3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
What Band/player Isn't Covered At Gmc?, requests topic...
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 12 2012, 10:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 11 2012, 05:39 PM) *
Great idea Fran! Their guitar work is really interesting to be analysed.

Good ideas mate! and yes, Cosmin is the man for the RED lesson!

biggrin.gif Ok, he is, he is biggrin.gif

Ok! smile.gif

Machine head rocks! Their riffing is so cool and groovy. I'll add this one to the list.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 13 2012, 02:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
I forgot about one very important potential lesson....

QUEEN/BRIAN MAY!!! Might as well just transcribe and do a lesson on an actual solo if possible, as opposed to "in the style of". Brian does have a killer style, but it's more about learning those classic licks!!

Sorry, heard some queen on the radio and immediately thought...."I need to learn that!!"

So many influences, and so little time!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2012, 05:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 12 2012, 10:56 PM) *

QUEEN/BRIAN MAY!!! Might as well just transcribe and do a lesson on an actual solo if possible, as opposed to "in the style of". Brian does have a killer style, but it's more about learning those classic licks!!

Sorry, heard some queen on the radio and immediately thought...."I need to learn that!!"

Yeah man! You're right, Brian May has an unique style and he really deserves a very deep analysis. Thanks for the request! wink.gif

Have you checked this videos?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Zeventh
Feb 16 2012, 12:46 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 13 2012, 05:09 AM) *
Yeah man! You're right, Brian May has an unique style and he really deserves a very deep analysis. Thanks for the request! wink.gif

Have you checked this videos?

wow, cool video! Brian may would be really great to see, cant wait!! always loved the way he plays the guitar smile.gif

This post has been edited by Zeventh: Feb 16 2012, 12:46 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2012, 01:49 AM
QUOTE (llibach @ Feb 10 2012, 05:56 PM) *
So is it gonna be you or Todd who tries to capture the maddness. smile.gif

Both! Then we will turn it in to a big COLLAB! smile.gif That would be pretty spiff!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 16 2012, 09:38 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
So many great suggestions!
From the already mentioned bands, The Cure and Deep Purple would be really awesome.
Great to hear that a Deftones lesson is in the making, Cosmin smile.gif
I'd also love to see a lesson in the style of The Hives, since you are covering indie rock anyway at the moment, Gabriel smile.gif

I think we could use more lessons in the style of german bands...I volunteer to work on those laugh.gif Request are welcome wink.gif

And a lesson on the style "Psychobilly" would be nice...wink.gif

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Feb 16 2012, 09:38 AM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 09:41 AM
Instructor
I am currently working on an Andy Timmons style lesson, a John Mayer style lesson and a Deftones style tongue.gif and the ones coming up next month are ready, a nice little spicy solo and a HUGE chugging riff meant to tear down your house walls tongue.gif

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
Feb 22 2012, 04:44 PM
Learning Roadie
WE NEED SOME DEATH/Chuck Suldiner!!!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 22 2012, 10:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 13 2012, 02:56 AM) *

I recently did a "Queen style" lesson, but in contrast to pre-existing solo lessons, this time the emphasis is on BM riffing. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Feb 22 2012, 11:39 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Alex Skolnicks lead work in the early Testament records! Legacy... The new order... Or a Testament riff lesson on those early albums as well. Would be really cool!

I'm thinking Ben is the man for the job??? But whoever is up for it... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 23 2012, 07:08 AM
Learning Roadie
One for Gabriel and maybe as part of his Indie series, because how can you have an Indie series without Johnny Marr of the Smiths, so much great rhythm work to be analysed it may take a few lessons!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 23 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Feb 22 2012, 10:39 PM) *
Alex Skolnicks lead work in the early Testament records! Legacy... The new order... Or a Testament riff lesson on those early albums as well. Would be really cool!

I'm thinking Ben is the man for the job??? But whoever is up for it... smile.gif

I'll look into this ! Good idea wink.gif

+Quote Post
megadethklok66
Feb 28 2012, 05:01 AM
how about doing some songs from the band dethklok? the guitar parts are pretty sick and i wanna learn alot from their style

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 8 2012, 02:42 PM) *
Hey guys! As you know I use to work a lot doing "in the style of..." lessons so this thread is to say what bands or guitar players aren't covered here and you think that we should do it.... do you have any one in mind?
I'm also working on series based on specific styles and genres so you can also say what styles you would like to see covered... smile.gif

--------------------
THEY CANT STOP US LET EM TRY FOR HEAVY METAL WE WILL DIE!!!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2012, 09:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (megadethklok66 @ Feb 28 2012, 01:01 AM) *
how about doing some songs from the band dethklok? the guitar parts are pretty sick and i wanna learn alot from their style

Why not man? Maybe Ben, Cosmin or even myself can work on something. Thanks for the request!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Feb 28 2012, 11:14 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 23 2012, 10:41 AM) *
I'll look into this ! Good idea wink.gif

Awesome Ben!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2012, 01:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 28 2012, 08:06 AM) *
Why not man? Maybe Ben, Cosmin or even myself can work on something. Thanks for the request!

Dethklok biggrin.gif the cartoon band?

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 28 2012, 07:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome Sinisa! I'll search through your lessons and check it out!

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Feb 22 2012, 01:10 PM) *
I recently did a "Queen style" lesson, but in contrast to pre-existing solo lessons, this time the emphasis is on BM riffing. smile.gif

Yep! But I also think they are a "real" band..... basically, the writer and director Brenden Small is responsible for the music as well (also writer/director/music for "Home Movies" and "Dr Katz"). They also took it to the stage as a live band as well.... Dethklok Wiki

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 28 2012, 04:51 AM) *
Dethklok biggrin.gif the cartoon band?

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 29 2012, 01:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 28 2012, 07:12 PM) *
Awesome Sinisa! I'll search through your lessons and check it out!

Currently in the lobby, it's not yet published, will be soon ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:32 PM