need A Pedal, gear
Grace
Sep 21 2012, 11:57 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys smile.gif

I'm looking for a multi-effect guitar pedal and the only one I've used before is the Line 6 Floor POD Plus Guitar Effect Pedal because my brother has it and I think it's pretty cool. The price is $199.99 which I think is great, but I was wondering if this is the one I should go for or if there's something even better for the same price or less. Any suggestions?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 22 2012, 01:08 AM
For the price thats's a very spiff choice. Its god a pod and pedal board and wah/volume in once chasis. Easy to cary and gig with. Try several multi pedals if possible though before buying. Just find a music store and give them a price range and they'll point you to whats in stock and such.

QUOTE (Grace @ Sep 21 2012, 06:57 PM) *
Hey guys smile.gif

I'm looking for a multi-effect guitar pedal and the only one I've used before is the Line 6 Floor POD Plus Guitar Effect Pedal because my brother has it and I think it's pretty cool. The price is $199.99 which I think is great, but I was wondering if this is the one I should go for or if there's something even better for the same price or less. Any suggestions?

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 22 2012, 01:20 AM
Will do smile.gif thanks for the suggestion Todd see you tomorrow shred master!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 24 2012, 06:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Sep 21 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Hey guys smile.gif

Attached Image

For the money you can't go wrong! Line 6 is making great stuff and you will get a multi effects unit! Good choice! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2012, 08:08 AM
Instructor
199 bucks is a very good price but, my question is, what would you like to do with it - gig, or just play at home? Because if you want to play at home, the Guitar port from lin 6 is cheaper (99 bucks) and it comes with the Gear Box, a software for guitar amp emulation and effects, which if tweaked a little, can sound incredibly good!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 24 2012, 08:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Line 6 is good for recording, definitely. I wouldn't recommend anything other than a good tube amp with pedals (if you need them) for live performance though - I've tried using my HD 500 through my amp and despite all the things i"ve done to try to get it to sound good (even through my tube amp), I haven't really found a sweet spot for my personal taste. But for DI recording, Line 6 is pretty awesome at simulating cabs ~ and you're not gonna find a good floor pedal for less than what you posted. Cosmin's recommendation is likely a winner too ~ as he says, it really depends on what you you're trying to do. I haven't found a silver bullet solution yet, but if someone finds one for less than 1K, lemme know biggrin.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2012, 08:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Sep 24 2012, 07:29 AM) *
Line 6 is good for recording, definitely. I wouldn't recommend anything other than a good tube amp with pedals (if you need them) for live performance though - I've tried using my HD 500 through my amp and despite all the things i"ve done to try to get it to sound good (even through my tube amp), I haven't really found a sweet spot for my personal taste. But for DI recording, Line 6 is pretty awesome at simulating cabs ~ and you're not gonna find a good floor pedal for less than what you posted. Cosmin's recommendation is likely a winner too ~ as he says, it really depends on what you you're trying to do. I haven't found a silver bullet solution yet, but if someone finds one for less than 1K, lemme know biggrin.gif

Take it from a man with experience! Well said, Chris! Very well said!

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 24 2012, 06:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
I personally agree, BUT for some players....a live digital rig will do just fine, and save $$/confusion for some.

But I'm certainly partial to the tube-tone, and individual botique pedals. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Sep 24 2012, 12:29 AM) *

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 24 2012, 07:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (derper @ Sep 24 2012, 10:51 AM) *
I personally agree, BUT for some players....a live digital rig will do just fine, and save $$/confusion for some.

But I'm certainly partial to the tube-tone, and individual botique pedals. biggrin.gif

yup ~ tone is a personal thing for sure!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 24 2012, 09:54 PM
Hmm you got a good point there Cosmin I have to check what is most useful to me at this point...you all have great suggestions and advice so thank you guys smile.gif now I got some more research to do and soon I will go to a music store probably Guitar Center or Sam Ash and find what's best for me at the moment. This is veeery helpful smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 24 2012, 10:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
Also, though GC and the big guys can be a great place to get ideas or some specific stuff.... I tend to encourage people to shop their local guitar shop. Usually, you'll get better service and personalized attention and suggestions. And it helps your local economy because the profits stay local too. Plus, it's fun to build that relationship with a local place as well! Even when I can save money online, I go to my fav shop in Portland because I love to help keep their doors open. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Grace @ Sep 24 2012, 01:54 PM) *
Hmm you got a good point there Cosmin I have to check what is most useful to me at this point...you all have great suggestions and advice so thank you guys smile.gif now I got some more research to do and soon I will go to a music store probably Guitar Center or Sam Ash and find what's best for me at the moment. This is veeery helpful smile.gif

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 24 2012, 10:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (derper @ Sep 24 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Also, though GC and the big guys can be a great place to get ideas or some specific stuff.... I tend to encourage people to shop their local guitar shop. Usually, you'll get better service and personalized attention and suggestions. And it helps your local economy because the profits stay local too. Plus, it's fun to build that relationship with a local place as well! Even when I can save money online, I go to my fav shop in Portland because I love to help keep their doors open. biggrin.gif

oh you're in Portland. Next time I'm there, I'll look ya up. I usually go there at least once a year.

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 24 2012, 10:22 PM
QUOTE (derper @ Sep 24 2012, 09:08 PM) *

Wow never thought of that before smile.gif good idea!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 24 2012, 11:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
I am going to make some mad, but, just wanted to warn you from the boss mutli effects, they have great effects but their distortions get tinty sounding when you start to drive them in your style ( that I believe you are looking for)
I have had good luck running these pedals through tube amps in a live situation however
I agree with many here, try as many as you can with your guitar and even same amp if possible
and a mistake I see to often is guitarists trying to sound like a cd when cd's get to much bass overtones , then the guitar sort of gets lost
remember its your money and you should be able to try everything in the store ( and even walk out with nothing)

your fake friend wink.gif

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 24 2012, 11:59 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 24 2012, 10:51 PM) *
I am going to make some mad, but, just wanted to warn you from the boss mutli effects, they have great effects but their distortions get tinty sounding when you start to drive them in your style ( that I believe you are looking for)
I have had good luck running these pedals through tube amps in a live situation however
I agree with many here, try as many as you can with your guitar and even same amp if possible
and a mistake I see to often is guitarists trying to sound like a cd when cd's get to much bass overtones , then the guitar sort of gets lost
remember its your money and you should be able to try everything in the store ( and even walk out with nothing)

your fake friend wink.gif

Well now you're a real true friend wink.gif lol thanks for the advice smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
Indeed, tried and tested is the BEST way to go smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2012, 09:27 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 25 2012, 03:00 AM) *
Indeed, tried and tested is the BEST way to go smile.gif

Yup. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! smile.gif Don't be sucked in by good reviews or prices. Make sure to actually play it with a guitar similar to yours with an amp similar to yours. Don't let the music store guy pull high end guitar off the wall and put it through a Mesa Boogie on the clean channel to demo an fx pedal. You'll get home and it won't quite sound the same smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 30 2012, 03:40 PM
So guys, I showed my dad the gear I was checking out and he found something that he wanted me to have which I will be getting this week!! I thought about it and this will definitely come in veeeery handy and is better than what I was checking out! So here it is biggrin.gif

Line 6 Spider IV 75 75W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

Attached Image

Can't wait to get it!
If anyone has it feel free to comment smile.gif
And thank you all very much for the help!!

This post has been edited by Grace: Sep 30 2012, 03:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2012, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Hey Grace! Looking good! Have you tried it? I am not a fan of amps having effects and all that, so my opinion does not make a difference here biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Oct 1 2012, 11:59 PM
Learning Tone Master

Don't give away my secrets!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 25 2012, 01:27 PM) *
Don't let the music store guy pull high end guitar off the wall and put it through a Mesa Boogie on the clean channel to demo an fx pedal. You'll get home and it won't quite sound the same smile.gif

Todd

I actually hear great things about this series. Again, I'm "with Cosmin", meaning that I personally play analog effect/tube amp. BUT, it took years to get to the point where I could hear/feel a difference, and it cost more $$ (usually) when compared to options like a Line 6.

Does your amp come with/will you get the floorboard controller to control the onboard effects? You might want/need if you're playing out.

ENJOY the new rig!! That Line 6 series is popular for a reason. Many tone/effects options, and good quality for a good price. And if you ever "outgrow" it, or want to do a different route for YOUR tone.... well, it's all part of the life long learning experience.

Congrats on the new gear!! Hope you love it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Grace @ Sep 30 2012, 07:40 AM) *
So guys, I showed my dad the gear I was checking out and he found something that he wanted me to have which I will be getting this week!! I thought about it and this will definitely come in veeeery handy and is better than what I was checking out! So here it is biggrin.gif

Line 6 Spider IV 75 75W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

Attached Image

Can't wait to get it!
If anyone has it feel free to comment smile.gif
And thank you all very much for the help!!

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:44 PM