Let's Rec And Roll!, March is REC month?
derper
Feb 29 2012, 02:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
Ok, March isn't "official" REC month (unless Kristopher and a 2/3rd majority of the GMC Republic are in agreement!! tongue.gif ), BUT I think it's a great time to put some effort into getting some more REC's out there!!

I was really surprised to see how many of us only have ONE completed REC video!! ohmy.gif And I am one of them!! dry.gif

So, I wanted to start a thread for March in which we encourage each other to complete more REC vids this month!! We all know how beneficial it is, so let's talk about REC's we're working on, REC's we would like to work on, and even post vids of our progress here to stay encouraged and focused!!

Let's start by making a basic goal. In my experience, goals must be challenging yet ATTAINABLE to truly motivate you, so don't go crazy and say "I'll do 20", unless you really have the free time to possibly get there. Think about your schedule this month also....for example, FEB was crunch time for gigs, my GF's birthday (and party), valentines day, and I got engaged!! So, I didn't get as much GMC time in Feb as compared to Jan. But this month, I've only got one gig at the end of the month (rehearsals for at least 3 diff bands, but nothing too demanding) so I'm going to shoot to complete 3. For some of you that may not be much, but 1 of them will be (another goal) "Vivaldi: Winter" which is somewhat difficult (for me). Also, I just got my first recording interface, so in the future I could up my goal and hit it, but for now I'm slow with the programs, and will likely get distracted with the awesome-ness of my new KB37!! tongue.gif

So....is anybody else into this? Dinaga....are you in? I'm going to jump back into your "insane lesson hunt" and work on finishing the Castlevania lesson (probably re-do the WHOLE thing, now that I have an interface) as well as this REC challenge.

And don't forget to COLLAB also!!

REC! REC! REC! REC! Who's with me? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by derper: Feb 29 2012, 02:03 AM

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 29 2012, 02:36 AM
GMC:er
I'm too busy with Ben's bushido tasks to do REC tasks, I'm afraid.

Congratulations on the engagement smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 29 2012, 04:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
No worries Dark Dude, we've all got different practice schedules and paths towards supreme guitar awesomeness!! I'm hoping to get committed to a lesson series (such as Ben's Bushido) in the next few months. For now, I'm going to enjoy the slight break in my commitments, learn my interface, and REC it hardcore this month!!

Maybe I'll see you in Ben's "dojo" in the near future!!

QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 28 2012, 05:36 PM) *
I'm too busy with Ben's bushido tasks to do REC tasks, I'm afraid.

Congratulations on the engagement smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 29 2012, 04:30 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I hear ya dark dude. It's taken me a month (5 tasks) to get one to REC quality, or full speed for that matter.

Derper, I'm with you. I've been tied up with the Bushido course but I'm going to make it a point to be more active over there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 29 2012, 07:08 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thats a challenge now. It takes at last a week to master a REC. I did submit like 5-6 RECs in the last month or so but its really hard unless, you are really doing lessons that are really easy ones. I tend to choose lessons that are harder or I lack skills at hence it takes longer time. The one I am doing has taken me 2 weeks and no where near perfect. I was doing one every week but its really challenging.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 29 2012, 07:28 AM
Learning Roadie
I will try to do at least 3 RECs as well. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 29 2012, 09:30 AM
Instructor
I really like what I'm seeing here biggrin.gif please allow me to grade and grind biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 29 2012, 03:02 PM
Hah, Ben's bushido is all about making as much progress as you can within a week! To those who think he expects you to nail the lesson in 7 days for REC submission, don't be silly tongue.gif

Challenging stuff either way smile.gif

This post has been edited by dark dude: Feb 29 2012, 03:02 PM

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 29 2012, 04:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 29 2012, 02:02 PM) *
Hah, Ben's bushido is all about making as much progress as you can within a week! To those who think he expects you to nail the lesson in 7 days for REC submission, don't be silly tongue.gif

Challenging stuff either way smile.gif

For sure. I was hoping for some REC takes when we started but I realized right away that wasn't going to happen. I struggle to do most of them at half speed, especially just starting but they do get easier as the week goes. I'm now starting to see progress though in other things that I play so the tough weeks are definitely paying off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 29 2012, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 29 2012, 03:23 PM) *
I'm now starting to see progress though in other things that I play so the tough weeks are definitely paying off.

That's awesome, Greg biggrin.gif Keep up the hard work!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:35 PM