R.i.p. Justin Lowe (after The Burial)
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2015, 05:27 AM
GMC:er
Another musician has sadly passed. Justin Lowe from the band AFTER THE BURIAL. I was not a huge fan of their work, but I did like some of it for it's sheer aggression. I did respect Justin as a player and he was one of the first brave souls to embrace the 9 string. He suffered from mental illness and evidently found a bridge and jumped.

Here is a vid he did with the new ibby 9. A talented player who will be missed. I'm getting tired of seeing all these creative folks with this much potential dropping one by one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Jul 27 2015, 11:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 24 2015, 04:27 AM) *
Another musician has sadly passed. Justin Lowe from the band AFTER THE BURIAL. I was not a huge fan of their work, but I did like some of it for it's sheer aggression. I did respect Justin as a player and he was one of the first brave souls to embrace the 9 string. He suffered from mental illness and evidently found a bridge and jumped.

Here is a vid he did with the new ibby 9. A talented player who will be missed. I'm getting tired of seeing all these creative folks with this much potential dropping one by one.

Fantastic musician. i didn't know him before. Sad that he passed away....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 27 2015, 06:53 PM
Very sad sad.gif I am not a huge fan of "Core" bands, but he was quite a player. Sad to see him go so suddenly because of apparent mental illness. Apparently, he was bipolar and stopped his meds and jumped off a bridge. sad.gif

QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Jul 27 2015, 06:04 AM) *
Fantastic musician. i didn't know him before. Sad that he passed away....

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Jul 29 2015, 11:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 27 2015, 05:53 PM) *
Very sad sad.gif I am not a huge fan of "Core" bands, but he was quite a player. Sad to see him go so suddenly because of apparent mental illness. Apparently, he was bipolar and stopped his meds and jumped off a bridge. sad.gif

It's so weird how the human brain works sometimes! ;-(

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 22 2015, 04:43 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow this is right up my alley. I heard that he had passed. So sad to throw a life away.

But this makes me want to check out their music.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 23 2015, 09:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Amazing musician, so sad. R.I.P

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 23 2015, 10:26 PM
Here is a cool vid where his band made uses a piece of fruit to count time about a minute in to the video. Enjoy smile.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 21 2015, 11:43 PM) *
Wow this is right up my alley. I heard that he had passed. So sad to throw a life away.

But this makes me want to check out their music.

Here is his DEMO REEL from youtube. It's nearly 45 minutes long and really has quite a range to it. Please 2 Enjoy: )

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 23 2015, 04:45 PM) *
Amazing musician, so sad. R.I.P

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:49 PM