> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Pentatonic Major Soul, Lesson By Javier Aviles
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Jan 29 2015, 07:14 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Pentatonic Major Soul by Javier Aviles

hi Record with guitar rig and cubase. I gave the best of myself Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2015, 08:24 AM
Instructor
Hey mate,

I like your take a lot! You have a good timing and your playing is clean! The only thing that I would like to talk about here, would be your vibrato - in the lesson, it is wider and rounder, while you kind of rush it a bit.

Try to execute the vibrato as close to Javier's and I think that should be pretty much all you need to fix. If you play along with his recording, you can adapt your vibrato to his and it would be much easier to sound similar.

On the other hand, there's always this great lesson, which you can try in order to develop your vibrato and articulation skills in general:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 30 2015, 10:50 AM
Instructor
Hi man, this is a very good take. I love your tone - it matches the lesson very well.

Cosmin has given some good suggestions regards vibrato. I think your vibrato works fine but it might be nice to just offer some variation on the technique so that some of it can be quick and sometimes slower.

There's a hammer-on type of double stop lick at 0:38 that sounds rushed. The hammer-on / pull-off part isn't as clear as it could be.

Other than that, great job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2015, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! This is a very energetic take! Good job!

I think that both Ben and Cosmin have given some good tips to improve this lesson and to polish your playing. You have a very good sense of rhythm and dynamics. I compare your tone with the original, and I feel that the original sounds warmer and it makes it fit better with the style and backing, I think that it also has some more sustain.

There are not serious things to improve on this one. It would be helpful for you to analyze the phrases, scales used, and work on variations of these licks, combined with your own phrases. This will help you to work on your creative side and to assimilate even more these cool licks and musical ideas.

Keep on the great job!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jan 30 2015, 04:30 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 2 2015, 07:56 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:57 PM