3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Old Video Games You Remember/play Still Now, Games from 90s-early 2000s
Yash
Jul 14 2012, 05:55 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 13 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Dude ._. when i was like 12 y'old, my cousin forced me to play Doom III in the room in complete darkness ._., i ...**** myself (not literally tongue.gif)

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif That would be tough !!!!!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 14 2012, 12:11 AM) *
That looks incredible !! Damn I need a PS3 !!

Me too biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 14 2012, 12:15 AM) *
I should kind of feel like an ass, because I bought one for this game alone. unsure.gif

Hey Nhilist, you should try God of War series, if you like action, adventure, and BLOOD !! biggrin.gif Lots of it!!! Plus there are a few other things that I can't tell on the forum wink.gif But you'd love playing it biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 14 2012, 06:32 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 14 2012, 04:55 AM) *
Hey Nhilist, you should try God of War series, if you like action, adventure, and BLOOD !! biggrin.gif Lots of it!!! Plus there are a few other things that I can't tell on the forum wink.gif But you'd love playing it biggrin.gif

I have. It was my ex's favourite game series. My favourite game of that style has to be a game called, Viking: Battle for Asgard. I love it to death!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
I was a SNES addict tongue.gif Received mine in '93 and then Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past became the main reason for me to stay indoors and get lost in a parallel universe laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 17 2012, 05:18 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 14 2012, 03:11 PM) *
I was a SNES addict tongue.gif Received mine in '93 and then Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past became the main reason for me to stay indoors and get lost in a parallel universe laugh.gif

Then when did you come out of that place ?? Maybe the guitar and metal music was your savior wink.gif ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 17 2012, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Most likely yes biggrin.gif I have discovered rock music in 95, picked up the guitar for the first time in 98 and quit playing video games in 2000 tongue.gif My life changed forever laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 17 2012, 05:37 PM
Anything from the Nintendo 64.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 17 2012, 05:38 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 17 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Most likely yes biggrin.gif I have discovered rock music in 95, picked up the guitar for the first time in 98 and quit playing video games in 2000 tongue.gif My life changed forever laugh.gif

C-Man Rises smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Jul 18 2012, 04:32 AM
videos games are the main reason why i am not a guitar god tongue.gif

I know or/and played almost every game you mentioned. I had a nes, a megadrive, playstation 1,2,3 and now i have and xbox360, but i played most of the games with my pc. I am a big fan of the real time strategy genre.
Command and conquer, warcraft, starcraft, age of empires, etc etc

I am now playing settlers 7 and itt´s completely addictive, my wife hates it hehehe

This year i am waiting for another dissapointing resident evil, starcraft 2 heart of the swarm, tomb raider, and C&C5

and yes, video games and music are the best friends for married guys and kids biggrin.gif

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2012, 07:21 AM
Instructor
Warcraft 2 was a favorite of mine biggrin.gif All those cute sounds the characters were making tongue.gif Oh oh! And how could I forget...WORMS!!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 18 2012, 07:22 AM

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 18 2012, 07:48 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 17 2012, 10:06 PM) *

Hopefully, I'll quit playing soon too biggrin.gif

Discovered rock music in 2008, picked up guitar for the first time in 2010, got my own guitar in 2011... I should quit playing video games next year at this rate laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2012, 07:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 18 2012, 06:48 AM) *
Hopefully, I'll quit playing soon too biggrin.gif

Discovered rock music in 2008, picked up guitar for the first time in 2010, got my own guitar in 2011... I should quit playing video games next year at this rate laugh.gif

Good maths Yash! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 18 2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Guys, playing guitar and playing video games doesn't have to be mutually exclusive ! Just make you sure you do both !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 18 2012, 09:32 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 18 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Guys, playing guitar and playing video games doesn't have to be mutually exclusive ! Just make you sure you do both !! biggrin.gif

I can't seem to balance the two tongue.gif How do you do that ???

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 18 2012, 09:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 18 2012, 09:32 AM) *
I can't seem to balance the two tongue.gif How do you do that ???

If you feel like you haven't been playing enough guitar then play more guitar !!

If you feel you're playing too much video games then it probably is too much !

Just got to be really strict with yourself.. and honest too. If I really don't feel like playing guitar then I won't pick it up because I know it will be a waste of time. Same with video games too. Always be honest about what you really feel like doing at the time and you'll always choose to do the thing you want to do. Hopefully it won't always be video games ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 18 2012, 09:41 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Speaking of video games, Ben, what is the walkthrough you are watching these days ? It is not my favorite type of game but I like the story of this one so I am watching

Watching these is more fun than playing biggrin.gif so Yash here we go, this is the solution for you: don't play but watch walkthroughs, this way you can also practice guitar while watching biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 18 2012, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 18 2012, 09:41 AM) *
Watching these is more fun than playing biggrin.gif so Yash here we go, this is the solution for you: don't play but watch walkthroughs, this way you can also practice guitar while watching biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yes ! Very good point ! biggrin.gif

I just finished watching a play through of Heavy Rain and now I'm watching this play through.. I don't know why !! laugh.gif

I just got a new (old) game for the PS2 called Fahrenheit !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 18 2012, 10:17 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 18 2012, 07:37 AM) *

It is so hard to balance the two! Time seems to disappear so rapidly when I play videogames! I try my best to play games infrequently so this issue never arises.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 18 2012, 10:41 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 18 2012, 02:47 PM) *
It is so hard to balance the two! Time seems to disappear so rapidly when I play videogames!

That's the main problem tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 18 2012, 12:16 PM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 18 2012, 05:17 AM) *
It is so hard to balance the two! Time seems to disappear so rapidly when I play videogames! I try my best to play games infrequently so this issue never arises.

I have to agree here.

I've gotten so lucky for a dry spell of games. I have the new Ghost Recon (unopened) and Dragon's Dogma, both sitting next to my ps3. I believe the seasons also help aid in how much I play. Summers growing up I played baseball and hung out with friends so I tend to play my guitar,go hang out with people. Where as in the winter I would stay inside because its cold out and just game. After all these years I still pretty much live my life like that.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 18 2012, 12:54 PM
Guys... looks like we forgot the main topic there tongue.gif Look at the heading there tongue.gif smile.gif

The randomness on the forum never ceases to amaze me biggrin.gif Thank you guys

Rock on

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:15 AM