4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Carmine Guitar Mentoring
carminemarotta
Mar 31 2012, 06:36 PM
GMC:er

Alex

here a short impro using Amin and Bmin, as for your suggestion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpiBfXVQPeM

As a bedroom player I never care about improvisation. I am sure it will hel me to play better, but how?

Please let me know your comments.

Take care
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 31 2012, 09:51 PM
Instructor
Great licks! I think you did a very good job!
So here is the reason why it is important to improvise even if your goal is to be a bedroom player!
You will start to understand music better and will be able to analyze solos you are learning!
Plus I want you to be creative and be able to play anything you want!
You never know if someday you will want to record a song or just jam!
Also the exercise I gave you will help you learn pent atomic shapes and develop your timing
I will create a new assignment for you tonight and will add new things you can work on!
Since we started mentoring I see a huge progress in your playing and there is more to come!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 1 2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks Alex.

Have a good sunday
Carmine

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 1 2012, 11:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Apr 1 2012, 10:20 AM) *
Thanks Alex.

Have a good sunday
Carmine

I have a question!!
I would like to know your practicing schedule and routine! It will help me better understand what type of material to give you!
Please let me know how many hours a day you are practicing and what

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 1 2012, 11:47 AM
Hi Alex
Odd enough is a difficult question to answer.
I promised myself to practice one hour a day every day. With a job and a family is not easy, however I manage to play even a bit longer (but someday no guitar at all). Also, my practice is all I do with the guitar so I have to learn and enjoy at the same time. Last, don't know if it helps, during the day, I have time to study without guitar (ie listening to music I want to learn, reading the tab, theory and so on....).
Regarding what, mostly is what i find in this web site, plus from time to time, try to learn (no success so far) my favourite tunes, that is the ultimate goal of my playing. Cosmin is helping me as well (doing some basic rhythm guitar with him) and soon I will have private lessons over Skype a couple of times a month.

Anyway, if I can practice playing part of a tune instead of exercise will be my dream! But I know there are no shortcut in learning
Thanks for asking.

Carmine

This post has been edited by carminemarotta: Apr 1 2012, 12:02 PM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 1 2012, 08:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Apr 1 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Hi Alex
Odd enough is a difficult question to answer.
I promised myself to practice one hour a day every day. With a job and a family is not easy, however I manage to play even a bit longer (but someday no guitar at all). Also, my practice is all I do with the guitar so I have to learn and enjoy at the same time. Last, don't know if it helps, during the day, I have time to study without guitar (ie listening to music I want to learn, reading the tab, theory and so on....).
Regarding what, mostly is what i find in this web site, plus from time to time, try to learn (no success so far) my favourite tunes, that is the ultimate goal of my playing. Cosmin is helping me as well (doing some basic rhythm guitar with him) and soon I will have private lessons over Skype a couple of times a month.

Anyway, if I can practice playing part of a tune instead of exercise will be my dream! But I know there are no shortcut in learning
Thanks for asking.

Carmine

That sounds good!
Let's do that give me one tune that you want to learn I will break it in to exrcises and you can learn your favorite songs and have fun at the same time!!!
Just name a tune and I will make it happen!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 1 2012, 08:42 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 1 2012, 08:27 PM) *
That sounds good!
Let's do that give me one tune that you want to learn I will break it in to exrcises and you can learn your favorite songs and have fun at the same time!!!
Just name a tune and I will make it happen!

Samba pa ti or Another brick in the wall. What do you think??

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 2 2012, 09:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Apr 1 2012, 07:42 PM) *
Samba pa ti or Another brick in the wall. What do you think??

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

The problem is I can't teach you the whole song because of the copyrights but I can teach you licks and phrases that can be turned in to exercises and licks that sounds very similar to the song
What do you say?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 2 2012, 10:55 AM
Instructor
I can give you short licks from Samba Pa Ti like stuff to learn after learning the whole song will be very easy!
Also I will point you to the tab so you can start learning the whole song I can help you but can't post any copyrighted material!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 2 2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks Alex.
looking forward to receive the lesson. I know about the copyright.

regards
Carmine

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 5 2012, 01:03 AM
Instructor
Hi! So I came up with a few licks Santana style!
Here is the tab
Some of them are really tricky so practice them slow using a metronome!
Also I am working on David Gilmore style for you as well! Should be done soon!
E |--------12------------------------------------------|----|
B |--13-15----13---------------------------------------|----|
G |--------------14-12---------------------------------|----|
D |--------------------14-13-12h10----10-12L12L12L12---|----|
A |--------------------------------12------------------|----|
E |----------------------------------------------------|----|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--15----------------13----------------12h---------13h---------12----------13h---
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------12------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------12------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------14h---------12h---------10----------12h-----------

-------------------------------------------------------------------14-----------
----------------------14-------14-----------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------|----|----|----|
-----------------------14------------------------------------|----|----|----|

--10----------------10----------------10----13h10L--|--10---|
--------10----13----------10h---13------------------|-------|
----------------------------------------------------|-------|

--13h10h13h10---------------------------------------|-------|
--------------13h10h13h10---------------------------|-------|
--------------------------12h10h12h10---------------|-------|
--------------------------------------12----10L-----|--10---|

--------------------------5-----5-----------------------------------------------
--------------x-----7-----------------5--7-----------------7h----5--------------
-----------------------------------------------------7-----------------7h----5--

-----------------------|----|
---8h----5-------------|----|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------5-----
--------------------------------------------------------5--------5--------------
--------------------7b----7g----7g----5--------7b-------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------|
---8--------5-------------------------------------------------------|
---------------------8--------7--------5h---------------------------|

----------------------------|----|
--14----14g------------14---|----|

--------------------17----------------------------------------------------------
--19g---------------------------------17b---------------19----------------19g---

------------17------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------17----------------19----------------19g-----------

----17----------------------------------------------------17--------------------
----------------------17----------------19-------------------------19h------17--

----------------------------------------------------|
--------------17----------18----------17------------|
-----19---------------------------------------------|

--19-17-19-17-------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------19-17-------------------------------17----19----19~---------19g---
--------------------19-17-15s---------19----------------------------------------

--------------------||
--------------------||
--------------------||
------19------------||
--------------------||
--------------------||

Attached File  Santana_Style.gp5 ( 3.06K ) Number of downloads: 90

Let me know if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 5 2012, 08:28 AM
Cool. Thanks Alex

Carmine

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 5 2012, 09:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Apr 5 2012, 07:28 AM) *
Cool. Thanks Alex

Carmine

You are welcome!
Let's also analyze a chord progression similar to Samba Pa Ti
G - Bm - Em - Am7 - G - Bm - Em - Am7 - Bmi - Am7 - D
This is the basic Santana chord progression:
I - III - VI - II - I - III - VI - II - III - II - V

So it's all diatonic and easy to play!!! I will create a track for you in a couple of days in the same style using those chords so you can start playing over it!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 13 2012, 04:46 PM
Instructor
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing?
Here is a new backing track I think it's kinda in the style of Santana and it has a nice groove to it!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/01-cmaj-to-gmaj
I wanted to give you a new assignment it's a very good hands workout that will help you connect your hands together!
E ||---------------------------|----------------------------------------|
B ||---------------------------|----------------------------------------|
G ||o5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5----|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5----|
D ||o--------------------------|----------------------------------------|
A ||---------------------------|----------------------------------------|
E ||---------------------------|----------------------------------------|

----------------------------|---------------------------------------|||
--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5----|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--o|||
----------------------------|--------------------------------------o|||

-------------3--3----------|--------------3--3----------|
-------4--4--------4--4----|--------4--4--------4--4----|
o5--5----------------------|--5--5----------------------|
o--------------------------|----------------------------|
---------------------------|----------------------------|

--------------3--3----------|--------------3--3---------|||
--------4--4--------4--4----|--------4--4--------4--4---|||
--5--5----------------------|--5--5--------------------o|||
----------------------------|--------------------------o|||
----------------------------|---------------------------|||

-6--3----------------------|--6--3----------------------|
----------4--6--3----------|-----------4--6--3----------|
o------5-----------5--3----|--------5-----------5--3----|
o--------------------------|----------------------------|

--6--3----------------------|--6--3---------------------|||
-----------4--6--3----------|-----------4--6--3---------|||
--------5-----------5--3----|--------5-----------5--3--o|||
----------------------------|--------------------------o|||

-6--3--------------------6--3----------------------|
----------4--6--3-----------------4--6--3----------|
o------5-----------5--3--------5-----------5--3----|
o--------------------------------------------------|
---------------------------------------------------|

--6--3--------------6--3----------------|
--------4-----------------4-------------|
-----------5--4--3-----------5--4--3----|
----------------------------------------|

--6--3--------------------6--3----------------------|
-----------4--6--3-----------------4--6--3----------|
--------5-----------5--3--------5-----------5--3----|

--6--3--------------6--3---------------|||
--------4-----------------4------------|||
-----------5--4--3-----------5--4--3--o|||
--------------------------------------o|||
---------------------------------------|||
---------------------------------------|||

-6--4--3-------------------------------------------|
-------------------6--4--3-------------------------|
o---------7--5--3--------------------7--5--3-------|
o---------------------------6--5--3----------------|
----------------------------------------------6----|

--------6--5--3-----------------------------3--5----|
--5--3-----------------------------3--5--6----------|
-----------------6--4--3--3--4--6-------------------|

-----------------------4--6--8--3--4--6-------------|
--------------4--6--8--------------------3--4--6----|
-----3--5--7----------------------------------------|
--6-------------------------------------------------|

--6--4--3-------------------------------------------|
--------------------6--4--3-------------------------|
-----------7--5--3--------------------7--5--3-------|
-----------------------------6--5--3----------------|
-----------------------------------------------6----|

--------6--5--3-----------------------------3--5----|
--5--3-----------------------------3--5--6----------|
-----------------6--4--3--3--4--6-------------------|

-----------------------4--6--8--3--4--6------------|||
--------------4--6--8--------------------3--4--6---|||
-----3--5--7--------------------------------------o|||
--6-----------------------------------------------o|||
---------------------------------------------------|||
---------------------------------------------------|||

Attached File  Hands_workout.gp5 ( 4.5K ) Number of downloads: 84

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Apr 13 2012, 04:47 PM

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 13 2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks Alex
I am working on all of your lessons.

Carmine

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 14 2012, 06:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Apr 13 2012, 03:53 PM) *
Thanks Alex
I am working on all of your lessons.

Carmine

Perfect! Let me know if you ned any help!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 18 2012, 10:53 AM
Alex
As you may have seen I am a bit busy with the beginner material now. However I am going through your lesson anyway.

Carmine

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 18 2012, 06:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Apr 18 2012, 09:53 AM) *
Alex
As you may have seen I am a bit busy with the beginner material now. However I am going through your lesson anyway.

Carmine

Hi! I am giving you beginners lessons as well I think combining them together you will get better results!
For instance last assignment I gave you, you can start using as a warm up exercise! Just add it into your routine and do it every day you will see a very big progress very fast!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 18 2012, 08:40 PM
thanks,
I am doing it

Carmine

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 19 2012, 04:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Apr 18 2012, 07:40 PM) *
thanks,
I am doing it

Carmine

Perfect! Next week I will give you another assignment!
is there anything you would like to learn or should I just go with what I believe will work the best?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:16 PM