2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Message from Kris - WE'RE BACK UP!! :)
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 26 2006, 07:24 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Rob_g)
its great to be back, and I'm not sure if i read correctly but i think someone wrote that kris wont be making anymore lessons that are free? So i'm guessing that from now on all the free lessons will be guest lessons?

On a second thought, I might do more free lessons, but not as often. Main focus will be here. Now I'm off to do some johnsonisms. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Screaming Solo
Apr 27 2006, 08:13 PM
GMC:er
great to see the forum is back up

i'm not really sure about my playing, lately i havnt been playing as much, my improvisation has improved alot, but recently i've just been stuck in a rut as well

i havn't really been "practicing" like i should either, but for some reason or another, my playing has become a bit faster/cleaner the past month or so. I'd probably attribute that to improving, and running through scales all the time

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tank
Apr 28 2006, 01:04 PM
GMC Veteran
Hiya Kris,

Been gigging quite a bit. Practising a lot at the moment, I'm attempting to write 200 original licks, so I've got an extra hour a day practise developing that. Other than that, we're moving house soon, so we've been packing all the kids stuff away.

T

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 28 2006, 04:42 PM
GMC Founder
What's with the 200 licks? :shock

+Quote Post
Tank
Apr 28 2006, 04:50 PM
GMC Veteran
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl)
What's with the 200 licks? :shock

I've just decided that if I want to really improvise on stage, I need to stop bouncing up and down the pentatonics and 3nps scales like a wounded mouse, and write some licks specific to each area i.e. over maj7th, minor-add6. So I spend one or two days on each and write as many licks only using the notes I've restricted myself to for that day. Arpeggios, difficult fingerings are all in. It's an interesting experiment.

Hope it bloody well works!!!!!!

T

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 28 2006, 04:54 PM
GMC Founder
Sounds like a very smart thing to do - make sure you dont put them down until you really can improvise around with them.

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Apr 29 2006, 01:31 AM
Hey kris, i think you should put the link to this forum in the main page of the site, so we can get in here easier and faster.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 29 2006, 12:15 PM
GMC Founder
Yes I will soon make the forum link active! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Confusion
Apr 30 2006, 12:08 AM
hey guys, feels good to be back here

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 30 2006, 09:10 AM
GMC Founder
Hey Wellcome back confusion! smile.gif

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Apr 30 2006, 03:52 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl)
QUOTE (Rob_g)
its great to be back, and I'm not sure if i read correctly but i think someone wrote that kris wont be making anymore lessons that are free? So i'm guessing that from now on all the free lessons will be guest lessons?

Wellcome back Rob biggrin.gif , yes the upcoming free lessons will rely on guest submissions. However, there are substantial costs involved in having a big site made out of video files. So unfortunately the future of freelicks is not in the free section.

All the free videos will however remain, which still makes it the largest free video lesson site (to my knowledge).

/Kris

So are you still going to make solos, songs, and licks of other artists? for free? Or are you just going to focus on masterclass?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 1 2006, 08:37 AM
GMC Founder
On a second thought, I might do more free lessons, but not as often. Main focus will be here. Now I'm off to do some johnsonisms. wink.gif

+Quote Post
ColinMurphy
May 3 2006, 10:58 PM
Hey guys, it's good to be back. Lately I've been trying to get my band together and finishing school work n' what not. Not as much time to really practice hard but I'm going to get back into it. :wink:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:48 AM