Guitar Rig 4 - Presets Question
Gary
Jun 8 2011, 04:36 AM
GMC:er
Finally got Guitar Rig 4 Pro Kontrol last week.. and I really like it. I do have an issue however with being able see presets that others here have posted... OH TODD?!

I took the new presets (*.ksd files) and placed them in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\My User Name\My Documents\Native Instruments\Shared Content\Sounds\Guitar Rig 4

I then fired up GR 4 and went into the options tab and selected Scan for New Presets. When I return to the Brower tab and unselect all options so the entire library is displayed within the Preset Attributes, I do not see the files that I added. When I browse to the folder outside of GR4 the files are clearly there.

I found that there was newer version of GR4 on the Native Instruments site so I thought possibly the preset files I was attempting to load in were created on a newer version of GR4 and figured the software may not be backwards compatible. I therefore upgraded my version to the lasted (4.1.2) and still no love..hmmmmm.

Any Ideas?
Gary

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 9 2011, 06:38 PM
Are you using a Mac?

Try this:
"1. Make a folder called "custom" in the "My Documents" section of your computer.
2. Open GR4 and in the presets bank section, create a completely new bank called "custom".
3. Put all of your custom presets in the folder, located in My Documents.
4. Open GR4 if it isn't already, and drag the presets from the "custom" folder to the "custom" bank."

Also, try right clicking the GR shortcut, hit "Run as administrator", and go from there.

(All from here: http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic...?f=3&t=8169)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gary
Jun 10 2011, 05:19 AM
Thanks much for the info. This did work for at least one of the presets, and it's possible that something is wrong with the other one. Interesting that it appears you cannot not add .ksd files into the default folders provided, as you suggested you must create a new folder and drop the files into that one.

Oh.. and I am on a Windows XP box by the way.

Thanks again~
Gary

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 10 2011, 10:42 AM
Instructor
Hmm that's a tricky one. Is there a way to create a folder somewhere on the disk, and load manually from GR4's browser?

I use GR4 sometimes, and it had no problems leading GR3 presets even, so this should work. It's probably some minor issue. Checking out the manual section on presets can't hurt either, I don't think there is a lot of reading there and there might be something useful.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 26 2011, 12:04 PM
QUOTE (Gary @ Jun 10 2011, 12:19 AM) *
Thanks much for the info. This did work for at least one of the presets, and it's possible that something is wrong with the other one. Interesting that it appears you cannot not add .ksd files into the default folders provided, as you suggested you must create a new folder and drop the files into that one.

Oh.. and I am on a Windows XP box by the way.

Thanks again~
Gary

We just had this same problem from another GMCer. There is an update for Guitar Rig at the NI web site. Even though the "Updater" says it's up to date, it's not sad.gif Once the guy installed the update, the presets all worked!. Here is a link to one I just did called PSYCHO AUTO WAH

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=540175

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:27 AM