Practicing Ez Drummer., Two demos.
Gilmore
Nov 8 2008, 04:13 PM
GMC:er
Hi

I just discovered Ez drummer, and I recorded this little medley for practice. I used the Drumkit from Hell, it got nice and heavy sound, then I played bass and guitars on top of it.

[attachment=11034:EZ.mp3]

Here´s another one, a longer and more difficult piece to program. I used less presets here and alot of these drums are put in manually, because I don´t have a MIDI keyboard. It still needs vocals, but I will ask the singer in my band to record it soon.

[attachment=11035:FA.mp3]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Canis
Nov 8 2008, 05:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Oh yeah!!! I love the first one!! Sounds like real old-fashioned Rock'n Roll! biggrin.gif
I've been wondering if I should give EZ Drummer a try as well... Looks like it's both easy yet advanced to use, and it gives good results for the songs I've heard with it ^^

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 8 2008, 11:43 PM
Instructor
Sounds good man, keep practicing, also try to mix and produce your drums a bit, specially the snare and hihat, they always need some tweaking.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 10 2008, 12:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I loved the first song ! You are really good playing that rock n roll stuff smile.gif Second song is good but drums are a little simple and need some work to make them more interesting and "real" sounding...They just need more versatility in the line they are playing and fill ins..But this was a very good and challenging effort..You can just go and tweak it by changing bass drum patterns in places or speeding up the "hands" to play 8th or 16th notes patterns.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Nov 10 2008, 12:55 PM
Singing Instructor
They sound great,in my taste second is better.Practicing grooves is important.Because,you are not a drummer and steal you need to came up with a logical pattern,one that would drummer him self made.
Great practice beside this one(making grooves) is to listen a lot of music and see(hear)what other people did play.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
jer
Nov 10 2008, 02:59 PM
Oh man that first tune is FUN!!!!

Got my head bobbing first thing this morning!!!!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Nov 11 2008, 06:37 PM
I´m glad you guys like that rock´n roll tune. smile.gif It´s just plain simple and fun.

About the second track, I agree with Bogdan that the drums need more to them to make the track more interesting. We have recorded it roughly in the band I play in, and the real drums are fantastic, I was trying to copy his groove and fills when I did this track, but I couldn´t even get close. But when I listened to the live recording we did, I realised that the drums are the main thing in this song.

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:51 PM