> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Jesssej's Guitar Expressionsim From A To Z
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2012, 12:03 PM
Instructor
Hey man! We are a bit in the same direction tongue.gif musically so it's quite a pleasure to work with you biggrin.gif I'm here when you're ready!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 21 2012, 08:27 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 21 2012, 11:03 AM) *
Hey man! We are a bit in the same direction tongue.gif musically so it's quite a pleasure to work with you biggrin.gif I'm here when you're ready!

Cosmin

Hey ! Okay so I have tuned my guitar down and I'm working on that lesson and I find it difficult . But I like a challenge and I'm not going to back down . Here is my problem . I can play it , but not at the speed of the backing track . Now there are slower backing tracks I noticed but I can't figure out how to download them ? Or if you don't mind waiting I will probably be up to speed by monday/wednesday ish .

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 22 2012, 03:07 PM
Instructor
hey mate! No problem, I will wait smile.gif you can't download the slower backing tracks unfortunately but, you can push play and record with your cam and mic. I don't need uber high quality for the slower takes. I want to hear what and how you play wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 22 2012, 05:05 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 22 2012, 02:07 PM) *
hey mate! No problem, I will wait smile.gif you can't download the slower backing tracks unfortunately but, you can push play and record with your cam and mic. I don't need uber high quality for the slower takes. I want to hear what and how you play wink.gif

Cosmin

Hey ! I'm not to sure on how to use the camera to record while I play over the backing track here , but I am still practicing that lesson smile.gif I will practice at least 20min a day until I can play without mistakes ( hopefully but not likely ) And I will put up the recording hopefully in a few days . It is a tricky lesson though , I have a little bit of trouble transitioning between the different parts and the very last part I still cant play on time .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 22 2012, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Don't rush it mate wink.gif take your time to slowly study each part, after that, link them together smile.gif I don't want you to hurry, k? Better to assimilate everything at a slow but sure pace rather than hurry and not get things done properly smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 23 2012, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 22 2012, 04:22 PM) *
Don't rush it mate wink.gif take your time to slowly study each part, after that, link them together smile.gif I don't want you to hurry, k? Better to assimilate everything at a slow but sure pace rather than hurry and not get things done properly smile.gif

Cosmin

For sure smile.gif It is a fun song to play to so I don't mind the fact that I have to practice lots !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2012, 09:26 AM
Instructor
Practicing in a healthy manner will only bring up the good things smile.gif let me know if there's anything I can help you with along the way wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 25 2012, 02:27 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 25 2012, 08:26 AM) *
Practicing in a healthy manner will only bring up the good things smile.gif let me know if there's anything I can help you with along the way wink.gif

Cosmin

Hey ! Right now everything is going good smile.gif I am practicing 20min everyday on that lesson . I try to practice an hour a day and make goals to accomplish in that hour . Because in the forum Alex said 5 minutes of concentrated organized practice a day is better than a hour of fooling around doing nothing . So my practice schedule looks like this :

Warmup 10min ( I do A warmup Gaberial showed me )
The lesson you got me to practice 20min
A lesson I am working on for gabe 20min
Then I run through all the Major/Minor scale boxes , and Major/Minor Pentatonic boxes 10min
Any thoughts on that ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 26 2012, 08:04 AM
Instructor
Looks fine to me man! But try to attach tangible results something like: 'I want to be able to increment 1-5 BPM per week on exercise X or on lesson y' wink.gif in that way, after each week you will see what your progress is and you will know where you have to work more if necessary smile.gif

The goals don't have to be tempo oriented, you can create goals such as 'being able to create and record my own coherent and musical phrase based on exercise X'

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 26 2012, 02:55 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 26 2012, 07:04 AM) *
Looks fine to me man! But try to attach tangible results something like: 'I want to be able to increment 1-5 BPM per week on exercise X or on lesson y' wink.gif in that way, after each week you will see what your progress is and you will know where you have to work more if necessary smile.gif

The goals don't have to be tempo oriented, you can create goals such as 'being able to create and record my own coherent and musical phrase based on exercise X'

What do you think?

Cosmin

Awesome thanks for the advice smile.gif I will do that

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 26 2012, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Great man! Let me know if there's anything else ya need wink.gif

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 26 2012, 05:03 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 26 2012, 02:59 PM) *
Great man! Let me know if there's anything else ya need wink.gif

Okay here is a take ! haha it needs some work still but I am leaving to mexico for vacation tomorrow so today was my last chance to record . I will have to something about getting a actual recording system because my mac does a really poor job recording crunch . The timing is a off in the little alternate picking part on the high E string and there is a few little bloopers . Anyway here is the take

http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/afi-style-lesson

Where I am staying in mexico there might be a computer so I will try to keep in touch . My friend is bringing a small Acoustic guitar so I will keep Practicing while I am away smile.gif Tell me what you think about the take and what I can work on.
Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 27 2012, 08:07 PM
Instructor
Hey Jesse! smile.gif Congrats on your first effort man! The rhythm part seems to be in time, although you could try and record a little cleaner, working on the tightness of the piece a bit more at a slow pace would be just good. About the part from 0.49 onward - this is where your timing is faulty mate. Have you tried to practice this one slowly and bring it gradually up to speed?

What do you say if we first isolate the alternate picking part and you record this one slowly and then we add BPMs as you get better with it? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 14 2012, 04:08 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 27 2012, 07:07 PM) *
Hey Jesse! smile.gif Congrats on your first effort man! The rhythm part seems to be in time, although you could try and record a little cleaner, working on the tightness of the piece a bit more at a slow pace would be just good. About the part from 0.49 onward - this is where your timing is faulty mate. Have you tried to practice this one slowly and bring it gradually up to speed?

What do you say if we first isolate the alternate picking part and you record this one slowly and then we add BPMs as you get better with it? smile.gif

Cosmin

Okay I will isolate the alternate picking part and slowly bring it up to speed smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2012, 07:47 AM
Instructor
Hey Jesse! Welcome back mate wink.gif practice, record and send it over smile.gif what else have you been up to mate?

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 15 2012, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 15 2012, 06:47 AM) *
Hey Jesse! Welcome back mate wink.gif practice, record and send it over smile.gif what else have you been up to mate?

Hello smile.gif Yah I was gone in mexico for 2 weeks with my family so I was a little out of touch sorry . Although it is good to be back smile.gif I will practice that and record it . I will try to put it up on thursday or friday . Just Curious seeing as people on this site are from all over the world what country do you live in ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2012, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ May 15 2012, 01:58 PM) *
Hello smile.gif Yah I was gone in mexico for 2 weeks with my family so I was a little out of touch sorry . Although it is good to be back smile.gif I will practice that and record it . I will try to put it up on thursday or friday . Just Curious seeing as people on this site are from all over the world what country do you live in ?

Hehe, I live in Romania man smile.gif in Europe. Great! Good to have you back and rocking tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 16 2012, 05:57 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 15 2012, 06:04 PM) *
Hehe, I live in Romania man smile.gif in Europe. Great! Good to have you back and rocking tongue.gif

Wow romania thats sweet ! Yah I'm glad to be playing guitar again smile.gif I missed my guitar when I was gone .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2012, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Well, off to practice with you ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JesseJ
May 18 2012, 06:30 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 16 2012, 04:58 PM) *
Well, off to practice with you ! biggrin.gif

Okay here is the take . It is still not perfect but I am going camping this weekend so I thought I would put a take up so you know where I'm at . If you like it sweet haha if not I will make another one when I get back smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/afi-2

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:44 PM