> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Bleez's Mentoring Thread
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2012, 02:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 17 2012, 08:50 PM) *
hey bro
I have that recording of Ben's pre bend lesson. Its not perfect but I didnt want to do too many recordings today incase I started playing it worse!
Keen to hear what you think.

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/pre-bend-ex1

Hey man! The take is very good! Your pre-bends are round enough and you are generally reaching the tones smile.gif there are a few spots where you seemed a bit shaky but, I'm sure it was nothing other than going a bit out of focus! What I would recommend, would be a bit more work on the flow of the piece as it's a bit rigid at this point - what do you think? Would you like to make a video for the REC zone with this one?

all the best

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 18 2012, 03:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks dude cool.gif
I would be up for doing a REC take. I need to get a better web cam at the end of the month so that will also give me time to improve on the lesson. The skin on my fingertips is kinda shredded after a week of practising those bends!

I also had a go at recording a Gilmour Style Lesson. It was just to give me something else to play as my fingers recovered for Ben's lesson huh.gif again, its not perfect but I think Im already bending better than I was a few weeks ago.

Id love to hear your thoughts on this recording if you get a chance. also..... how the hell do I WRITE this kinda solo ohmy.gif

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/gilmour-style

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2012, 11:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 18 2012, 02:15 PM) *
thanks dude cool.gif
I would be up for doing a REC take. I need to get a better web cam at the end of the month so that will also give me time to improve on the lesson. The skin on my fingertips is kinda shredded after a week of practising those bends!

I also had a go at recording a Gilmour Style Lesson. It was just to give me something else to play as my fingers recovered for Ben's lesson huh.gif again, its not perfect but I think Im already bending better than I was a few weeks ago.

Id love to hear your thoughts on this recording if you get a chance. also..... how the hell do I WRITE this kinda solo ohmy.gif

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/gilmour-style

Hey mate! As an ensemble, it's good, it has nice proper timing, but some of the bends are a bit unsure and not reaching the desired tone. My advice would be to focus on reaching those tones and once you have that in your pocket, try to be more expressive, use different dynamics smile.gif writing a solo is not that difficult once you manage to let go of thoughts such as - 'oh, what scale should I use here?' You are the most honest and genuine when you manage to write what you hear in your head smile.gif

In time, the more you play, the more able you will be at this wink.gif

Keep sending me stuff and we'll discuss biggrin.gif and looking forward to your take smile.gif Let me know what other questions you are having smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 19 2012, 02:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks cosmin. I'll keep working on those bends.
I spend some time playing the note I want to bend to and then I try bending the note and trying to match the tone. hopefully it will become more natural soon.
I'll record the Gilmore lesson again in a week or two and hopefully it will be more 'awesome' biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2012, 02:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 19 2012, 01:04 PM) *
thanks cosmin. I'll keep working on those bends.
I spend some time playing the note I want to bend to and then I try bending the note and trying to match the tone. hopefully it will become more natural soon.
I'll record the Gilmore lesson again in a week or two and hopefully it will be more 'awesome' biggrin.gif

Great man! Looking forward to hearing it wink.gif what would you like to tackle in the mean time - should we try the other lesson?

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 19 2012, 05:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 19 2012, 01:27 PM) *
what would you like to tackle in the mean time - should we try the other lesson?

yeah, I started learning the other lesson yesterday. Its a bit longer than Ben's so I will definitely have it recorded for you by the end of the month but I hope to have it down sooner tbh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2012, 07:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 19 2012, 04:51 PM) *
yeah, I started learning the other lesson yesterday. Its a bit longer than Ben's so I will definitely have it recorded for you by the end of the month but I hope to have it down sooner tbh.

Awesome wink.gif is there anything in particular regarding this new one, which you are feeling it might cause problems?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 19 2012, 11:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 19 2012, 06:49 PM) *
Awesome wink.gif is there anything in particular regarding this new one, which you are feeling it might cause problems?

Cosmin

well at the moment Ive got the first half okay. The middle bit is a little faster than I thought!
its only really my second session learning it though so I'll just need to work on brining it up to the correct tempo. Im sure I'll get it....... eventually huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2012, 04:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 19 2012, 10:13 PM) *
well at the moment Ive got the first half okay. The middle bit is a little faster than I thought!
its only really my second session learning it though so I'll just need to work on brining it up to the correct tempo. Im sure I'll get it....... eventually huh.gif

Well, if anything arises, give me a shout, k? smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 24 2012, 10:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
ok dude, Ive had quite a frustrating week. On the plus side Ive managed to increase my practice time quite a bit and have got between 1 - 1.5 hours each night last week. On the negative side this second lesson is giving me major problems.
The main problem is............. I just cant seem to play it! I am still only halfway through it and even the opening bends are giving me problems.
I want to play those bends with my middle finger but the instructor plays it with his pointing finger and mine just doesnt seem to know how to bend a string!

anyway, I thought I would record it tonight after a whole week of working on it to let you hear it in all its epic fail-ness wink.gif it is only halfway through so the good thing is that it doesnt last long biggrin.gif
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/solo-fail

to try and cheer myself up I had a go at this 'satriani rock lesson' by Gabe.
I only had 2 days on this but at least I managed to play it all the way through biggrin.gif
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/sat-style-rock

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 26 2012, 11:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey C-dog, has my latest recordings blew your mind ? smile.gif LOL! The next ones will be better.... promise cool.gif

wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2012, 06:42 PM
Instructor
Hey mate sorry for being a little late, but now I have to take care of 40 of you and it takes sometime till I get to write to everyone biggrin.gif

Alrightie, I'd suggest a bit more patience on these - the Satriani one was DEFINITELY better! YOu have to improve the timing and articulation, so bending is mainly a concern, but, give it time man - articulation doesn't build up that fast (I know it's a bit frustrating) Will you try and record over slower backing tracks? smile.gif It would do you a whole lotta good!

Let's see the takes and discuss!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 27 2012, 07:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 27 2012, 06:42 PM) *
Hey mate sorry for being a little late, but now I have to take care of 40 of you and it takes sometime till I get to write to everyone biggrin.gif

totally dude, I noticed the mega army you have amassed! you take all the time you need mate. I was just trying to make a bit of a joke at my crappy solo rolleyes.gif

I will try some slower stuff. I think my enthusiasm can make me rush things a bit, I'll definitely slow things down and try to be more precise.

cheers cosmin.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 28 2012, 08:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 27 2012, 06:58 PM) *
totally dude, I noticed the mega army you have amassed! you take all the time you need mate. I was just trying to make a bit of a joke at my crappy solo rolleyes.gif

I will try some slower stuff. I think my enthusiasm can make me rush things a bit, I'll definitely slow things down and try to be more precise.

cheers cosmin.

That's the way my friend! Keep the enthusiasm though wink.gif I'm here if you need me smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 1 2012, 09:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
wassup c-maestro

Ive had another go at the pre-bend lesson. Hopefully its a bit closer. TBH Ive played it so much over the last couple of days that it is starting to sound weird to me now!
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/pre-bend-take2

Taken your advice about playing a bit slower, I figured out how to slow down backing tracks in Reaper so Ive been doing the rock solo lesson a little slower and it is coming on much better, I should have a recording of that quite soon. smile.gif

I could probably handle another lesson to work on if there is anything you suggest?

cheers bro

This post has been edited by bleez: Apr 1 2012, 09:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2012, 11:48 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! The pre-bend lesson sounds very good! There are some little mistakes here and there, but pretty much not notice-able due to the fact that the whole ensemble is good biggrin.gif

Let's try this one now:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/bending-control/

I want to take your bends to the next level biggrin.gif what say you?

Cosmin

QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 1 2012, 08:37 PM) *
wassup c-maestro

Ive had another go at the pre-bend lesson. Hopefully its a bit closer. TBH Ive played it so much over the last couple of days that it is starting to sound weird to me now!
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/pre-bend-take2

Taken your advice about playing a bit slower, I figured out how to slow down backing tracks in Reaper so Ive been doing the rock solo lesson a little slower and it is coming on much better, I should have a recording of that quite soon. smile.gif

I could probably handle another lesson to work on if there is anything you suggest?

cheers bro

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 2 2012, 12:26 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 1 2012, 11:48 PM) *
Hey mate! The pre-bend lesson sounds very good! There are some little mistakes here and there, but pretty much not notice-able due to the fact that the whole ensemble is good biggrin.gif

Thanks mate, that's awesome to hear. I'd like to try and tidy up the little mistakes and get a rec take with the lesson sometime soon.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 1 2012, 11:48 PM) *
Let's try this one now:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/bending-control/

I want to take your bends to the next level biggrin.gif what say you?

Holy pitch-shifting batman! thats a lot of bending biggrin.gif Lets do it cool.gif
I'll make a start on that bad boy tomorrow.

I really appreciate all the help bro. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2012, 09:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 1 2012, 11:26 PM) *
Thanks mate, that's awesome to hear. I'd like to try and tidy up the little mistakes and get a rec take with the lesson sometime soon.

Holy pitch-shifting batman! thats a lot of bending biggrin.gif Lets do it cool.gif
I'll make a start on that bad boy tomorrow.

I really appreciate all the help bro. smile.gif

Anytime mate smile.gif let's see a recording of the second bending lesson and another for the prebend one but don't rush wink.gif try to be as smooth as possible, k? bending is an art which is developed in time, just like good red wine biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 15 2012, 06:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hi Cosmin,
the last week or so of my practising has not been the best dry.gif Ive been learning / playing the bending control lesson and not much else unfortunately. I usually work on a lesson plus alt picking and scales but it has been just the lesson this week. Although I have been messing about with a couple of my own riffs but that doesnt really improve my lead playing ( sadly! ) I need to re-focus and organise my practice time a bit better for next week.

anyhoo.... Here is an attempt at the bending control lesson. The bend at about 34 seconds has been a bit of a problem most times I tried recording it but on the plus side it was worse this time last week biggrin.gif
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/bending-control

I also had another go at that Gilmour lesson. I think there is a bit of improvement compared to the first time I recorded it. Not perfect but I have definitely got some of the bends a bit better.
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/gilmour-2

Cheers C-Maestro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2012, 12:57 PM
Instructor
Hey bleez biggrin.gif I can hear progress there smile.gif no worries mate. As I said, give it time as it's not going to sound uber awesome over night. BUT it sounds better than last time smile.gif which means you are improving!

Now, how about moving a bit further into lead territory, with a lesson which involves a bit more phrasing? Just to keep your ears fresh and your hands working biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pop-Rock-Solo-Beginner/

I chose this one, because it's going to help you focus on cleaner playing and more attention to articulation biggrin.gif no distortion here to hide mistakes tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:09 AM