Only Amp You Ever Need, If you are ok with playing through a PA
ItSME3
Jan 26 2012, 03:22 PM
GMC:er
My Neighbour got this thing. He is a studio guy. He will sell most of his old equipment now. THis thing here is all he needs. I played around for 1-2 h with that thing and believe me it is amaaaaazing. It really makes such perfect copies of your amps that you wont need the amps any longer. However it has no real power amp so live you need to run it through a PA. Anyway we profiled a dumble clone (ceriatone) and a 65 Amps Empire. Both are really boutique.
The profiles were hardly distinguishable from the original. Ammmaaazing

For you guys that do studio work that thing is just incredible. Some stuff sucks though (slightly instable software, no power amp ) but I guess firmware upgrades will help.

http://kemper-amps.com/page/render/lang/en..._Redefined.html

here a vid that show how this thing reacts to picking dynamics etc. just like the original amp you profiled

http://youtu.be/tvscgj7_IBE

here some presets that the amp comes loaded with were used

http://youtu.be/34D-iEtAW58

nice high gain bogner profile

http://youtu.be/43-RYEGZp-0

and here some nice explanations of the amp

vid 2 and 3 explain the whole profiling process and show showcase some sounds

http://youtu.be/sZWMzwwsVe0
http://youtu.be/ywDUAw7ck8g
http://youtu.be/q1QBwUerxeM

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItSME3: Jan 26 2012, 03:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
The Uncreator
Jan 27 2012, 11:06 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
You know somethings expensive when the refuse to show the price! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jan 27 2012, 11:14 AM
Its 1400 Euros street price in Germany. Quite expensive. That's why I don't buy it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 27 2012, 03:06 PM
Instructor
That's a great concept, we had it on the site some half a year ago when it showed up on some of the shows. I think it's a great concept, but the menu and knobs look a bit confusing, and software looked buggy then too (some delay on the knobs and all that). These are all small problems, I think they are capable of polishing it up smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jan 27 2012, 05:23 PM
Its really not hard to dial in a good tone or operate the thing in general. Whats really awesome is that you can change all kind of parameters on your profiles. THe profile of the 65 amp wie did was so livelike and then you can still change things like adding transients to bring out the pick attack. Incredible

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 27 2012, 05:34 PM
Learning Roadie
That's nice!! Kinda like POD Farm live!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 28 2012, 12:29 AM
Instructor
Very interesting, I'd had it in my possession:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 28 2012, 07:00 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm not sure how accurate and nice it will be once you tweak parameters away from the initial profile, as it's got nothing to base it's data on.

Cosmetically it doesn't look great.

I'll stick with the Axe FX Ultra

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 28 2012, 07:05 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 28 2012, 06:00 AM) *
Cosmetically it doesn't look great.

I'll stick with the Axe FX Ultra

+1 wink.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jun 25 2012, 03:57 PM
tested that thing against an axe fx ultra yesterday. The Kemper wins easily

This post has been edited by ItSME3: Jun 25 2012, 03:58 PM

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 25 2012, 04:11 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (ItSME3 @ Jun 25 2012, 02:57 PM) *

Haven't watched all the youtube videos but how exactly does profiling work ?? Do you actually need the amplifier head you want to profile? That would somehow defile the purpose tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Opetholic: Jun 25 2012, 04:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 25 2012, 04:14 PM
I'll read about it and express my views smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2012, 05:01 PM
Instructor
Interesting machine! I didn't know this one but it seems to be a really good emulator. I have never used the Axe but I can suspect that this one is similar in quality to it. Does anybody have one of these?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 25 2012, 05:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 25 2012, 11:11 AM) *
Haven't watched all the youtube videos but how exactly does profiling work ?? Do you actually need the amplifier head you want to profile? That would somehow defile the purpose tongue.gif

You can download the models other people have copied from their own amps biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 26 2012, 08:42 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (ItSME3 @ Jun 25 2012, 03:57 PM) *

How long have you spent with the Axe Fx, it takes time to learn (there are a lot of parameters for tweaking). Then you factor in the studio quality effects as well, I wouldn't say the Kemper wins easily.

I'm not saying the Kemper is rubbish by any means it sounds great. I don't like the look of it, and can't see why it wasn't made in rack format.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jun 27 2012, 10:30 AM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 26 2012, 07:42 AM) *
How long have you spent with the Axe Fx, it takes time to learn (there are a lot of parameters for tweaking). Then you factor in the studio quality effects as well, I wouldn't say the Kemper wins easily.

I'm not saying the Kemper is rubbish by any means it sounds great. I don't like the look of it, and can't see why it wasn't made in rack format.

ok lets be precise. The amp section alone, sounds imo a lot better in the kemper. Also the equalization and tone shaping is really good. You can def. change the tonal characteristics of your profiles in an absolute musical and organic sounding way. The FX section of the axe FX is no doubt way better than the kemper FX. The Kemper more or less simulates stomp boxes which means they are modeled in the chain before the amp. However the reverbs are really nice and lush. The dist. pedals are ok but not incredibly detailed. But the Kemper also has an FX loop so you can use external FX as my buddy does. Anyway I agree the thing looks not very pleasing. However, he puts it on top of his rack which leads to many questions after concerts according to him smile.gif. So using the Kemper for the amps and the FX from the Axe FX is the ultimate combination.

+Quote Post
JD_
Jun 27 2012, 11:05 AM
Learning Roadie
Honestly there is no one thing that is better than the other. It's all about what sounds good to your ears.

I haven't heard about the Kemper besides this thread. But I can say since the AXE FX2 released a TONE MATCHING program.... it's amazing. send a isolated guitar track of your favorite player to the axe.... then record your guitar, then press a button, and bam you have a near perfect match... Free updates to fix bug's and forum support... You can't lose...

But, each to their own. :-)

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2012, 11:27 AM
NOW THAT IS AWESOME! Sort of putting a bit of KEMPER in to the AXE Effects! Nice smile.gif Once you can do the tone matching, you really do have nearly unlimited tones at your disposal.

The KEMPER technology is great, but I really hope they realease a plugin. Imagine being able to download any amp sound from online and have in your DAW. DROOOOOOOOLLLL!

Todd

QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jun 27 2012, 06:05 AM) *
Honestly there is no one thing that is better than the other. It's all about what sounds good to your ears.

I haven't heard about the Kemper besides this thread. But I can say since the AXE FX2 released a TONE MATCHING program.... it's amazing. send a isolated guitar track of your favorite player to the axe.... then record your guitar, then press a button, and bam you have a near perfect match... Free updates to fix bug's and forum support... You can't lose...

But, each to their own. :-)

QUOTE (ItSME3 @ Jun 27 2012, 05:30 AM) *
ok lets be precise. The amp section alone, sounds imo a lot better in the kemper. Also the equalization and tone shaping is really good. You can def. change the tonal characteristics of your profiles in an absolute musical and organic sounding way. The FX section of the axe FX is no doubt way better than the kemper FX. The Kemper more or less simulates stomp boxes which means they are modeled in the chain before the amp. However the reverbs are really nice and lush. The dist. pedals are ok but not incredibly detailed. But the Kemper also has an FX loop so you can use external FX as my buddy does. Anyway I agree the thing looks not very pleasing. However, he puts it on top of his rack which leads to many questions after concerts according to him smile.gif. So using the Kemper for the amps and the FX from the Axe FX is the ultimate combination.

I actually suggested this same idea in another thread. smile.gif The kemper really does an amazing job with tube emulation and detailed reconstruction of tone. So using a Kemper to replicate a given head, then the axe for routing, effects, etc. would be truly awe inspiring IMHO. But unless one wants to sell a kidney, the price of both is just crazy. Maybe someday smile.gif

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jun 27 2012, 12:59 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2012, 12:55 PM
Instructor
So, if I understand correctly, this is a comparison done on the same track and as the image changes, the device in the image is featured on the soundtrack?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:39 PM