> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Opetholic Technical Guitar Journey
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 30 2014, 09:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Mar 30 2014, 03:13 PM) *
How about this one??

Heh! Let's take it to the REC smile.gif It could have more interpretation, but that's a very subjective affirmation - I think you are doing a very nice job here! C'mon smile.gif I'll meet you there!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 6 2014, 06:32 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin, here is take 1 of my earlier assignment. John Mayer Style Ballad.. Unfortunately I am not able to combine movies so that's why only the lead guitar part is on the video.
Let me know what you think. Am I playing this ok??

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2014, 10:35 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert!

Your articulation has improved A LOT! My sincerest congrats biggrin.gif

Mate, the only things I can say are the following:

- the bend done from an already bent note around 0:35 should be smoother - maybe not even picked biggrin.gif
- you are playing with the same dynamics all the time smile.gif By this, I mean that all the notes are having the same intensity - please listen to the original recording to see and hear which are the more silent/soft ones, deal?

Very nice!! Keep it up like this and you will be a killer player - you are already a VERY technical one biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 7 2014, 08:39 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin, thank you for the nice words smile.gif I still don't recognize my articulation getting better, I need to practice more..
Here is another take. Is this better?? What do you think??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 8 2014, 07:52 AM
Instructor
Hehe!

Mert you are a fast learner. You are getting better, but as I always say - articulation is not something that grows over night smile.gif You got the idea of dynamics, but now you need to polish it - I would start with not vibrating the notes so early on. Play the note that will be vibrated and then, let it breathe a bit before actually vibrating it, deal?

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 12 2014, 09:41 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin, in the meantime I am having fun with this alternate picking exercise:
[attachment=36691:Movie.mov]
I have to remind myself that I am an ok player. All the articulation lessons make me feel very down and like a very bad player.. I am just so bad at it..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2014, 10:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Apr 12 2014, 08:41 AM) *
Hey Cosmin, in the meantime I am having fun with this alternate picking exercise:
[attachment=36691:Movie.mov]
I have to remind myself that I am an ok player. All the articulation lessons make me feel very down and like a very bad player.. I am just so bad at it..

Man, stop that! You are NOT a bad player - you are a good player who's learning constantly and improving himself! That's how you ought to think! The exercise still needs a bit of polishing, especially on the arpeggios, but it's almost there man. It's a piece of work anyway, so be patient, alright? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 13 2014, 10:01 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin, yea I know but it gets frustrating sometimes.. But I know that in order to be better I definitely need to improve my articulation. So I won't give up on that.. Do you know the AP lesson I posted then? It is another difficult Muris lesson smile.gif I will just casually practice it, who knows maybe one day I play it up to tempo.. But I think it is a bit beyond my capabilities to be honest..

Ok back to John Mayer Ballad. I tried to get the notes to breathe more following your advice. Do you feel any difference?? Let me know

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 13 2014, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Mert! The approach is very good - but it seems like your guitar is a little bit out of tune? Somewhere around 0:14 - that note that is just being held, not bent, sounds somehow under the pitch. I guess it could, be that string only? I haven't heard that AP lesson you posted, but it sounds like a nasty business smile.gif Especially now that I know it is Muris' work..

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Apr 13 2014, 09:01 AM) *
Hey Cosmin, yea I know but it gets frustrating sometimes.. But I know that in order to be better I definitely need to improve my articulation. So I won't give up on that.. Do you know the AP lesson I posted then? It is another difficult Muris lesson smile.gif I will just casually practice it, who knows maybe one day I play it up to tempo.. But I think it is a bit beyond my capabilities to be honest..

Ok back to John Mayer Ballad. I tried to get the notes to breathe more following your advice. Do you feel any difference?? Let me know

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 20 2014, 09:30 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin, you are absolutely right, my guitar is out of tune. I am ashamed smile.gif I will post a new take soon. In the meantime, check this out:
Attached File  Movie.mov ( 7.03MB ) Number of downloads: 126

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 20 2014, 09:26 PM
Instructor
Wow! Dude! This was awesome smile.gif I think you are ALMOST there. A few choked notes, but all in all this is a great rendition! My sincerest congrats! No worries, get the guitar in tune and you will sort out that piece wink.gif I also noticed that your sweeping technique is pretty much uber improved! You see? What did I tell you some time ago? smile.gif

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Apr 20 2014, 08:30 AM) *
Hey Cosmin, you are absolutely right, my guitar is out of tune. I am ashamed smile.gif I will post a new take soon. In the meantime, check this out:
Attached File  Movie.mov ( 7.03MB ) Number of downloads: 126

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 21 2014, 09:36 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Cosmin thanks for the nice words smile.gif I feel like my sweeping improved yes but I still do that unnecessary right hand motion, I can't avoid it, especially at high tempos.. I am upset about that.. This piece by Muris, man I am actually right now playing it only at 110 bpm, it has to go up to 150 bpm biggrin.gif I don't think I can make it.. I decided to increase it 5bpm every week, lets see how that goes.. But I love it..

Ok getting back to serious business, here is my next take of John Mayer lesson. What do you think of this one?? The more I think of it the more it makes sense to do the vibrato after waiting a bit. Feels more controlled also. I like it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 22 2014, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Holy ... dude, that's fast laugh.gif

If you have enough patience, you will get there for sure smile.gif I have no doubts about it wink.gif

Now, regarding the mayer lesson - your vibrato is getting better and better indeed! Congrats, but please take care of the bends - there are a few that sound a bit uncertain smile.gif and also, it still seems like the guitar is out of tune - see sec 0:13 - that note on which you land on the G string smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 22 2014, 06:23 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin thanks for the feedback..
I will see what I can do about the bends to make them sound more sure.
About the note on the G string, man, I really made sure my guitar was in tune this time, I even checked it with that note specially.. Could it be that the arpeggios in the background are out of tune and therefore we feel like the relative gap is wrong?? Although I must say I can't feel that it is out of tune this time tongue.gif What can I do about it?? Do you think it is slightly flat or slightly sharp??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 23 2014, 06:57 AM
Instructor
Why don't you check it out by playing against the original recording? smile.gif My guitar is in tune and you can use it as a land mark to see whether you are flat or sharp - what say you? It could also be that the background arpeggios were recorded when the guitar was a bit out of tune - but you can hear it, can you? I mean that note on the G string smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 27 2014, 09:45 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Ok Cosmin, I will investigate what's going on. I guess I will rerecord the backing arpeggios with better tuning also..
In the meantime at 110bpm biggrin.gif I think I will practice this at this tempo for another week..
Attached File  Movie.mov ( 7.78MB ) Number of downloads: 88

This post has been edited by Opetholic: Apr 27 2014, 09:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 27 2014, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Not bad at all smile.gif That bend around 0:33 should be taken care of and the phrases before it as well - they could be a bit cleaner, but this is a difficult piece mate! No worries, focus and practice and it will be there!

But, I was curious of something - what are you going to do with all this technique you are learning? I haven't heard you talking about writing anything so far smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 27 2014, 02:26 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Good question Cosmin, I don't know.. I am a very frustrated guitar player. I have so many things in my mind, so much emotion that could go into a lot of music, I just can't put them down and play them on the guitar.. Also still my technique is not good enough to play like music that inspires me. For example Andy James inspires me a lot. A lot of people say they can't listen to it more than a few pieces or even minutes, I can listen to his music for hours and every time it amazes me and I get something new out of it.. I can't play like that though you see smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2014, 07:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Apr 27 2014, 01:26 PM) *
Good question Cosmin, I don't know.. I am a very frustrated guitar player. I have so many things in my mind, so much emotion that could go into a lot of music, I just can't put them down and play them on the guitar.. Also still my technique is not good enough to play like music that inspires me. For example Andy James inspires me a lot. A lot of people say they can't listen to it more than a few pieces or even minutes, I can listen to his music for hours and every time it amazes me and I get something new out of it.. I can't play like that though you see smile.gif

Why do you want to play like him? He already does it smile.gif You are doing nothing else but frustrating yourself over being an eagle when you are actually a shark - you can swim and have great jaws smile.gif You get my meaning, right?

If you will keep doing this to yourself instead of starting to explore the music in you with your skills and knowledge AT THIS TIME, you will only end up frustrated and battered, music will not be a thing you like and you will resent it. So, pull up yer guts and let's see how you can start writing something of your own - deal?

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 26 2014, 02:33 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,

Long time no see. I thought about what you told me and with a lot of difficulty recorded some of my ideas. They are nothing concrete but here you are, first time you hear smile.gif I don't know what exactly I am trying to tell with this music but this is what I feel like playing when I grab my guitar.. Apart from the Andy James stuff which I can't play biggrin.gif
Attached File  idea2_2.mp3 ( 8.2MB ) Number of downloads: 86

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:49 AM