5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Marek "gorim" Thread, Uploads and Discussion
Marek Rojewski
Feb 24 2009, 07:20 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi there Monte! I haven't expected the MTP to start so fast, but that's a good surprise:)

So first I will tell a bit about myself..

My name is Marek and I am 22 years old. Years ago I decided to buy a classical guitar. I think it was 8-9 years ago. I learned basic chords, some barre chords, also many songs from tabs. The progress wasn't huge, but stable. 6 years ago I bought my electric guitar, and after few tries with it, I concluded that I sucks and will never be good at playing ( how great is that dry.gif ). After that I stopped learning new things, because I didn't believe in myself and also started dating with my girlfriend ( well ex now for few months after 5 years.. ). Not going into details I haven't learned to much over the years, playing same simple stuff, and learning rarely. The date I joined GMC is more less when the idea to try to learn playing arose again. Since than I improved, not as much as I could, but that is because I have some motivation problems, and also must study hard + work...

1. The weakest spot ( like there was a strong one wink.gif ) It could be said I have no theory knowledge. I still have to learn where are certain notes on the fretboard. When it comes to pentatonic box, I can play all the boxes one after another, so I do know "box shapes". Still the only exercise I did about that was playing them up and down, box after box with the metronome.

2. I think I know how to practice with the metronome, although I don't like it. I rather play along guitar pro, or what I like the most with a backing track. In fact my "practicing" is warming up and after that learning lessons and playing them with backing tracks. I most probably will have to practice with metronome anyhow, as I need to improve my speed.

3. Oh my, that is really a tough question! I am not into shred to much, but if I could play those lvl 10 shred lessons, than I could surely be able to play the easier lessons also...

4. Well, I think that working with someone ( so with You in our situation ) will motivate me to keep stable practicing. I have no strict goals when it comes to my guitar playing. I would like to improve both at rhythm playing and soloing. I am a beginner so all my techniques need improvement, the technique that doesn't appeal to me is sweeping. We can say that rhythm lessons can be the first to concentrate on.

I will write more later, and am willing to answer any questions:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 24 2009, 09:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Marek. Please download the tab in the main thread please. Unless you don't have guitar pro that is. Also, tell me what it is you want to work on first and I will recommend some lessons. Talk soon and check the main board soon for your first assignment. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 24 2009, 10:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Marek. First assignment can be found on the main thread. Post here if you have any questions about it. Also, post here and let me know what you want to start working on with your playing and I'll get you pointed in the right direction. It can be anything. Technique, rhythm etc. Looking forward to working with you! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 24 2009, 10:54 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hello again:) I have tux guitar, so can open guitar pro files without any problems:)

Firstly I will write what lesson I learned/learn.

Carlos Carnillo - Melodic Solo in Gm - we can say this lesson is "learned". The video is already on video responses and upload section.

Jeff Curtis - Melodic Tapping - well the last tapping part is still to be learned up to speed.

Lian Garbino:
- Blind Guardian Style lesson - the fast scale run in the middle is what I can't do in time. Sometimes in 140 bpm I can do it, but most of the time do some mistakes also in that speed.
- Slayer beginner - well it was easy for me and learned it in few takes.

Marcus Siepen:
- Basic Rhythm Guitar - surely it could be played cleaner, but more less "learned". Will have to make a video.
- Black Sabbath Style - control over harmonics is very poor, otherwise quite good. On 130 bpm I play with more feeling, at full speed I play it less "soulfully" I think..
- Pentatonic Solo - also need polishing and speed improvement.

Daniel Robinson:
- George Lynch Style - I think I can play it quite good, will have to make a video also..
- Etude - hmm sweeping parts are terrible, otherwise quite good

Trond Vold:
- Picking Exercise - can play it at 80bpm, at 100 bpm I fail at the last part or even if not - my hand tense up as the speed and concentration is to much for me.
- Rock Solo Beginner - can't do the last pull off ending part.

Gabriel Leopardi:
- Muse Style - can play it, but it need more cleanness for sure.
- Megadeth Style - learned, palm muted middle could be cleaner
- Power Metal Rhythm - still to be learned properly

Pavel Denisjuk:
- Heavy Metal for Beginners 1,2,3 - can be marked as "learned".
- Hand Control - 60-80 bpm backings can do it, faster = mistakes

Kai Muchlenbrunch:
- Downstrokes Only - "learned", but as this lesson is so "headbanging" I am not sure if I play it clean or not:D

There are other lessons that I practiced, but these are the ones I remember well.

I think that something concerning cleanness and speed would be appropriate. Here is a list of lessons ( not all of them ) that I added to my bookmark to practice later, but haven't started/gave it enough attention:
Little Finger Work-out, Alternate Workout, AC/DC Style, Blues Soloing - Beginner, Black Sabbath Style Lesson ( Gabriels one ), Alice in Chains Style Lesson, Joe Satriani Style Rock , Neoclassical Etude #1, Rhythm Exercise.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Feb 24 2009, 10:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 25 2009, 12:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 24 2009, 10:54 PM) *
Hello again:) I have tux guitar, so can open guitar pro files without any problems:)

Firstly I will write what lesson I learned/learn.

Carlos Carnillo - Melodic Solo in Gm - we can say this lesson is "learned". The video is already on video responses and upload section.

Jeff Curtis - Melodic Tapping - well the last tapping part is still to be learned up to speed.

Lian Garbino:
- Blind Guardian Style lesson - the fast scale run in the middle is what I can't do in time. Sometimes in 140 bpm I can do it, but most of the time do some mistakes also in that speed.
- Slayer beginner - well it was easy for me and learned it in few takes.

Marcus Siepen:
- Basic Rhythm Guitar - surely it could be played cleaner, but more less "learned". Will have to make a video.
- Black Sabbath Style - control over harmonics is very poor, otherwise quite good. On 130 bpm I play with more feeling, at full speed I play it less "soulfully" I think..
- Pentatonic Solo - also need polishing and speed improvement.

Daniel Robinson:
- George Lynch Style - I think I can play it quite good, will have to make a video also..
- Etude - hmm sweeping parts are terrible, otherwise quite good

Trond Vold:
- Picking Exercise - can play it at 80bpm, at 100 bpm I fail at the last part or even if not - my hand tense up as the speed and concentration is to much for me.
- Rock Solo Beginner - can't do the last pull off ending part.

Gabriel Leopardi:
- Muse Style - can play it, but it need more cleanness for sure.
- Megadeth Style - learned, palm muted middle could be cleaner
- Power Metal Rhythm - still to be learned properly

Pavel Denisjuk:
- Heavy Metal for Beginners 1,2,3 - can be marked as "learned".
- Hand Control - 60-80 bpm backings can do it, faster = mistakes

Kai Muchlenbrunch:
- Downstrokes Only - "learned", but as this lesson is so "headbanging" I am not sure if I play it clean or not:D

There are other lessons that I practiced, but these are the ones I remember well.

I think that something concerning cleanness and speed would be appropriate. Here is a list of lessons ( not all of them ) that I added to my bookmark to practice later, but haven't started/gave it enough attention:
Little Finger Work-out, Alternate Workout, AC/DC Style, Blues Soloing - Beginner, Black Sabbath Style Lesson ( Gabriels one ), Alice in Chains Style Lesson, Joe Satriani Style Rock , Neoclassical Etude #1, Rhythm Exercise.

Awesome Marek. I love Joe Satriani so let's start with the Satriani Style Rock. smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...ani-style-rock/

Get to work on it and let me know if you need any help with it. smile.gif Let's try and have you post the first 4 bars by Saturday, but feel free to work on as much of it as you woud like. smile.gif Let me know if you have and questions or need any help with this Marek. smile.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Feb 25 2009, 06:33 AM

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 25 2009, 10:09 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I am happy with Your choice Monte:) I will enjoy learning and playing this one. I hope to upload what You expect by Saturday, not later than on Sunday ( I have my last "winter session" exam at the university at Saturday morning ). Should I encounter any problems I will ask here:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 25 2009, 11:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 25 2009, 10:09 AM) *
I am happy with Your choice Monte:) I will enjoy learning and playing this one. I hope to upload what You expect by Saturday, not later than on Sunday ( I have my last "winter session" exam at the university at Saturday morning ). Should I encounter any problems I will ask here:)

Awesome Marek. No worries on the upload. smile.gif You can upload whenever you get a chance. Have fun with the lesson, it looks like a fun one. smile.gif

Marek, are there any lead techniques you would like to start working on? Sweep picking maybe. laugh.gif laugh.gif Just kidding, but let me know if you would like to start working on legato or tapping etc., and I will start looking at some lessons for that. smile.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Feb 25 2009, 11:44 AM

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 26 2009, 04:09 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hmm improving my left hand abilities would come in handy for sure, as I have weak fingers, and I struggle for example with the pull-off ending part in Trond - Rock Solo Beginner lesson. So a bit of legato practice won't be bad for sure:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 26 2009, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 26 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Hmm improving my left hand abilities would come in handy for sure, as I have weak fingers, and I struggle for example with the pull-off ending part in Trond - Rock Solo Beginner lesson. So a bit of legato practice won't be bad for sure:)

Hi Marek,
Are you talking about bar 28 in the Trond lesson? If so tell me at about what tempo can you play that lick without making any mistakes. Tempo of that lesson is 95 bpm. Since you have already worked on that lesson let's just go ahead an perfect it. No need to reinvent the wheel. Is there any way you could post yourself doing a take on that lesson? Any tempo would be fine just let me know what tempo the take is at. This is a good lesson. You can work on the Satch lesson and we'll work on polishing up the Trond lesson. That should keep you plenty busy. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 26 2009, 07:33 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well just sat with guitar for half an hour to check it, and well I can play it up to tempo at 55bpm with GuitarPro, at 75bpm I can't do it. What is more, it surely wasn't played with enough force, I mean the sound wasn't as strong as it should, and after 20 minutes of this "legato test" my hand tensed up and started to ache, but I don't know the right words to describe where:/ "the outside side" of the palm, the connection with the first finger. But well, the pain went away quickly, and it wasn't big, and I had no proper warm up so most probably it just the way it has to be when You have weak fingers, tensed up and pushing the strings without rest. Also it took my a while before I found out how many notes should I play in one metronome click.. So my metronome skills aren't good dry.gif

I am also not able to play the "natural harmonics thingy" in bar 10, but that is "magic" to me..

So should I lower the tempo even more, to practice the 28 bar legato run, so that maybe my hand wouldn't tense up so much, or stay at 55 bpm and increase it gradually from there?

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Feb 26 2009, 07:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 26 2009, 07:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 26 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Well just sat with guitar for half an hour to check it, and well I can play it up to tempo at 55bpm with GuitarPro, at 75bpm I can't do it. What is more, it surely wasn't played with enough force, I mean the sound wasn't as strong as it should, and after 20 minutes of this "legato test" my hand tensed up and started to ache, but I don't know the right words to describe where:/ "the outside side" of the palm, the connection with the first finger. But well, the pain went away quickly, and it wasn't big, and I had no proper warm up so most probably it just the way it has to be when You have weak fingers, tensed up and pushing the strings without rest. Also it took my a while before I found out how many notes should I play in one metronome click.. So my metronome skills aren't good dry.gif

I am also not able to play the "natural harmonics thingy" in bar 10, but that is "magic" to me..

So should I lower the tempo even more, to practice the 28 bar legato run, so that maybe my hand wouldn't tense up so much, or stay at 55 bpm and increase it gradually from there?

No problem Marek, could you post a video of you playing it at 55? That will give me a good idea of where you are at with it and we'll break it all down from there. Let's focus on this lesson for now and if you have extra time you can work on the Satch lesson. Sound OK? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 26 2009, 07:52 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Sounds good, I will do my best to upload the video on the weekend:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 26 2009, 08:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 26 2009, 07:52 PM) *
Sounds good, I will do my best to upload the video on the weekend:)

Cool. I'm looking forward to it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 26 2009, 10:15 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well I had some time, so I recorded me playing the 1 ionian box as You wanted ( up and down, twice ), and all 5 boxes of pentatonic scale ( did one mistake in third box, also up and down ). The file is much bigger than it should, I modified some older "file" and it was long... Anyway it won't take years to hear it.

Attached File  exercise.mp3 ( 4.81MB ) Number of downloads: 181

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 26 2009, 10:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 26 2009, 10:15 PM) *
Well I had some time, so I recorded me playing the 1 ionian box as You wanted ( up and down, twice ), and all 5 boxes of pentatonic scale ( did one mistake in third box, also up and down ). The file is much bigger than it should, I modified some older "file" and it was long... Anyway it won't take years to hear it.

Attached File  exercise.mp3 ( 4.81MB ) Number of downloads: 181

That was good Marek you played in time. On the Ionian box though the tab is phrased in triplets (3 notes per beat). You played everything in 8th notes (2 notes per beat). Any chance you could upload you playing the Ionian box in triplets when you upload the triads portion of this weeks assignment? smile.gif Just want you to get used to playing the different note groupings to the metronome. Thanks Marek and good job!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 26 2009, 10:46 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Sure thing, will do. The triad thing is quite amusing I must admit. Not really familiar with these
shapes. But it can't be difficult can it?tongue.gif

Also I have found a great site with mp3 metronome clicks, here is the link
Wondered how to insert clicking into reaper, and this is exactly what I needed. Will share the site in separate topic also:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 26 2009, 11:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 26 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Sure thing, will do. The triad thing is quite amusing I must admit. Not really familiar with these
shapes. But it can't be difficult can it?tongue.gif

Also I have found a great site with mp3 metronome clicks, here is the link
Wondered how to insert clicking into reaper, and this is exactly what I needed. Will share the site in separate topic also:)

Check the main thread Marek. I recommended a lesson from Andrew on chords and scales. Should clear everything up. If you have any questions let me know and I can explain them more. smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 27 2009, 04:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Marek. smile.gif I'm getting ready to give an assingment for next week and I need your help. Can you look up what notes can be found in the scale of D Major? Thanks dude!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 27 2009, 04:34 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well D, E, F♯, G, A, B, C♯, these are the notes. I had to check Andrew theory lesson for the formula...

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 27 2009, 05:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 27 2009, 04:34 PM) *
Well D, E, F♯, G, A, B, C♯, these are the notes. I had to check Andrew theory lesson for the formula...

You are correct Marek. Thanks dude!! smile.gif Check the main thread over the next couple of days as I am going to elaborate on some things and give you guys a fun assingment. smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:41 AM